Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290248 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.8.2 || Faction Pack || Patch 12/26 [YRXP]
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2020, 02:13:01 PM »

There's being a tease and then there's full blown cruelty  ::)
Haha, sorry for that - I thought I'd have it go up when most people were awake!

very interesting! Though that would also nullify the impact of upcoming change to the fleet limit where you start to expend exponentially more supplies...

Well, that is something to see for when that update hits (really, and exponentially? :o if anything, the manufactory would need a buff when that happens!)

also i wonder how that would interact with high OP ships capable of receiving both forge and any efficiency overhaul type hullmod, sitting on a planet and buying all it's stocks of raw materials in order to refine them at a profit only buying up some heavy machinery now and then

You could certainly do that! Roleplay as an independent refiner and nickel and dime your way into a profit! That said, I did give this a go (of course!) and found that it's more difficult than one would think - the sector economy system is at play, and the more raw materials you buy at one place, the more expensive they become and the more finished products you sell, the cheaper they get. Ultimately, after 'foraging' for a few cycles, you'll need to skip to the next market because your current home base has become unprofitable.

Emergent gameplay!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 02:15:06 PM by creature »

nocare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2020, 06:21:18 PM »

First love the mod, defiantly in the top 3 I use.

Second, possible bug, the Dreamland L air-launched torpedoes don't reliably go after the targeted ship instead often going after nearby targets. Could see as intended feature but its not in the description so idk

Third, less of a bug more of a usability problem, the burn drive off the carrier squadrons gets activated under sub-optimal conditions. Such as when the unit is set as regroup it will often just activate the burn drive as soon as it comes off cooldown only to then turn around as soon as the burn finishes to go back to the carrier.

fourth, to bad about no more capitals, I was hoping for an astral replacement. O well still a great mod.

Lasty, is there an intended way for the player to break into acquiring yuri ships and weapons?
I ask because the traditional methods of purchasing, steeling, and salvaging don't really seem to be options for yuri. Specifically buying generally doesnt offer most of the ships and only offers a decent weapons pool after many separate visits, cool no big. Bounties are a way, but trading-co bounties are rare for some reason.
On top of that ,when they do appear, unlike other factions (including mods) its hard to win a fight without some yuri ships of your own. I understand and like that first grueling battle where your trying to just get some tech and maybe a few ships so you can even the playing field for the next battle. However I find with yuri that even having capital ships against an enemy fleet with none is only a bonus if the capital is nearly pure PD as the yuri ships are too fast to catch before the missile swarm overwhelms the shields. Smaller ships just don't often have enough slots to fit enough PD to protect themselves until you get yuri style PD systems.

Kitfox88

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2020, 02:06:21 AM »

Do the homing lasers benefit from ECCM or is that exclusively various missiles?

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2020, 10:53:12 AM »

Well, that is something to see for when that update hits (really, and exponentially? :o if anything, the manufactory would need a buff when that happens!)
Yep, over a certain fleet limit every ship costs x% more supplies to maintain with the penality becoming worse and worse with every additional ship. If i remember correctly, that is
On the left half of the Bell curve

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2020, 03:28:05 PM »

First love the mod, defiantly in the top 3 I use.
Thank you very much! That's high praise given there are a lot of absolutely impressive mods around! (or perhaps you haven't run into all of them yet?)  ;D

It's a big post, so I'll run through each point below.

Second, possible bug, the Dreamland L air-launched torpedoes don't reliably go after the targeted ship instead often going after nearby targets. Could see as intended feature but its not in the description so idk
Hmm, the Dreamland arcs a little bit in its slow lurch towards its target - maybe it's just that? I'll take a look later to make sure, but I'm pretty sure that, just like all other Yuri missiles, it will only go after nearby targets if its original was already destroyed (a futile effort, because it's slow and clumsy).

