Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290372 times)

kn1ght38

• Ensign
    • View Profile

---------------------------
Starsector 0.9.1a-RC8
Fatal: java.lang.RuntimeException: Market in yrxp_homeplate system refers to invalid entity yrxp_caparice_habitat_1
Cause: Market in yrxp_homeplate system refers to invalid entity yrxp_caparice_habitat_1
Check starsector.log for more info.
OK   

What does it meaaaan

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hmm... there's certainly a problem with the upgrade to the Yuri home system.

Can you tell me how you came into this bug:

- Is it a new game or a loaded game?
- Were you in the Sola system when you loaded in? (if new game, and using Nexerelin, did you start with Yuri commission or not)
- Are you using randomized core worlds? <-- Unfortunately, if this is the case, I'm afraid I won't be able to help you for the time being. I must admit this is my fault for not indicating that YRXP is only being tested to work in Corvus mode (as it's the simplest)
- Are you loading in from a game where the Yuri don't exist? (e.g. started a game without YRXP, then added it)

kn1ght38

• Ensign
    • View Profile

- Are you using randomized core worlds? <-- Unfortunately, if this is the case, I'm afraid I won't be able to help you for the time being. I must admit this is my fault for not indicating that YRXP is only being tested to work in Corvus mode (as it's the simplest)

oh, yeah. I guess I'm just stupid.

Omnikuken

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Crash to desktop loading an old game after Yuri update

205538 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon spec [yrex_battery_high_tech_med] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon spec [yrex_battery_high_tech_med] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.o00O.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getWeaponSpec(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.verifyFactionData(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:388)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.verifyFactionData(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:362)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.onGameLoad(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:357)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Crash to desktop loading an old game after Yuri update

205538 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon spec [yrex_battery_high_tech_med] not found!
Have you downloaded Nijigen Extend? The flux batteries and other old YRXP extras were split off into their own mod! This means that if you want to continue a save that still has those, you need that mod too. (And you can enjoy them even if you don't want to play with YRXP!)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

- The game crashed before I loaded into the map, I don't use nexerlin
Hmm, that's something that pops out to me. It shouldn't be a problem though - I'll take a look! Thank you for this report!

Antimony

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi! First of all i want to say thanks for making this wonderful mod. My weeb dreams are finally realized.
I've been playing modded Starsector for a while now. Currently running a random Nex Caprice campaign, mainly using Yuri ships to make the Sector bend to it's knees.
So, I was setting up ship doctrine for my newly formed player faction, then a few clicks here and there on the Yuri ships list (Alletto designs in my case) led to this crash right here:

Spoiler
2504200 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.P.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.oOOo.addIconFor(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.J.updateSampleFleet(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.J.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.F.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.String.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Would you happen to know the cause of this bug? Or maybe even how to fix it?
Anyways, keep up the good work! Can't wait for next update.
EDIT: typo

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile

Getting an enormous amount of starsector.log spam, easily in the high double-digit megabytes, with the following text repeated endlessly:
Code
2292036 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_MechBay  - CHECK HAS TAGL:neutrino_floh_wing
2292036 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_MechBay  - CHECK HAS TAGL:yrxp_super_fighter_wing
2292037 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_MechBay  - CHECK HAS TAGL:yrxp_super_interceptor_wing
2292037 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_MechBay  - CHECK HAS TAGL:yrxp_super_fighter_fa_wing
2292037 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_MechBay  - CHECK HAS TAGL:diableavionics_zephyr_wing
2292037 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_MechBay  - CHECK HAS TAGL:diableavionics_valiant_wing
2292037 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_MechBay  - CHECK HAS TAGL:diableavionics_blizzaia_wing
2292037 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_MechBay  - CHECK HAS TAGL:neutrino_gepard2_wing
2292037 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_MechBay  - CHECK HAS TAGL:diableavionics_raven_wing
And that was just for one carrier with that hullmod, which I admittedly modded to carry a full nine fighter wings.

