Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Interesting Portraits Pack || 375!! || (v1.2)  (Read 194140 times)

theloathable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Interesting Portraits Pack || 375!! || (v1.2)
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2021, 03:37:29 PM »

I just stumbled upon this mod by accident. It looks great, Can I just staple it on my already ongoing campaign or would that break things?

Post Scriptum: I'm already aware I've got to edit the mod version to make it 0.95 compatible

Worked fine throwing it on my saved game.

danando123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2021, 06:06:43 PM »

New to SS, hoping this will get a 0.95 update :)

Sandor057

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2021, 03:23:26 AM »

As long as nothing major changes in how portraits are handled, you should be OK editing the mod_info file.

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2021, 08:26:35 AM »

I have no issue furry and anime packs or whatever but we sorely needed a more spaceborne and realistic pack thank you so much for this!
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Ogaburan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2021, 02:54:12 PM »

Great work!

Glad to see a portrait pack like this embraced by the community!

Captain Rizz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2021, 08:54:38 PM »

It's a portrait pack you should only need to change the .json version number to the current game version and have everything work just fine.

I don't understand why the game even prevents mods from running that don't match the version number. If its gonna break just let it break.
Yeah, I ended up doing this, thanks. Love this portrait pack!

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2021, 09:30:56 PM »

question; is there a reason most of these are specific to persean league? or am i interpreting the portrait names wrong
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2021, 12:52:12 AM »

The names are actually irrelevant, serving only a reminder role. It's the Faction files that are important for determining who gets what.

When I got rid of a lot of duplicate portraits, I just picked one and went with it. (Because it was less workload that way.)

UMA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2021, 11:35:38 AM »

definitely my favorite potrait packs among others. amazing work on each of them, thank you for making this!

Coil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2021, 09:41:55 PM »

I have no issue furry and anime packs or whatever but we sorely needed a more spaceborne and realistic pack thank you so much for this!

100%! This is a great pack

DaST

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2021, 01:30:17 AM »

Awesome pack. Really ties in with the game!

MrTwister

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2021, 01:33:46 AM »

Clearly this is the best portrait pack for the game and the only one that integrates with original style fullly. Why doesnt someone update to 0.95 and post the link? :). I did my own, just by changing versions in the txt file but I think it might need a little extra work as there are occasional gender problems where male portraits would use "her" "she" and vice versa.

Tyrak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2021, 09:08:25 AM »

I can confirm this works perfectly fine by just changing the modinfo version to the current version.

As for gender issues, that shouldn't be related to the new version at all. Portraits are specifically tied to different genders/pronouns in the mod itself. I went through and they all seem fine, but if there are any incorrectly-assigned portraits, it's a pretty easy fix if you just go into the mod with a text editor. I'll do it myself if I notice any issues. (This is a must-have mod for me, so I'm playing with it right now.)

Coil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2021, 09:27:01 PM »

Clearly this is the best portrait pack for the game and the only one that integrates with original style fullly. Why doesnt someone update to 0.95 and post the link? :). I did my own, just by changing versions in the txt file but I think it might need a little extra work as there are occasional gender problems where male portraits would use "her" "she" and vice versa.

Ah, that's where this came from. It's been such a minor annoyance that I hadn't really bother to look it up.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2021, 12:03:56 AM »

I can confirm this works perfectly fine by just changing the modinfo version to the current version.

As for gender issues, that shouldn't be related to the new version at all. Portraits are specifically tied to different genders/pronouns in the mod itself. I went through and they all seem fine, but if there are any incorrectly-assigned portraits, it's a pretty easy fix if you just go into the mod with a text editor. I'll do it myself if I notice any issues. (This is a must-have mod for me, so I'm playing with it right now.)

More to the point, the way the game itself works, it assigns an assumed gender to any given portrait. All faction portrait entries, including in player.faction (where the pool of player-selectable ones is drawn from), divides "portraits" into "standard_male" and "standard_female" classes, and this is checked whenever the game needs to pull a form of address for not just the player, but any character in narration etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6