Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290132 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.1.1 || Faction Pack || Update 02/17 [YRXP]
« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2020, 08:20:51 PM »

Hmm, I'm sorry to bother again, but I still can't start a new game. Even after deleting the old YRXP and putting in the new one instead...

It gives me the same error.
Hmm, did you perhaps download the update from the main post before maybe 2 hours ago? Because I made a mistake and instead of linking it to 2.1.1, I linked it to the old 2.1.0 instead.  :P

If not... may I suggest trying to play with Nexerelin? Since that seemed to fix your problem the first time.

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2020, 08:27:47 PM »

It shows up on the modlist as YRXP 2.1.1 so I believe that IS in fact the right download and starsector isn't trying to gaslight me.

well, if this problem can't be solved there is nothing more to do then. I don't want to play it with Nexerelin to begin with because I would really REALLY enjoy the other starts that are available through mods. Like Varya's sector starts...

Don't worry though, what I did get to see when I went through with a few minutes in nexerelin have made it worth it to simply wait until a patch is available. Thanks for the understanding and see yall next update!

Hasp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 18, 2020, 04:27:06 AM »

Heya. Pretty new to actually trying Yuri, it looks pretty nice and I like a lot of the mechanics it's got going on. There's one thing about it that's bothering me a ton though: all the missiles have mounting graphics (like, how it's supposed to look once mounted on a ship), but a lot of those missile graphics don't seem to work visually when on a ship.

I am running Diable and Yuri at once (among other mods), and the graphic that replaces the missile looks like the the Diable Micro Missile. I'm not sure if this is an incompatibility, or some sort of weird graphical bug, but I would love to see all the missiles actually, well, look like how their art is supposed to look while mounted on a ship.

Here's a picture showing what I mean.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 18, 2020, 04:34:57 AM »

Heya. Pretty new to actually trying Yuri, it looks pretty nice and I like a lot of the mechanics it's got going on. There's one thing about it that's bothering me a ton though: all the missiles have mounting graphics (like, how it's supposed to look once mounted on a ship), but a lot of those missile graphics don't seem to work visually when on a ship.

I am running Diable and Yuri at once (among other mods), and the graphic that replaces the missile looks like the the Diable Micro Missile. I'm not sure if this is an incompatibility, or some sort of weird graphical bug, but I would love to see all the missiles actually, well, look like how their art is supposed to look while mounted on a ship.

Here's a picture showing what I mean.
Ah, right, that's a little holdover from when the mod was starting out! I used Diable as a base, and began replacing assets here and there and I never really got around to doing that one (mostly because Yuri ships don't have visible hardpoints). But thanks for reminding me, I'll swap it out with something now come the next patch. I'll note it down this time so I don't forget.

For now, uh... please don't mind it. Thankfully, the cargo icon shows the turret image so it won't be too confusing.

Hasp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2020, 05:14:43 AM »

Ah, right, that's a little holdover from when the mod was starting out! I used Diable as a base, and began replacing assets here and there and I never really got around to doing that one (mostly because Yuri ships don't have visible hardpoints). But thanks for reminding me, I'll swap it out with something now come the next patch. I'll note it down this time so I don't forget.

For now, uh... please don't mind it. Thankfully, the cargo icon shows the turret image so it won't be too confusing.

That makes sense. I guess it's a good thing I caught it and mentioned it! :D I look forward to seeing everything look pretty once you fix it up.

Hasp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 18, 2020, 05:33:54 AM »

Oh, another bug to report: the Candy Brittle Asteroid Haulers cause a crash when you try to deploy them in combat because the ships do not have a ship system. It throws an error saying "ship system cannot be null," or something very similar. Me and my friend circumvent this by going into the code manually and just giving them Flare Launchers, but I figured you might want to know.  ;D

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 18, 2020, 01:30:18 PM »

Oh, another bug to report: the Candy Brittle Asteroid Haulers cause a crash when you try to deploy them in combat because the ships do not have a ship system. It throws an error saying "ship system cannot be null," or something very similar. Me and my friend circumvent this by going into the code manually and just giving them Flare Launchers, but I figured you might want to know.  ;D
Huh, that's interesting... Why would that cause a crash? Even if I try to activate a shipsystem of a ship that doesn't have it, nothing would happen, but it definitely wouldn't crash. Were you using some sort of ship/hulllmod that references ship systems?

