Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290214 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.8.0 || Faction Pack || Release 12/23 [YRXP]
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2019, 04:17:00 AM »

Update 1.8.0
Full Scale

*Important: Before updating always make a save copy just in case!

I. New Features, Changes and Fixes:

- All drones have been reworked for the entire faction! Ships like the Shine Ray now visually carry their drones and when they are deployed, it is possible to command them!

Spoiler
[close]

- Still on drones, this update adds a new hullmod, Drone Auxiliary, which adds a wing of IW-110 Pixie drones on almost any Yuri ship.

IW-110 Pixie

...it grinds right up against engine limitations, however, so please read the tooltip! Very Important!

- More drones! This update also adds weapons that spawn remote-controlled gunpods:

Spoiler
[close]

- Sapper Ship's system has been reworked - the Fire Bases are now stationary, fortify their positions and come with an infantry complement! Give not a single inch! This, and all of the above is fully featured in the new showcase mission, demonstrated here:

- Added two new colony buildings:

Privateer's Haven

Yuri Quarter

- Fixed DP overuse issue. Thanks to Khoi128 for reporting this issue! I think this was caused by modules and fighters being assigned some default number of DP while I set them to blank in ship_data.csv. I thus set everything to 0, and after a test, it seems to have been fixed. Looking forward to your feedback on this fix!

- Added some Yuri ships in the simulator, in case you wanted to test your ship PD against a saturating barrage! (I did)

II. New Ships, Wings and Changes

- The full set of Yuri Mechanized Infantry has been completed! Here is a chart of everything available:

1st Mechanized Division
"Lazy Lilies"
2nd Mechanized Division
"Sweety Candy"
3rd Mechanized Division
"Rainbow Marble"
Sapper Corps
Witch Corps

Infantry Platoon

Anti-Tank Platoon

IFV Platoon

Light Infantry Platoon
Sniper Team
IFV Platoon
Infantry Platoon
Anti-Air Platoon
IFV Platoon
Combat Engineer Platoon
Light Artillery Support
Assault Team
Stella-Pattern Exo Suit

Alte-Pattern Exo Suit

- New custom ship for Vayra's Sector, High Value Bounty! You can also try it out during in the showcase mission!

[Picket Ship] AE-611 mod. Shinka "Angel Rose"
by Archibalde (recolored)

- Now for ships added to the standard Yuri arsenal:

[ECM Corvette] AE-522-E "Illusion Flower"
by Axlemc131 (recolored)

[Drone Controller] AE-528-D "Chestnut Basket"
by Axlemc131 (recolored)

Here is a demo of the ECM Frigate's special weapon in action:

- The AE-907 "Shine Ray" and AE-611 "Guardian Angel" have gotten their Aegis Armors reworked to be more aesthetically pleasing. In effect, this gives the Shine Ray just a bit more firepower, so I adjusted its DP cost to 60. As for the Guardian Angel, its survivability is greatly improved, but I have not changed its DP since I felt it was underperforming for its DP cost anyway (mostly due to lack of weapon slots).

- The AE-522-H "Honeycomb", IW-365 "Morning Drop" and IW-700 "Angel Wing" have had their shipsystems changed - they now have AA drone systems instead of Maneuver Jets.

III. New Weapons and Weapons Changes

- Another big thing in this new update is the completion of the Common-type utility 'weapons'! First off, I've added a Low-tech version of the entire Engineering Bay line. But here are some exciting new additions

Flux Battery / Flux Battery Array / Auxiliary Flux Core

This new high-tech utility 'weapon' will recover flux (even hard flux) equal to its ammo stores (500/1500/5000) when the ship goes over 50% of its maximum flux. Its sounds great, but don't get ahead of yourself! If the weapons get destroyed, the flux they've absorbed is released in the form of several EMP arcs that bounce around the ship! If you're not careful, Flux Batteries can arc into other Flux Batteries and they next thing you know, you have a completely disabled ship in the middle of an enemy fleet!

