Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Better Neutrino Detector Mod  (Read 4420 times)

NoFoodAfterMidnight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Better Neutrino Detector Mod
« on: October 10, 2019, 09:49:36 PM »

A really simple mod that removes the false-positives from the neutrino detector ability, while increasing its volatiles usage significantly and giving it a start-up cost.

It's strong, but isn't very cash-friendly in the early game so there's still plenty of time when you won't be using it, but it saves a lot of time for mass-searching in the late game.

Download

ArnaudB

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Better Neutrino Detector Mod
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 07:25:57 AM »

Thank you, I have been wanting that for a while.  :)

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
  • Are you hiding the blueprints under your farms?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 07:43:01 PM »

Neat mod. An interesting addition would be some form of progression by keeping the original neutrino detector ability as it is, and unlocking the improved variant in some way.
The only way I can think of at the moment is through skills (more specifically level 3 of the sensors skill). But there is little challenge in this, as the player will most likely get to level 3 of any skill in a short time. Making an external script that uses different requirements will be more of a hassle too.

TainInfernus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 01:32:03 PM »

Hey, I really like this idea for a mod, and no one else has taken a crack at it.
However, it doesn't seem to be working.  I haven't been playing for long, so perhaps I'm missing something, but my other mods are still working.
Is there some trick to this?

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 05:32:43 PM »

Perfect! Thanks!
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Vensalir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 12:01:05 PM »

I really like this mod and it's been firmly on my mod list since its release. It makes exploring large systems so less frustrating.

I don't know if the mod author is interested in updating it, but I apparently managed to get it working on 0.95 simply by editing the mod_info.json file. So far, the game seems to run fine even with this very crude approach and the skill works as it does in 0.91a.

PeepingPeacock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 09:18:37 AM »

Last online a year ago so unlikely this is ever updated, but if you do could you make the volatiles values editable?