Third, less of a bug more of a usability problem, the burn drive off the carrier squadrons gets activated under sub-optimal conditions. Such as when the unit is set as regroup it will often just activate the burn drive as soon as it comes off cooldown only to then turn around as soon as the burn finishes to go back to the carrier.
Hmm, yeah I notice that behavior sometimes too, but I guess that's because the vanilla burn drive AI isn't made for fighters, haha. Maybe in the future I'll make a better one for it!

fourth, to bad about no more capitals, I was hoping for an astral replacement. O well still a great mod.
Sorry! Gotta keep em small.

Lasty, is there an intended way for the player to break into acquiring yuri ships and weapons?
I ask because the traditional methods of purchasing, steeling, and salvaging don't really seem to be options for yuri. Specifically buying generally doesnt offer most of the ships and only offers a decent weapons pool after many separate visits, cool no big. Bounties are a way, but trading-co bounties are rare for some reason.
Hmm that's pretty much it, I'm afraid. Though the same could be said for most factions, really. But I think the problem is that the Yuri only has 1 planet and thus only 2 markets (open/military). I plan to change that in the next update!

On top of that ,when they do appear, unlike other factions (including mods) its hard to win a fight without some yuri ships of your own. I understand and like that first grueling battle where your trying to just get some tech and maybe a few ships so you can even the playing field for the next battle. However I find with yuri that even having capital ships against an enemy fleet with none is only a bonus if the capital is nearly pure PD as the yuri ships are too fast to catch before the missile swarm overwhelms the shields. Smaller ships just don't often have enough slots to fit enough PD to protect themselves until you get yuri style PD systems.
Oh! Thank you for this insight! I haven't had much chance to play against Yuri ships using vanilla, and I think what you said just now gives me an idea of what to do for the next-next balance run!

Do the homing lasers benefit from ECCM or is that exclusively various missiles?
AI-wise, there is no difference, but iirc, ECCM increases missile speed and turn rate, right? If so, since the lasers are actually 'missile' types, then they will benefit from that. In particular, the green laser because it's so slow.

fu12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2020, 10:17:08 PM »

I've noticed that the AI tends not to shoot "over" ships when using the yuri mortars. I think its cuz the AI doesnt think the shell is actually a missile or something. Specifically only on ships. The ones on the firebases shoot as apparently intended. Though it could also be that I'm not supposed to have access to them, cuz i cheatyfaced possesion of guns.

Also the Sakura Splitter does not in fact have a range of 2000 because the shell detonates into the submunitions immediately out of the barrel from the Scorched Lily
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:00:09 AM by fu12 »

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2020, 02:14:20 AM »

Mining in Nex may actually become useful?
yes please
My Dwarf Fortress Mod: DESOLATION 1.5
My Channel: V. S. Cosplay

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2020, 02:01:35 PM »

I've noticed that the AI tends not to shoot "over" ships when using the yuri mortars. I think its cuz the AI doesnt think the shell is actually a missile or something. Specifically only on ships. The ones on the firebases shoot as apparently intended. Though it could also be that I'm not supposed to have access to them, cuz i cheatyfaced possesion of guns.

Also the Sakura Splitter does not in fact have a range of 2000 because the shell detonates into the submunitions immediately out of the barrel from the Scorched Lily
Hmm, I'll check the AI's behavior with mortars in the future. It might be that, because there aren't (I think) non-friendly fire ballistic weapons in vanilla, that there are no AI provisions for this eventuality. Then again, there's the firebases...

As for the Sakura Splitter, I'll take a look too, but know that the shell has a sort of proximity fuze, so that it can shower targets in submunitions.

Mining in Nex may actually become useful?
yes please
Yes, indeed!   ;D

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.0.0* || Faction Pack || Major Update 02/02 [YRXP]
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2020, 06:25:48 PM »

Major Update 2.0.0
Reduction and Evolution

*Important: Before updating always make a save copy just in case!

I. Major Changes

- Utility Weapons, Criminal Industries, the Literal Harpoon and Facewrecker Rocket are all removed from this mod and have been transferred to [YREX] Nijigen Extend. This update will BREAK YOUR SAVE unless you download and install that mod too!