Here it is in action:

Reserve Ammo Magazine / Spare Ammo Dump / Backup Armory

This one comes in the mid-line BP and it restores the ammo of missile weapons that have the same or smaller size than its mount! That, too, sounds great, and I bet you're raring to try out your infinite reaper ship, but just like the previous one - it has a fatal drawback. If this weapon is disabled, even just by stray EMP, the entire magazine will explode, and permanently disabling the weapon. More than that, it does 1000 High-Explosive damage straight into your hull for every remaining ammo in the magazine! If you want the power, you're gonna take on the risk! Enjoy your ticking time bombs!

*Please don't mind the assets, I was too lazy to make anything new so I just used the turret covers for the respective tech levels, haha.

** Since these are set to the common BP's, the Yuri Expedition doesn't really use them, but I hope you enjoy these quirky new additions!

- And here is the ultimate Large weapon that the faction can use:

[Doomsday Weapon] "Last Smile" ICBM Launcher

It's exceedingly rare, and this is what it does, but I added it mostly for the lore value:

Spoiler
[close]

IV. Next Steps

- With this update, I think the mod has reached its near-complete state, in terms of content additions. Apart from a couple of things, there will be no more new features, no new classes of ships (except for new skins, I want to make more of that). Going forward, new stuff will probably be minor stuff like new industries and hullmods, and stuff to address balance problems.  As such, I will be asking the mods to promote it to the main mod category!

- I think I'll be putting off the questlines till after the next updates, since there seems to be some changes going on in that part of the API. And, well, that time I messed around with the rules system sort of traumatized me and I'm -really- not looking forward to working on it again, haha :o

Merry Christmas to everyone, and thank you all for trying out this little mod! I hope you continue to enjoy it going forward!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 04:13:12 PM by creature »

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.8.0 || Faction Pack || Release 12/23 [YRXP]
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2019, 07:37:53 AM »

I think the HVB ship and and very rare superweapon are showing up in the Advanced blueprint package, is that intended? Also, the AI core bonuses for the new industries might be a bit overtuned.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 08:09:40 AM by Starareo »

Namesarehard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2019, 11:14:21 AM »

I got this crash
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.weapons.yrxp_EngineeringBayFX.advance(yrxp_EngineeringBayFX.java:89)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2019, 02:51:02 PM »

Thanks for the quick feedback! I updated the 1.8.0 build with hotfixes, but I'll go though them below:

I got this crash
   at data.scripts.weapons.yrxp_EngineeringBayFX.advance(yrxp_EngineeringBayFX.java:89)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
Thanks for the report! I added some checks to protect from crashing, but I'm curious as to the situation when you got this error... The error line seems to imply that some ship doesn't have armor somewhere? It's strange.

I think the HVB ship and and very rare superweapon are showing up in the Advanced blueprint package, is that intended?
Ahh, the HVB ship shouldn't be there, but yes the ICBM is part of the advanced bp. Well, you can keep the HVB bp as a tester prize, I guess! But I've removed the tag in the hotfix!

Also, the AI core bonuses for the new industries might be a bit overtuned.
Can you elaborate on overtuned? I'm not quite sure what you mean... Is that like, too balanced or something? Haha. :o
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 02:58:23 PM by creature »

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2019, 08:00:15 PM »

I'm getting a crash from the Shine Ray- so far this same crash has occurred on two conditions:

1: Built a Shine Ray on a colony, clicked the monthly 'Production' notification it was completed in - crash.
2: After the Shine Ray was built, clicking the tab to view stored ships at that colony - crash.

