Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: End Game  (Read 7314 times)

R.U.A

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: End Game
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2019, 07:52:53 AM »

Well, for vanilla we have remnants and mods like SAD add their own "remnants" for you to kill, which requires larger fleet. Give it a try.
However, personally I don't think that's a solution. After setting up several colonies players can easily produce capitals. I'm waiting for the next version that should have more stories or RPG content, or I would think about a mod adding more sandbox elements to Starsector.
Access to RDS failed.

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2019, 07:59:00 AM »

Humm, I found this game when it was 0.72, which time I had never found the Food Shortage, I piloting my lasher to face many different kinds of enemy. And then, I gradually found the game is easier than I was thought.

Recently, I found that I am tired of colony system and exploring. And then, I just looking back, to find my old glory. I do a lot to disarmament, and use infinite riches brought by colonies to built some special fleets, that may looks like role-playing. If you have interesting in it ,DO IT TRY! Find an easy-use destroyer as flagship to be a small pirate, or other madness dreams. 8)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:04:00 AM by FAX »

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2019, 08:08:43 AM »

Honestly, I think that current end game challenges (350+ K bounties, Ordoses, Expeditions) are perfectly balanced at default battle size. Kinda thinking that Starship Legends mod should be integrated into vanilla since announced story point upgrade system kinda bland compared to rich flavoured mod's. Also effect of the most guns need to be reworked into more "hail-of-bullets" mood. Right now, Storm Needler feels pathetic, HAG's fire barely noticable and so on. Trailer Moments mod is the another must have but it doesnt fix all the guns and doesnt affect sounds.

So the morale is: "dont treat SS as some 4X game". Its all about messy space battles, shady business and surfing. With latter is yet to be implemented.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2019, 08:33:14 AM »

There is kind of an endgame - pirates!  If player does not stop pirate raids, core worlds eventually decivilize.  Once core is gone, all they have left to target are your colonies, and your income (from population alone) with only a few worlds stink!  I suppose if player wants to wipe out core (or let pirate do all of the dirty work) and still have high income, he would need to farm Ordos for alpha cores to govern every world in the sector.  (That is a hardcore endgame goal to work for - colonize every last world.)
Pages: 1 [2]