- After 4-5 years, the Caparice Homeworld will receive an upgrade! This includes a new orbital fortress, Foron Kahlua, which serves as the new base of operations for Cypher Defense Co., a subfaction that consolidates all of Task Force Mikina ships. All Task Force Mikina mod ships have been assigned to that subfaction! Meanwhile, the homeworld will receive an upgrade, itself. It will receive an upgrade from Heavy Industry to Orbital Works with a Corrupted Nanoforge, a Military Base to High Command, and it will receive a custom building - Orbital Defense Array, which makes this already tough nut even tougher! This update works retroactively, so if you have an old save where more than 5 years have passed, and Caparice still belongs to the Yuri, the upgrade will immediately apply.

II. Ship and Balance Changes

- The Guardian (the missile one and the Task Force Mikina version) and Angel Wing ships have been removed from the Yuri ship list. Their old data still remains to avoid crashing, but they will no longer be available in the market nor in Yuri fleets.

The Guardian was removed because it had too many small missiles for its supposed role of a picket ship. The same goes for the Task Force Mikina version, but as for that one, I made an edit to its model and added a new version to the ship list.

The Angel Wing was removed because... well, I thought its sprite was a bit 'noisy', and had a lot of things jutting out and didn't look very pretty. Well, if you still have your Angel Wing, you can definitely keep using it!

In lore - all of these were just prototypes, so only a few were made (the ones you have!), but the mass production and improved ones superseded them.

- The Snowstorm missile frigate was given reduced OP. Now, you'll need to rely on the malus-giving +OP hullmods to fill a snowstorm to the brim with missiles, unless it's just skyflowers.

- Standardized Missile Racks now also  give -75% RoF when non-Yuri missiles are mounted. I didn't realize there were vanilla missiles that did not use the ammo system at all, and this is the answer to that.

- Dreamland Torpedoes now have a "vacuum" effect during the fusion phase, so frigates won't be able to escape damage by simply floating away.

- Homing Lasers have been given improved tracking.

- All Yuri battle cannons have been given different ammunition: They no longer use the APHE shells, as these have been given to Aria, along with the Enma Battery. Now, all Yuri battle cannons use APFSDS shells, which only increase Kinetic damage the closer the target is (but with greater effect).

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Thanks for your continued (unpaid) work!

Edit:

63667 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\YRXP (data\variants\aria_frigate_torpedo_pantherturm.variant)]
64662 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [aria_frigate_torpedo] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [aria_frigate_torpedo] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.M.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.for(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÒO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I thought It was just missing YREX but nope, it is still crashing.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:47:12 PM by ZeCaptain »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Thanks for your continued (unpaid) work!

Did you forget something?
Oops! Sorry about that, there was a misplaced file! Fixed it now; please redownload v2.0.0!

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Still not loading:

https://i.imgur.com/oZ6jJLM.png

I think you forgot something else.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile

On another note: creature, why do you insist on stuffing every single file into the .jar archive? Only compiled .class files absolutely need to be inside one of those, along with a MANIFEST.MF file in the \META-INF\ sub-folder.

Addendum: Attempting to load the game with the very latest download, results in the following (I deleted the entire YRXP sub-folder and everything within):
Code
15229 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [aria_frigate_torpedo] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [aria_frigate_torpedo] not found!
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.M.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.for(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÒO0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Thing is, I swear I saw that file in an earlier upload...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 08:22:27 PM by TimeDiver »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Still not loading:

https://i.imgur.com/oZ6jJLM.png

I think you forgot something else.
Sorry, that was an error in YREX, please redownload Nijigen Extend v.0.1.0 again!

On another note: creature, why do you insist on stuffing every single file into the .jar archive? Only compiled .class files absolutely need to be inside one of those, along with a MANIFEST.MF file in the \META-INF\ sub-folder.
Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks for the tip! I'll do so for future releases!

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Thing is, I swear I saw that file in an earlier upload...
That was actually the problem! That file is for Arian Empire and shouldn't be in YRXP's folder! If you would check your data/variants folder and see if there is a file with an aria_ prefix, please delete those.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39