Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod  (Read 126215 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v3.0.4)
« Reply #255 on: March 01, 2020, 12:05:13 PM »

I recall I found 4 in the one campaign I used this mod. IMO they should only drop from motherships but be guaranteed. I think having 1 or 2 is fine, but more than that feels pretty overpowered.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 01, 2020, 12:21:42 PM »

If you start a new game and have similar results

That will not happen soon, but I will let you know if so.

Weird thing: I've started a new game to obtain a MUD to terraform  my colonies. But now, when I have a large bunch of them, suddenly realize, I don't need them at all. Terraforming abilities, possible without a MUD, are already good enough to make most of a boulders, flying in space, perhaps not a perfect identical boring terran worlds, but a diverse hospitable places to live.

P.S. Lobsters would be great.
Spoiler
[close]
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 01, 2020, 01:40:57 PM »

I recall I found 4 in the one campaign I used this mod. IMO they should only drop from motherships but be guaranteed. I think having 1 or 2 is fine, but more than that feels pretty overpowered.

They are currently a guaranteed drop from motherships. Realistically it takes quite a bit of time to scour the sector for survey ships to find more, so I think it's fine. Perhaps some people are finding them faster than intended due to mods and/or non-default sector generation. In any case, players can can edit the drop_groups.csv file in this mod to change the availability to whatever they want if they disagree with my default settings.

If you start a new game and have similar results

That will not happen soon, but I will let you know if so.

Weird thing: I've started a new game to obtain a MUD to terraform  my colonies. But now, when I have a large bunch of them, suddenly realize, I don't need them at all. Terraforming abilities, possible without a MUD, are already good enough to make most of a boulders, flying in space, perhaps not a perfect identical boring terran worlds, but a diverse hospitable places to live.

P.S. Lobsters would be great.
Spoiler
[close]

Yeah, if you know your options regarding the non-MUD terraforming paths you can set up some very nice systems without using any MUDs at all.

Lobsters are coming soon!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v4.0.0)
« Reply #258 on: March 01, 2020, 05:46:59 PM »

With the recent release of Industrial Evolution introducing some industries that benefit from otherwise negative conditions, it seems like this would make it a consideration to allow allow stellar shades and mirrors to also add the cold or hot conditions to planets of neutral temperature. Just a consideration.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

DecoyGrenadeOut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 01, 2020, 08:03:23 PM »

Hello, first off, I just want to say your mod rocks, it really changed how I looked at system with not-quite-perfect planets, and in combination with Industrial Evolution this mod has really freshened the colony system for me!

Second, I just wanted to ask, how/where do you build Drone Control Nexus industry? I found this system I like a lot which unfortunately all have arid and desert planets but no cyrovolcanic or water planets, now the OP says you can only build in in a Station Market but I'm not sure what it is, and I'm not aware of any way to build a station (but I have orbital station in each of my planets). It'd be great if you elaborated this for me. Thanks in advance.

Also, is v4.0.0 save compatible from v3.0.4?

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 01, 2020, 09:24:39 PM »

Is it possible to get the quest on randomly generated core worlds? (from Nexerelin)

TFrenchCanadian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2020, 09:28:03 PM »

DecoyGrenadeOut the drone control nexus industry can be build on any of boggled's space stations from is other mods.

-Astropoli
-Mining stations
-Siphon stations
-recolonize space station (abandoned space station,orbital habitat,gate control stations and other if added)
-gate control stations

DecoyGrenadeOut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 01, 2020, 09:43:52 PM »

DecoyGrenadeOut the drone control nexus industry can be build on any of boggled's space stations from is other mods.

-Astropoli
-Mining stations
-Siphon stations
-recolonize space station (abandoned space station,orbital habitat,gate control stations and other if added)
-gate control stations

Oh I see, thank you very much! I'll certainly have to try out the mod.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 02, 2020, 03:59:59 AM »

By Andrata, Lobsters Yess!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 02, 2020, 02:53:57 PM »

With the recent release of Industrial Evolution introducing some industries that benefit from otherwise negative conditions, it seems like this would make it a consideration to allow allow stellar shades and mirrors to also add the cold or hot conditions to planets of neutral temperature. Just a consideration.

I hope to rework the terraforming process in the future in such a way that this will become possible. I don't want to do anything until the next Starsector update (and possibly Stars in Shadow update so I can steal textures) is released. I really like the Industrial Evolution mod and when the time comes I'm going to look into ways this mod can complement it if players have both installed.

Is it possible to get the quest on randomly generated core worlds? (from Nexerelin)

No. The quest is tied in with the lore of the Askonia system (they're called Volturnian lobsters for a reason), so I can't support randomized core worlds. If you want to be able to seed lobsters, you can disable the quest in the settings file. This will enable the lobster seeding ability without you having to complete the quest.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 02, 2020, 03:05:20 PM »

No. The quest is tied in with the lore of the Askonia system (they're called Volturnian lobsters for a reason), so I can't support randomized core worlds. If you want to be able to seed lobsters, you can disable the quest in the settings file. This will enable the lobster seeding ability without you having to complete the quest.

Alright, thanks!

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 02, 2020, 06:53:42 PM »

Any chance you can add options in the files to adjust the prices/upkeep/time-to-work of all the structures? Would be useful for people who want to make terraforming a very, very endgame thing.

edit: just looked in some files, does the industries.csv sheet's 'cost mult' and 'upkeep' columns correspond directly to credit cost/upkeep and will it affect anything else if they're changed?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:11:26 PM by PreConceptor »

redomer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 03, 2020, 01:13:21 AM »

I got a got a problem. I am trying to terraform a bunch of planets in one system but I can't build the sling because all planets are barren and no planet is big enough to support a station. What do?

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 03, 2020, 04:23:26 AM »

Ah... you mean how supercomputers work better on cold planets?  That's a good point!

But I have to wonder, on IE's end, if the benefit from the financial computer being on a cold world outweighs the extra cost of upkeep incurred by the cold planet's higher hazard rating?  Because that is going to affect every structure on the planet, not just the computer itself.  I haven't tested it, but it is something they should perhaps consider.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 03, 2020, 09:35:40 AM »

I got a got a problem. I am trying to terraform a bunch of planets in one system but I can't build the sling because all planets are barren and no planet is big enough to support a station. What do?
You can't terraform barren planets with this mod.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24