Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Interesting Portraits Pack || 375!! || (v1.2)  (Read 194101 times)

BigJohn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Interesting Portraits Pack || 375!! || (v1.2)
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2022, 11:11:07 PM »

Is there any way that you could provide sources the unedited original images? I've tried reverse-image-searching a few, but nothing has come up.
"We will win. Do not forget that the Hegemony want you broke, dead, your cores confiscated and destroyed, and they think it's funny."

Adventwolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2022, 07:36:10 PM »

Anymore going to be added or updated version? The game won't let me install the current version for some reason as it show up red in the mod list selection. Though that just might be me not knowing how to get it working.

Crilltic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2022, 07:48:23 PM »

All you need to do get it working is just update the version code in the mod.info text file to the most recent version.

Kiddin Me

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2022, 08:08:47 AM »

Adventwolf, if you'd like, I have an updated copy of this mod which also has the portraits from Another Portrait Pack in it.

Adventwolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2022, 10:29:44 AM »

Yeah that would be great. I just side stepped it by editing the version number. That doesn't change anything though so if there is anything wrong with normal file it would still happen.

Coil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2022, 06:58:00 AM »

I can confirm this works perfectly fine by just changing the modinfo version to the current version.

As for gender issues, that shouldn't be related to the new version at all. Portraits are specifically tied to different genders/pronouns in the mod itself. I went through and they all seem fine, but if there are any incorrectly-assigned portraits, it's a pretty easy fix if you just go into the mod with a text editor. I'll do it myself if I notice any issues. (This is a must-have mod for me, so I'm playing with it right now.)

More to the point, the way the game itself works, it assigns an assumed gender to any given portrait. All faction portrait entries, including in player.faction (where the pool of player-selectable ones is drawn from), divides "portraits" into "standard_male" and "standard_female" classes, and this is checked whenever the game needs to pull a form of address for not just the player, but any character in narration etc.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the fix!

T0talParan0ia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2022, 11:29:31 PM »

{
   "id":"interestingportraitspack", # internal id
   "name":"Interesting Portraits Pack", # displayed to the player
   "version":"1.2",
   "description":"Many many portraits",
   "gameVersion":"0.95a-RC8",
}

To make it workable with Version 0.95. Copy and paste to mod_info.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2022, 05:16:54 PM »

Great pack.  Too many of the other portrait packs don't screen for faction, and it's a pain.

Someone needs to make a .bat to print a faction file for pictures in a folder.  Probably me.

Khaos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2022, 03:25:31 AM »

The portraits are just awesome, totally a must to avoid repetitiveness in a long game. How did you make the pictures? I am thinking about adding one for myself, but definitely don't want to do anything else than the original style...

travhill20

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2022, 06:59:21 PM »

This is by far the best portrait pack. You applied just enough detail and subtlety to them that let you instantly recognize what faction they represent without feeling out of place or overly done. Great work!

Efu204

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2022, 02:51:23 PM »

Anyone got the version that is compatible with 0.95a? I don't know how to change it tbh and i don't want to break my game by changing stuff i don't know. Thank you in advance!

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2022, 03:09:23 PM »

It works fine. I use it, no problems.

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2022, 11:20:38 PM »

Anyone got the version that is compatible with 0.95a? I don't know how to change it tbh and i don't want to break my game by changing stuff i don't know. Thank you in advance!

As long as the mod in question is as simple as a portrait pack, all you need to update it is to access the mod's "mod_info.json" with a text editor, then replace the game version required in it with the one you're currently playing on.
Unless you do it yourself, I doubt you'll find an already up to date version of this portrait pack.

Efu204

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2022, 12:08:06 AM »

As long as the mod in question is as simple as a portrait pack, all you need to update it is to access the mod's "mod_info.json" with a text editor, then replace the game version required in it with the one you're currently playing on.
Unless you do it yourself, I doubt you'll find an already up to date version of this portrait pack.

It works now, thanks!

MrTwister

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2022, 04:51:41 PM »

There's something with the Dropbox link, can someone please update to 0.95.1a and reupload to a better location, like google drive or mediafire? Otherwise we can lose one of the best portrait packs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6