EDIT: Seems you forgot to comment out line #153 of said file:

Code
		log.info("CHECK HAS TAGL:" + spec.getId() );
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 04:55:20 PM by TimeDiver »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hi! First of all i want to say thanks for making this wonderful mod. My weeb dreams are finally realized.
I've been playing modded Starsector for a while now. Currently running a random Nex Caprice campaign, mainly using Yuri ships to make the Sector bend to it's knees.
So, I was setting up ship doctrine for my newly formed player faction, then a few clicks here and there on the Yuri ships list (Alletto designs in my case) led to this crash right here:

Would you happen to know the cause of this bug? Or maybe even how to fix it?
Anyways, keep up the good work! Can't wait for next update.
EDIT: typo
First off all, thank you for your kind words! It makes me glad to hear the people enjoy the mod. ;D

As for the crash... unfortunately, the error log isn't telling me much, but it sounds somewhat similar to a bug report filed long ago that I still couldn't really find a solution for - do you perhaps have the Aether Shawl in your blueprints list, and if you do, did you also remove the default variants and input some custom ones? There is a crash I still don't know how to resolve when this is done, so I would discourage people from doing that - at least, just for that ship.

Getting an enormous amount of starsector.log spam, easily in the high double-digit megabytes, with the following text repeated endlessly:
Sorry about that! Bad habits die hard. This line will be gone in the next patch though (soon)!

Antimony

• Ensign
    • View Profile

First off all, thank you for your kind words! It makes me glad to hear the people enjoy the mod. ;D

As for the crash... unfortunately, the error log isn't telling me much, but it sounds somewhat similar to a bug report filed long ago that I still couldn't really find a solution for - do you perhaps have the Aether Shawl in your blueprints list, and if you do, did you also remove the default variants and input some custom ones? There is a crash I still don't know how to resolve when this is done, so I would discourage people from doing that - at least, just for that ship.

Okay, we seem to be getting somewhere at least. I checked my save game again and it appears i don't have the Aether Shawl blueprint, so I don't think it's the cause of the problem. I have not modified the variants in this mod in any way either.

Because i had some free time i went and did some bug testing.
Several tests later it seems to somehow relate to the preview of the sample fleet from the doctrine menu. I pressed the randomize button a few times and sure enough the crash happened. Well, the log showed the crash a bit differently (it was shorter than last time) but here it is nonetheless (had to cut the log short because the forum gave me database errors):
Code
282257 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.J.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)

It had the similar lines as the last crash, particularly to these from the last crash:
Code
Maybe it has to do with a missing icon in the fleet composition preview?

===
Since I've also looked at my log files again, i though i might share some other bug i found. Though i'm not sure why no one has reported it yet since it's basically a big chunk of repeating errors at my log file, so it could just be me and a corrupt mod file.
Code
3630889 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.ProximityFuseAI  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["range"] not found.
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["range"] not found.
at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
at org.json.JSONObject.getDouble(JSONObject.java:445)
A bit of digging tells me it has to do with weapons that have the Proximity Fuse AI in it. I'm not sure if i could see anything wrong with the code itself though since i have little to no experience in Java. I see no problems or glitches in battle with weapons using it though.

I could probably live with these bugs, but it could prove fatal or soul crushing for individuals like me who forgot to save their game after a long exploration, and decided they want a stronger patrol fleet.
Anyways, i would love to help fix these bugs in any way i could. I don't have much coding experience, but would a full log file help?
Thanks for reading my (somewhat long) post!

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Okay, we seem to be getting somewhere at least. I checked my save game again and it appears i don't have the Aether Shawl blueprint, so I don't think it's the cause of the problem. I have not modified the variants in this mod in any way either.

Because i had some free time i went and did some bug testing.
Several tests later it seems to somehow relate to the preview of the sample fleet from the doctrine menu. I pressed the randomize button a few times and sure enough the crash happened. Well, the log showed the crash a bit differently (it was shorter than last time) but here it is nonetheless (had to cut the log short because the forum gave me database errors):
Hmm... not the Aether Shawl? Could you have the Mythril Cloak, then? Those two are really the only two ones that have complex systems connected to them... It might be too much to ask, but if you could spare some time - I'll be doing it myself eventually to try and solve this, but there is a method for figuring out which ship/ships is broken in that screen.

1) First, remove all ships from your priority/only set basic vanilla ships. Save a copy here so you have somewhere to go back to just in case.

2) Next, put 1/2 of all Yuri ship blueprints you know of as priority. This will make them spawn in the preview screen (this is the part that causes the crash in that screen. Cycle the preview screen maybe 10-20 times and see if it crashes.

3) If it doesn't crash, the broken ship is on the other 1/2. Repeat step 2 on that.

4) If you find the 1/2 that crashed, remove 1/2 of the ships in that list. It doesn't matter which, we're basically finding them via elimination. Then, cycle the preview again and see if it crashes. Repeat step 2 on that smaller list.

