Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Customizable Star Systems (v2.1.0)  (Read 52009 times)

Debowy_Mocny

• Ensign
  • Big armor tanking enjoyer
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Customizable Star Systems (v2.1.0)
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2024, 08:30:30 AM »

It is possible to use this mod to create a star system for own faction mod?

Aaroooon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2024, 01:19:18 PM »

Hey there, I appreciate your mod a lot, even though modding systems directly is a lot more flexible, but it's really neat without needing to know much at all to use.

I was wondering if you had considered, or if it was possible, to tweak the setting to where you can set a flag for one of the systems to force your colony to spawn in it in if you choose "Own faction" via Nexerelin. Maybe automatically spawn it in the system if the flag for "teleportUponGeneration" is set to true and choose to start with your faction?
I am not sure if this would be simpler than just adding a completely new flag or such.

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2024, 04:06:36 AM »

Hey there, I appreciate your mod a lot, even though modding systems directly is a lot more flexible, but it's really neat without needing to know much at all to use.

I was wondering if you had considered, or if it was possible, to tweak the setting to where you can set a flag for one of the systems to force your colony to spawn in it in if you choose "Own faction" via Nexerelin. Maybe automatically spawn it in the system if the flag for "teleportUponGeneration" is set to true and choose to start with your faction?
I am not sure if this would be simpler than just adding a completely new flag or such.

That's cool, thanks.
Are you planning to add a planet to mine volatiles as well?

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2024, 09:26:52 PM »

It is possible to use this mod to create a star system for own faction mod?

Yes, it is possible, although I usually wouldn't recommend it, as doing so creates an extra mod dependency for your mod that could end up breaking if/when I update this mod again. Although I don't any plans to completely rework Customizable Star Systems again anytime soon, I still don't consider this mod to be library mod by nature (where stability and, thus, not breaking dependent mods would be more important considerations). So, just be mindful of that potential risk if you are delegating your mod's star system creation to this mod.

I haven't considered this before, but my initial thought is that this idea may not only be too complicated to cleanly implement for this mod (especially with needing to code-in a special case just for a single - albeit well-maintained and popular - mod, assuming Nexerelin even supports another mod overriding the starting colony location for the "Own faction" option), but also seem somewhat redundant (with this mod allowing both the creation of custom player colonies in custom star systems and the ability to teleport to a custom system via "teleportUponGeneration").

Although it has been a long while since I've actually tested CSS with Nexerelin start options, I think Nexerelin kinda handles the custom star systems from this mod well enough (e.g. the custom star systems already being valid targets for starting colonies, with resource-rich systems being more likely to be chosen; the "Free start" option still allowing for custom player colonies from CSS; etc.) that I don't feel particularly compelled to make any concessions to Nex for now - at least, unless Nex makes a major change that interferes with this mod's systems.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 09:31:04 PM by Tranquility »

GriffinMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2024, 08:22:17 PM »

Absolutely love this mod! Been using it constantly
Question though, I don't see anything for this specifically in the references doc, but is there a way to make where a system spawns be in relation to another custom system?
Say I have two custom star systems, both identical to the other
If I want one to be spawned by procgen regularly, could I somehow have the second system be spawned only a certain distance away, either absolute values or like a minimum/maximum set distance it can be from that first custom system?

HeavyHelmud

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2024, 08:54:54 AM »

Is there a way to add conditions to stations like Port Tse for example? With the "conditions" tag it is not working, but there is no error either.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]