Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod  (Read 126144 times)

Sixhair

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v3.0.0)
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2020, 08:13:51 AM »

Maybe I'm just bad at reading directions, but how exactly do we use Ismara's Sling?

Does it work automatically or do I need to push more buttons?  How does it work?  Does it turn desert into arid or arid into terran?  How long does it take to work?  How do I know/chose which planets it targets? 

It seems like a terrific tool by its description - in theory, I could use in in lieu of finding several terraformer modules if I've got one ice planet and a bunch of deserts in the same system.  I just don't know how to actually do it, however.

Alright, thanks! All up and running now

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v3.0.0)
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2020, 02:24:58 PM »

1. Build a sling on a water/ice planet.
2. Build shades on an arid/desert planet in the same system.
3. Wait 2 cycles for the arid/desert planet to become terran. You can mouse over the shades in the arid/desert planet to see how much time there's left.
4. (Optional but recommended) Uninstall the sling once all the arid/desert planets in the system are terraformed. It won't affect the planets.

This is correct. Just to clarify, the sling does nothing by itself. You have to have arid/desert planets in the system with shades to benefit. You'll receive an intel notification when terraforming has begun on the arid/desert planets and another one if it stops for any reason.

KroganElite

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v3.0.1)
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2020, 01:33:11 AM »

So what happens if planet 1 is cryovolcanic and you have Ismara's sling to help terraform planet 2 from desert to terran but then terraform planet 1 into terran as well? Does planet 2 turn back into desert since planet 1 is no longer valid type for Ismara's sling?

Malleator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2020, 06:05:49 AM »

Hello, looking to get easy access to the Miller-Urey device.
It's not showing up in any lists from the console commands mod, any ideas?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2020, 02:28:57 PM »

So what happens if planet 1 is cryovolcanic and you have Ismara's sling to help terraform planet 2 from desert to terran but then terraform planet 1 into terran as well? Does planet 2 turn back into desert since planet 1 is no longer valid type for Ismara's sling?

In this case the Ismara's Sling should be grandfathered in on the terran planet and still function normally. I've never tested this scenario though so perhaps it could be bugged if you experienced different behavior.

Once an arid/desert planet is terraformed to terran, it will not deterraform due to losing access to water from Ismara's Sling or a Drone Control Nexus. It will only deterraform if you remove the stellar shades.

It's listed as euteck for console command purposes. This is because it was previously named something else, but if I changed the item ID it would break backwards compatibility.

DeansOnToast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2020, 05:35:35 PM »

Question, how do you add atmosphere to the planet? is it the atmosphere adjuster or does that strictly work for toxic planets?

arknok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2020, 10:17:44 PM »

hello
   So love your work. I was going to do something similar, but having trouble figuring out how the code works. a couple of things:

The initiate recall button when pressed in hyper space causes a crash to desktop(station mod)

The terrorforming mod does not support fringe defense Syndicate world types

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12243.0

Can you support this mod? I would like to use it in conjugation with your mod.

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2020, 11:12:37 PM »

Any chance we can get support for SCY's SCY_Acid planets? Miller-Urey device does not function with them

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2020, 03:08:17 PM »

Question, how do you add atmosphere to the planet? is it the atmosphere adjuster or does that strictly work for toxic planets?

Depends on the type of planet. Some planets get an atmosphere as part of terraforming, others are non-terraformable. The atmosphere adjuster only deals with detoxifying atmospheres, not creating them.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2020, 03:47:29 PM »

Idea: Let the red planet shield act as a radiation shield, removing irradiated.  This can be a stand-alone transformation.

DeansOnToast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2020, 04:15:26 PM »

Depends on the type of planet. Some planets get an atmosphere as part of terraforming, others are non-terraformable. The atmosphere adjuster only deals with detoxifying atmospheres, not creating them.

thanks

Idea: Let the red planet shield act as a radiation shield, removing irradiated.  This can be a stand-alone transformation.

Also i love this idea still holds to the "realism"

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v3.0.2)
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2020, 04:26:28 PM »

hello
   So love your work. I was going to do something similar, but having trouble figuring out how the code works. a couple of things:

The initiate recall button when pressed in hyper space causes a crash to desktop(station mod)

The terrorforming mod does not support fringe defense Syndicate world types

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12243.0

Can you support this mod? I would like to use it in conjugation with your mod.

Support for FDS has been added in my latest patch.

I took a look and my "Initiate Recall" ability from my gate construction mod should be disabled in hyperspace. Can you clarify which ability causes the crash, or post a screenshot so I can see the circumstances? Thank you!

Any chance we can get support for SCY's SCY_Acid planets? Miller-Urey device does not function with them

Support for SCY added. Please let me know if any of the planet classifications seem incorrect or if they are still undetected. Thank you!

Overriding the planetary shield to provide radiation protection will introduce incompatibilities with other mods that make changes to it, so I want to avoid doing this. I will look into adding a separate structure using the planetary shield art assets to provide radiation protection. It might not be feasible, so no promises yet!

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2020, 05:27:34 PM »

additem eutek

arknok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2020, 06:02:51 PM »

if I knew how to upload images i could show you.  :(

If your on/in hyperspace the button is grayed out. However if your mouse cursor crosses the button it crashes to desktop.

btw i really like your mods. and thanks for adding support for fds!

Malleator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2020, 04:21:12 PM »

I have the Miller-Urey Device in my inventory, but I don't have any specials or anything to use it, and I've tried scrolled through them, but I've found nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24