Here's the log from the first one:
302873 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.P.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.showShips(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.misc.ProductionReportIntel.createSmall Description(ProductionReportIntel.java:204)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.Object.class(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.return.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.String.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2019, 10:17:48 PM »

For example, I believe the alpha core bonus for the Yuri quarter essentially removes the stability penalty and doubles the income, which might be too strong.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2019, 11:17:36 PM »

I'm getting a crash from the Shine Ray- so far this same crash has occurred on two conditions:

1: Built a Shine Ray on a colony, clicked the monthly 'Production' notification it was completed in - crash.
2: After the Shine Ray was built, clicking the tab to view stored ships at that colony - crash.

Here's the log from the first one:
Hmm... the error log isn't telling me much. I'll try to build one myself and see where the problem is. Is it correct for me to assume that you are using a save from pre-1.8.0? i.e. you had Shine Rays with the old crown in the same game?

EDIT: Can you try this? Trial fix. This just restores the old armor back on the Shine Ray. Also, can you tell me if you have a Shine Ray in your fleet currently? And if so, can you take a look if its tugs are showing the Halo drones as seen here?

For example, I believe the alpha core bonus for the Yuri quarter essentially removes the stability penalty and doubles the income, which might be too strong.
Hmm... I'll give it a think. Mainly, I balanced it around the Privateer Haven having a much larger base income (and even more when doubled), but at the cost of -2 stability in total. Then again, the Yuri Quarter also provides a defensive bonus...

Maybe I will minimize the income bonus from the Alpha Core after all.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 11:26:59 PM by creature »

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2019, 11:26:51 PM »

Not a continued save, it's a new game with your latest version. Sorry, I should have put that upfront- generally, I don't continue saves. When I play Starsector, I start a new game every time. :)

I did not have a Shine Ray in my fleet, as I wasn't able to pick it up from my colony without a crash opening the ship storage screen. The only ships there would be an Aether Shawl and a Shine Ray, I had not yet built any other ships this game or stored anything manually.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 11:29:31 PM by solardawning »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2019, 11:28:14 PM »

Nope, new game with your latest version. Sorry, I should have put that upfront- generally, I don't continue saves. When I play Starsector, I start a new game every time. :)
Oh, thanks for the quick response! In that case, I'll try to tweak it around on my side and see what's acting up.

Update: So this is curious - it turns out I could produce a Shine Ray (new colony, heavy industry, alpha core, nothing else) no problem...

Built this just now.

Can you try and see if you can produce any ship other than the Shine Ray? Perhaps the error might lie somewhere else. Or, if it's really just this ship, I may have fixed whatever problem was going on from whatever I was doing on the side. I'll upload a new update later, which will hopefully fix your issue (and a host of other ones I came across myself!)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 05:33:45 AM by creature »

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 24, 2019, 01:11:45 PM »

I may indeed have been off the mark- I picked up that game from a save before having built any ships.
I suspected the Shine Ray because I built an Aether Shawl and a Shine Ray at the same time, and Shine Ray is what changed in your latest version.

This time I only built an Aether Shawl... and when I clicked on the ship storage tab (with that being the only ship in storage), I got the crash.
This seems like the same Aether Shawl crash I had in the prior update, after you added this ship.
It *may* be related to my having already bought and used an Aether Shawl from the Caparice market, and removed the normal loadouts from the loadout screen, replacing them with a single custom one. I'd guess that possibly something funky breaks with the wing modules if industry builds a custom variant? It's really hard to pin down what exactly is breaking though, because the log error is so non-specific.

at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.intsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.fleet.FleetMemberView.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.D.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.O0oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.oOOo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.String.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2019, 02:02:07 PM »

It seems I'm having some crashing involving missile magazines on hostile starbases.
Code
490038 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: MISSILE weapons must fire missiles; weapon id: [yrex_magazine_midline_med]
java.lang.RuntimeException: MISSILE weapons must fire missiles; weapon id: [yrex_magazine_midline_med]

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2019, 02:07:54 PM »

I may indeed have been off the mark- I picked up that game from a save before having built any ships.
I suspected the Shine Ray because I built an Aether Shawl and a Shine Ray at the same time, and Shine Ray is what changed in your latest version.