Hasp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 19, 2020, 02:04:08 AM »

Huh, that's interesting... Why would that cause a crash? Even if I try to activate a shipsystem of a ship that doesn't have it, nothing would happen, but it definitely wouldn't crash. Were you using some sort of ship/hulllmod that references ship systems?

No, not at all. The game just seems to have a desperate issue with them not having any ship systems when you try and deploy them to battle. I can't really say why, especially considering you can deploy them to simulations without issue.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 03:15:41 AM by Hasp »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 19, 2020, 04:20:06 AM »

No, not at all. The game just seems to have a desperate issue with them not having any ship systems when you try and deploy them to battle. I can't really say why, especially considering you can deploy them to simulations without issue.
Hmm, I'll give them a double check, but I'm sure I played with them in a normal campaign before, since their asteroids fulfill the role of meat shield for the early-mid game...

tindrli

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 19, 2020, 12:08:26 PM »

sorry if im blind but is there a changelog for 2.1.1.?
cant see it
thanx for this great MOD

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 19, 2020, 01:42:43 PM »

sorry if im blind but is there a changelog for 2.1.1.?
cant see it
thanx for this great MOD
Thanks for the kind words! 2.1.1 is an *extremely* minor patch that ought to have let YRXP work with randomized sector generation... but based on the above, that didn't quite work out. Nothing else.

Ookami

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 19, 2020, 05:41:00 PM »

Hey there! I've decided to pick up starsector recently, and I noticed your mod! I really like bullet hell games, so your faction seemed like it would be a lot of fun!

But... I can't play with it! I am not running any other mods beyond the libraries that are said to be necessary. Am I just missing something??

I really would like to able to play with these ships, but even if I choose to skip the tutorial and spawn on a system that already has been unlocked, but I can't get past the loading screen...

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 19, 2020, 09:44:38 PM »

Hey there Mr.Author! It's me again!!  ::)

But this time I have something that is NOT because of my game, I think...

Spoiler
5217 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [yrxp_srm_37] not found in weapon_data.csv
5217 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [yrxp_DECO_ma_upper_arm_right] not found in weapon_data.csv
5217 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [yrxp_DECO_ma_upper_arm_left] not found in weapon_data.csv
[close]

These guys up there are all missing from the .CSV file! And I think they were the cause of the Fatal:null error I got...

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.1.2 || Faction Pack || Update 02/20 [YRXP]
« Reply #253 on: February 20, 2020, 02:30:13 AM »

Hi, thank you both for your reports! And I've got some good news, well for you at least. My Total War Warhammer campaign finally crashed, corrupting my save, and to deal with the frustration, I've gotten off my butt to really deal with these new issues.

But... I can't play with it! I am not running any other mods beyond the libraries that are said to be necessary. Am I just missing something??
First off this. I think you are getting the same error was Pandora was a few days ago, since there was an issue with the mod starting without Nexerelin. I think I've finally gotten around to really fixing that this time. Read further below.

These guys up there are all missing from the .CSV file! And I think they were the cause of the Fatal:null error I got...
Huh, these are unused weapons, but it's weird that they didn't throw errors when I was testing. In any case, I deleted their data off, so they shouldn't be an issue.

The fixes I mentioned above are here:

- Fixed unecessary dependency on Nexerelin
- Removed unused weapons

This patch should fix your problems!  :)

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.1.2 || Faction Pack || Minor patch 02/20 [YRXP]
« Reply #254 on: February 20, 2020, 06:27:05 AM »

You freaking beautiful creature you! It works great so far!

Thanks for the patch  ;D

Now I can have my waifu ships and do absolutely nothing with them, cuz I don't wanna hurt them or the waifu captains  :-[
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39