Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Updated the Forum Rules and Guidelines (02/29/20); Blog post: GIF Roundup (04/11/20)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.1.2 || Faction Pack || Minor patch 02/20 [YRXP]  (Read 58877 times)

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile

Someone on discord noticed a hilarious exploit with Shine Ray's frigates (due to having a low "reload time").

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Someone on discord noticed a hilarious exploit with Shine Ray's frigates (due to having a low "reload time").
Haha, oh my. :o

Strange, I'm pretty sure I destroy the weapon when the frigates spawn... I'm more suprised that it didn't crash, with how fiddly that bit of the code is with the effects.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile

Haha, oh my. :o

Strange, I'm pretty sure I destroy the weapon when the frigates spawn... I'm more suprised that it didn't crash, with how fiddly that bit of the code is with the effects.
Just tried it in sim with infinite ammo command. The weapon is still functional. The little "links" look destroyed, but since it's part of the main section, it's still works and upon reload the graphics of another pair of frigates appear behind the ship.

Maybe just change reload to 999 seconds?

On a separate note, what weapon pulls enemy ships, followed by a massive blast around 1 sec later? Found out the hard way, when my oddysey was pulled right into the enemy fleet and as a bonus the blast was technically happening "behind" my shield.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 04:20:26 PM by Shad »

Caymon Joestar

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey Creature, I don't think the Description for Minimal Armor package matches what it actually gives

When I tried putting it on my taweret battleship, it only increased the speed by 5 when the description says it should increase by 15 for capitals
Spoiler

[close]

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hey Creature, I don't think the Description for Minimal Armor package matches what it actually gives

When I tried putting it on my taweret battleship, it only increased the speed by 5 when the description says it should increase by 15 for capitals
Thank you for the bug report! Hmm, I took a look at the code just now and indeed the bonus should be set to 15 flat for capitals. I haven't tested it in game for a while now, but perhaps there is some other effect in play that is dampening this bonus?

Caymon Joestar

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thank you for the bug report! Hmm, I took a look at the code just now and indeed the bonus should be set to 15 flat for capitals. I haven't tested it in game for a while now, but perhaps there is some other effect in play that is dampening this bonus?

Not sure, I started a new game just to see if it was possibly something on my end but the same thing happened, it didn't give the full 15 increase.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Not sure, I started a new game just to see if it was possibly something on my end but the same thing happened, it didn't give the full 15 increase.
It's okay, thank you for the information! I'm starting to setup my tools again so I might start looking at the bug reports that have piled up over the months.

ZeCaptain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email

You could add this as one of the player flag options, or something not quite as eye-bleeding.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

You could add this as one of the player flag options, or something not quite as eye-bleeding.
Haha, sure!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]