Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod  (Read 126274 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v4.0.2)
« Reply #330 on: April 03, 2020, 05:19:06 AM »

Just posting here for specifiying a bug I found with the skyhook anchor. It appear on some of my planets habitability bonus when I didn't actually build it (like, I never built it nowhere at the moment), and it doesn't seems to depend on planetary type or governor, didn't find it yet on AI controlled planet, but, maybe?

Also, I run on a session from when the mod was in 4.0.0, so maybe that's the cause of the bug, updated it recently to 4.0.2, but still it didn't appear on all my world. As it could easily pass unseen, I've prefered to still give you the information.

Btw, this mod is awesome, thanks. :D

I just did a quick test and I see that the skyhook accessibility bonus appears even if the skyhook is still under construction. I'll fix this in my next patch. I haven't seen the skyhook bonus appearing on planets where it was never even placed in the build queue. Give me a day or two to issue the patch, and if it still occurs after that please let me know.

FYI the skyhook is from my station construction mod, not the terraforming mod.

Thank you for letting me know about this!

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 03, 2020, 11:51:18 AM »

Can you make a "lite" version of your station mod so I am not obliged to use it to terraform desert planets? It adds too much OP stuff.

Also, can you use a certain vanilla tech to fix "meteorite impacts" ? That would be really useful :)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 03, 2020, 12:12:33 PM »

Can you make a "lite" version of your station mod so I am not obliged to use it to terraform desert planets? It adds too much OP stuff.

Also, can you use a certain vanilla tech to fix "meteorite impacts" ? That would be really useful :)

The station mod contains a settings file that can be used to disable any features you don't like.

I can't override default structures/industries without causing compatibility problems with other mods. I would direct that suggestion to the vanilla developers.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 04, 2020, 01:10:57 AM »

You can get the planetary shield mod to give you a way to remove meteorite impacts. 

OP as in how? 

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 04, 2020, 06:27:23 PM »

I suggest removing tectonic activity when terraforming results in a water world. Not much land is left anyway, and the entry for tectonic activity also has its water world column blank (doesn't get picked?) should be a good enough reason. Having an option for it would be better.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 04, 2020, 07:46:10 PM »

I suggest removing tectonic activity when terraforming results in a water world. Not much land is left anyway, and the entry for tectonic activity also has its water world column blank (doesn't get picked?) should be a good enough reason. Having an option for it would be better.

This has been discussed previously and it's my understanding that tectonics on a water world would likely create enormous waves that would contribute to hazard rating. However, there is an option to have the MUD remove tectonics if you want to get rid of it.

In the (soon to be released) terraforming rework, there will be an option to remove tectonics as well.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 04, 2020, 08:10:55 PM »

However, there is an option to have the MUD remove tectonics if you want to get rid of it.

Wouldn't this convert the world type into terran? I wanna keep my lobseters...

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 05, 2020, 07:33:40 AM »

However, there is an option to have the MUD remove tectonics if you want to get rid of it.

Wouldn't this convert the world type into terran? I wanna keep my lobseters...

Yes, but lobsters get "grandfathered in" if you terraform a planet that already has them!

Eshir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 05, 2020, 12:47:50 PM »

I Found a MUD while i'm playing as pirates so i've got a pirate commision and i'm a governor of a colony and i can't use the MUD on it so how can i use the MUD on it then?

The MUD can only be used on player-faction controlled planets. I wasn't aware it was possible to gain control of a planet without it being part of the player faction. I'm working on a major update for this mod right now (hope to have it out within the next week or two), and I will include changes to account for this circumstance. Sorry!

Thank you for your hard work! can't wait to see what other cool things you do!

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 05, 2020, 03:29:25 PM »

Yes, but lobsters get "grandfathered in" if you terraform a planet that already has them!

Glad to hear that, haven't tested it because it takes 12 months to terraform.(You can change that as well but I was lazy)

Kobura

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 05, 2020, 04:29:26 PM »

I completed the lobster quest and don't know what's left to do about it. I have a water planet with aquaculture already (pre-existing)

*edit* Forgive me. Derp.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 04:33:47 PM by Kobura »

Abraxas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 07, 2020, 07:45:14 AM »

I have a desert planet I am shading, and it says: The effort is stalled because there is not enough water-ice.  Build a Drone Control Nexus on an orbital station in this system.  I do not see the option to build it at all.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 07, 2020, 08:13:22 AM »

I have a desert planet I am shading, and it says: The effort is stalled because there is not enough water-ice.  Build a Drone Control Nexus on an orbital station in this system.  I do not see the option to build it at all.

You need one of two:

1. Colonize water rich type of planet in that system (water-covered, frozen, cryovolcanic) if any exist. Build Ismara slingshot. Wait.

2. Have a Player Station Construction mod. Warning! Can be installed without starting new game, but not removed. Construct any station and build a drone control nexus there. Wait.

You should be aware, there are special conditions to build stations, and it is probably better to read initial post and customize setting file of station construction mod before launching. You may not need all the content from there, or you may activate some additional features, like cramped environment.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Abraxas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 07, 2020, 08:25:58 AM »

You need one of two:

1. Colonize water rich type of planet in that system (water-covered, frozen, cryovolcanic) if any exist. Build Ismara slingshot. Wait.

2. Have a Player Station Construction mod. Warning! Can be installed without starting new game, but not removed. Construct any station and build a drone control nexus there. Wait.

You should be aware, there are special conditions to build stations, and it is probably better to read initial post and customize setting file of station construction mod before launching. You may not need all the content from there, or you may activate some additional features, like cramped environment.

Good to know!  And I will take a look at it.  Wish I could upvote your reply.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 08:28:45 AM by Abraxas »

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 07, 2020, 08:37:38 AM »

You better upvote Boggled. Both mods are his children.

Besides, he is planning to merge them into one, so checking PSC features are good idea in any case.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24