5) Do these steps until you boil down the broken ship candidates to maybe 1 or 2 (oh, and also make sure to remove non-vanilla weapons/fighters from priority too, in case those are the ones causing the crash).

6) Knowing those 1 or 2 candidates will really help me figure out what is wrong and why, but sometimes, there are scenarios I don't really know how to fix even if I knew what ship is bugged, like the strange crash in this same screen for the Aether Shawl, if you removed its default variants and replaced them with custom ones. So fingers crossed.

Since I've also looked at my log files again, i though i might share some other bug i found. Though i'm not sure why no one has reported it yet since it's basically a big chunk of repeating errors at my log file, so it could just be me and a corrupt mod file.
Code
3630889 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.ProximityFuseAI  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["range"] not found.
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["range"] not found.
at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
at org.json.JSONObject.getDouble(JSONObject.java:445)
A bit of digging tells me it has to do with weapons that have the Proximity Fuse AI in it. I'm not sure if i could see anything wrong with the code itself though since i have little to no experience in Java. I see no problems or glitches in battle with weapons using it though.

I could probably live with these bugs, but it could prove fatal or soul crushing for individuals like me who forgot to save their game after a long exploration, and decided they want a stronger patrol fleet.
Anyways, i would love to help fix these bugs in any way i could. I don't have much coding experience, but would a full log file help?
Thanks for reading my (somewhat long) post!
This one seems to be a bug on the vanilla code... "com.fs.starfarer.<whatever>" is a quick way to tell. That said, I do use a lot of Proximity Fuses in YRXP. Does it cause a game crash, by the way? From your comment, it seemed like you didn't really notice it till now, so maybe it doesn't, in which case that might explain why nobody has ever reported it - nobody would see its error (or its effect if it even does anything) otherwise.

And thank you for the bug reports, by the way! Sorry the mod's gotten rather unstable as it grew.  :'(

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yuri Expedition v.2.1.0 is coming very soon! I've got something pretty fun in store!

Take a peek at what's coming here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmYBghKp1us

Demo goes live on 7:30 AM EST!

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.1.0 || Faction Pack || Update 02/12 [YRXP]
« Reply #222 on: February 12, 2020, 04:47:44 AM »

Update 2.1.0
Shrinking and Expanding

*Important: Before updating always make a save copy just in case!

I. New Features

- New Forge Hullmod!

Interstellar Mall

Furnishes a fully functional shopping mall in the space otherwise allocated for a ship forge.
Being an external market, the goods traded here are exempt from any tariffs apart from those set by the ship's owner.
Apart from the income, these facilities also provide a place for crew members to relax, increasing CR recovery rate by 50%.

This hullmod allows you to sell civilian goods at a profitable price, and without paying exorbitant tariffs! The only downside is that customers will only buy so many everyday, so you'll have to wait for the stocks to deplete, rather than sell them all wholesale!

To do so, just orbit the planet you want to sell to and just wait for the day to end - then you'll see how much you sold. (Demonstrated at the video in the header, later half)

The prices, number of buyers and therefore your profit all depend on many intertwined factors! These include:

- The supply and demand in the planet you're selling to - Nobody's willing to buy Volturnian Lobster at a high markup on Volturn itself!
- Your reputation with the faction owning the planet - They can put pressure on you, or your customers in various ways to constrict your cash flow!
- The ship's CR - Customers won't buy from a poorly maintained ship and demoralized service crew!
- The legal status of commodities - The tight clamp on goods that come in and out of your mall is a double-edged sword!
- The ship size - a bigger mall can pack a bigger crowd at any one time!

But of course, you won't be making a single credit if you don't have goods to sell. These are what can be sold through the ship mall:

Domestic Goods

Luxury Goods

Volturnian Lobster

Pop Music Singles

Xenofashion

Some goods can be sold at a higher price than others! In particular, the most commonly bought produce are Domestic Goods, but are also rather cheap. Those might be good to stockpile in the early game so you can have a steady cashflow later!

- New Ship!

But it's not here!

Check the new Star Promenade minimod to get it! There's a good reason for it, promise! Check it out!

II. Changes

- FINALLY Fixed bug with retreating when using drone launchers/firebases.

Big thanks to Alex for this! It made it really annoying to play the way I intended (short, retreating skirmishes) because the units that would be the rearguard (the drones and firebases) were the primary cause of this error.

- Removed eggshell drone and drone MLRS from Yuri list. Also removed the Drone Controller ship.