This time I only built an Aether Shawl... and when I clicked on the ship storage tab (with that being the only ship in storage), I got the crash.
This seems like the same Aether Shawl crash I had in the prior update, after you added this ship.
It *may* be related to my having already bought and used an Aether Shawl from the Caparice market, and removed the normal loadouts from the loadout screen, replacing them with a single custom one. I'd guess that possibly something funky breaks with the wing modules if industry builds a custom variant? It's really hard to pin down what exactly is breaking though, because the log error is so non-specific.
I also tried building an Aether Shawl and successfully opened up the colony storage...

I'll be uploading the patch soon, so please try that out and see if the problems are fixed! Otherwise, the error might be somewhere else (perhaps a mod conflict?) For reference this is the modlist I am using and could guarantee full compatibility with (since I'm currently playing a campaign after a long while to finally give the faction a proper play)

Code
  "$$$_lightshow",
  "$$$_trailermoments",
  "anotherportraitpack",
  "raccoonarms",
  "alrnportraitpack",
  "blackrock_driveyards",
  "Celestial Mount Circle",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_console",
  "istl_dam",
  "diableavionics",
  "gflportraitpack",
  "Imperium",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "ArkLeg",
  "MagicLib",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "new_galactic_order",
  "nexerelin",
  "ORA",
  "SCY",
  "shadow_ships",
  "swp",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "StopGapMeasures",
  "tahlan",
  "THI",
  "transfer_all_items",
  "TS_Coalition",
  "underworld",
  "US",
  "vayrasector",
  "lw_version_checker",
  "yrxp",
  "shaderLib"

It seems I'm having some crashing involving missile magazines on hostile starbases.
Code
490038 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: MISSILE weapons must fire missiles; weapon id: [yrex_magazine_midline_med]
java.lang.RuntimeException: MISSILE weapons must fire missiles; weapon id: [yrex_magazine_midline_med]
Oh, I'll do what it says then. Expect it in the coming patch!

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 24, 2019, 02:15:29 PM »

Try this:

1: on the Aether Shawl refit screen in game, remove all the default loadouts.
2: save a custom loadout of your own
3: manufacture Aether Shawls at a colony until one spawns using your custom loadout. (this may take multiple Aether Shawls)

^this is the condition I've gotten crashes in. The one in your screenshot looks like it tried to fit via one of the default loadouts.
The crash will happen both from clicking the production notification, or from clicking the stored ships tab.

For reference, my custom loadout is two small chain mines, two medium chain mines, and eight of the small missile that is a 200 HE damage anti-fighter. (Can't remember the name right now, sorry.)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2019, 02:28:46 PM »

Try this:

1: on the Aether Shawl refit screen in game, remove all the default loadouts.
2: save a custom loadout of your own
3: manufacture Aether Shawls at a colony until one spawns using your custom loadout. (this may take multiple Aether Shawls)

^this is the condition I've gotten crashes in. The one in your screenshot looks like it tried to fit via one of the default loadouts.
The crash will happen both from clicking the production notification, or from clicking the stored ships tab.

For reference, my custom loadout is two small chain mines, two medium chain mines, and eight of the small missile that is a 200 HE damage anti-fighter. (Can't remember the name right now, sorry.)
Oh, hmm... I'm not very sure yet, but at a glance, my suspicion goes to when you're removing all the default layouts - it might mess with the Shawls, since they are uneditable. I'll take a closer look at this later, but for now, I might suggest using the default layouts. I guess you wanted to change the available layouts to mass produce a certain type of Aether Shawl? I like the idea, I'll try to figure out a fix, if possible, after this patch.

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2019, 02:33:19 PM »

I'd say it's a very common user behavior- I know I like to get rid of default loadouts on every ship I use in my fleet, and replace them with specific custom ones for the player and officers, so I can refit them & mass duplicate them quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39