This is because the drones seemed kind of ugly, and when spawned en-masse (their intended usage), they really tank performance. I mean, the missiles alone already do that, so I feel having two things in the mod that tank FPS might be a bit too much...

- Reduced Firebase count to 1, while adding 2 more types of firebase.

The firebases seemed rather weak when deployed in 1s or 2s, but they're the sort of thing that really hits critical mass when you deploy 10 or more. Before, that meant just 3-4 Sapper ship (3 each) could really ruin your opponent's day, while just having 1 is kind of underwhelming. The system I figured to try and resolve this is to make each firebase a bit better (introducing 2 new types of weapons for them - A Raiko Artillery and A Hailstorm MLRS, plus improving the fire rate of the existing Mortar firebase), but make each Sapper ship only drop 1 of them. This means that while a significant investment into Sapper ships will be required to hit critical mass, having 1 or 2 ships in your backline will suffice to accomplish their intended role - artillery fire support.

- Reduced HP and armor of all mech infantry, removed all flak jackets except for Assault Sappers.

This puts them slightly in line with Aria's infantry. Yuri Mechs are, in general more versatile and more heavily armed than an Arian mech, but the latter can be deployed en-masse and are very cheap, OP-wise.

Or, at least, that's how I envision them to be. I hope the balance changes reflect this vision.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 05:15:51 AM by creature »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

you saw nothing
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 05:14:10 AM by creature »

Antimony

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hmm... not the Aether Shawl? Could you have the Mythril Cloak, then? Those two are really the only two ones that have complex systems connected to them... It might be too much to ask, but if you could spare some time - I'll be doing it myself eventually to try and solve this, but there is a method for figuring out which ship/ships is broken in that screen.

1) First, remove all ships from your priority/only set basic vanilla ships. Save a copy here so you have somewhere to go back to just in case.

2) Next, put 1/2 of all Yuri ship blueprints you know of as priority. This will make them spawn in the preview screen (this is the part that causes the crash in that screen. Cycle the preview screen maybe 10-20 times and see if it crashes.

3) If it doesn't crash, the broken ship is on the other 1/2. Repeat step 2 on that.

4) If you find the 1/2 that crashed, remove 1/2 of the ships in that list. It doesn't matter which, we're basically finding them via elimination. Then, cycle the preview again and see if it crashes. Repeat step 2 on that smaller list.

5) Do these steps until you boil down the broken ship candidates to maybe 1 or 2 (oh, and also make sure to remove non-vanilla weapons/fighters from priority too, in case those are the ones causing the crash).

6) Knowing those 1 or 2 candidates will really help me figure out what is wrong and why, but sometimes, there are scenarios I don't really know how to fix even if I knew what ship is bugged, like the strange crash in this same screen for the Aether Shawl, if you removed its default variants and replaced them with custom ones. So fingers crossed.

Spoiler
[close]
Okay, so I found the candidates. Here's a screenshot of what it my screen looked like.
Again, did not have Aether Shawl nor the Mithril Cloak's. Wish I had their blueprints to use though, very tanky ships in my run.
So, anyways, through your proposed method of elimination, I have the main culprit.

It's the Guardian Angel. dang i wanted this on my fleet so bad, i had hoped it was the one with the least problems
This ship crashed after cycling the preview screen only once or twice. The others can go through tens of cycles without a hitch, both individually and while selecting multiple ships (excluding this ship). Why though, I have no real clue. Just a few gut feelings and hunches.
Maybe because the Guardian Angel is complex? It has shields and all that. I'm at a dead end, and the log file won't explain much.

This one seems to be a bug on the vanilla code... "com.fs.starfarer.<whatever>" is a quick way to tell. That said, I do use a lot of Proximity Fuses in YRXP. Does it cause a game crash, by the way? From your comment, it seemed like you didn't really notice it till now, so maybe it doesn't, in which case that might explain why nobody has ever reported it - nobody would see its error (or its effect if it even does anything) otherwise.

And thank you for the bug reports, by the way! Sorry the mod's gotten rather unstable as it grew.  :'(
Well, as far as I could remember, I had no crashes related to battles at all! So good news on that front. I have to say the experience of seeing an entire screen with text of repeating error messages on the log was quite jarring though. Since there's no fixing that at the moment, and it's not causing any visible ingame problems, I think we could ignore this "bug" for now.

I will keep reporting to the best of my ability of any possible bugs that might arise. I hope this would make for a more enjoyable Starsector experience.
Thanks for reading again, I hope I'm not posting here too often.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 07:13:36 AM by Antimony »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39