Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Asking help for ApproLight translation  (Read 2952 times)

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
Asking help for ApproLight translation
« on: October 10, 2019, 06:50:21 AM »

I found that players here may have outdated opinions on ApproLight, it's a super OP mod in the past, but after my long time update, it has been tweaked well.
Because of the freaking large description, I think I need some help here for a translation.
To be serious, ApproLight updated very frequently. It has 1500+ lines of changelog from the beginning.
So it may be hard work to keep on update.
My mods

Avatier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Asking help for ApproLight translation
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 06:43:42 PM »

Hey Originem,

I don't know if you got my PM but I was the /v/ anon who translated the mod on 4chan. The translation is still spotty in places since I was able to get a hold of the machine translation from TenaciousTinkerer as a base as well as consulting the older versions and the Starsector Mods Wiki to get some of the translations to fill in the gaps. The latest version I was able to translate was 0.7.2RC1. Any newer versions are not there since I don't have a Baidu account to grab the newer versions to translate.

Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!7qByRa6L!VASJDgFVVo4bO6PSllZL7t3lmN_sjNOi1IfTeXL3B8Y

It also contains the translated Approlight Plus mod which includes the Order of the Knights Templar. Though I think it's suppose to be translated as Knights Arbiter. There's some conflicting information between the new and older mod versions. Alot of the fluff/descriptions of the ships will be off since Google and Bing can only do so much until the translation breaks down entirely since alot of the fluff is story-based which I only have a vague understanding of. The translation is perfectly playable but it's just strange in places.

I also happen to have a newer copy of the Foundation of Borken from the now archived 4chan thread which includes the new research missions and other tweaks.

If you want I can try to translate the newer version of the mod if you can provide me a copy.

Thanks for your time,
Avatier

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 07:35:50 PM »

Oh sorry I forgot to reply to your PM cause I am a bit busy these days.
New ApproLight version is 0.7.5 RC1 and I am going to release a fix today.
I would put it in dropbox if I finish it.

My mods

Avatier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 08:11:09 PM »

Alright, take your time. I should probably be able to get a translation up in a few days when the new version drops. The last time 0.7.0RC1 took several weeks to get a working translation. When updating the translation from 0.7.0RC1 to 0.7.1RC1 it only took a few days. Thank goodness for the Microsoft Excel comparison tool to see exactly which cells have changed in the csv.

Unless you added new ships or mechanics between the 4 versions. That'll take more time.

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 08:16:40 PM »

Unless you added new ships or mechanics between the 4 versions. That'll take more time.
...Oh that would....
between 0.7.1 and 0.7.5, there are about 120+ lines changelog.
My mods

Avatier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 10:11:52 PM »

Hmm, I'll need to check what exactly has changed when you're done. Any changes to Approlight Plus or is it all just on the main mod?

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 06:30:12 AM »

Hey Originem,

I don't know if you got my PM but I was the /v/ anon who translated the mod on 4chan. The translation is still spotty in places since I was able to get a hold of the machine translation from TenaciousTinkerer as a base as well as consulting the older versions and the Starsector Mods Wiki to get some of the translations to fill in the gaps. The latest version I was able to translate was 0.7.2RC1. Any newer versions are not there since I don't have a Baidu account to grab the newer versions to translate.

Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!7qByRa6L!VASJDgFVVo4bO6PSllZL7t3lmN_sjNOi1IfTeXL3B8Y

It also contains the translated Approlight Plus mod which includes the Order of the Knights Templar. Though I think it's suppose to be translated as Knights Arbiter. There's some conflicting information between the new and older mod versions. Alot of the fluff/descriptions of the ships will be off since Google and Bing can only do so much until the translation breaks down entirely since alot of the fluff is story-based which I only have a vague understanding of. The translation is perfectly playable but it's just strange in places.

I also happen to have a newer copy of the Foundation of Borken from the now archived 4chan thread which includes the new research missions and other tweaks.

If you want I can try to translate the newer version of the mod if you can provide me a copy.

Thanks for your time,
Avatier

Isn't this version 0.9.1a ??? You have the version 0.9.1a as you did the post above ????

Avatier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 08:39:43 AM »

Isn't this version 0.9.1a ??? You have the version 0.9.1a as you did the post above ????

Approlight 0.7.1RC1 is for 0.9.1a, the one in the original Approlight thread here was for an older version of Starsector. Some kind folks were able to drop a link to 0.7.0RC1 which was the updated mod for Starsector 0.9.1a and I was able to find a copy of 0.7.1RC1 on 4chan to update the translation to the newer version of the mod.

Currently the translation is 4 major patch versions behind since the mod is now on 0.7.5RC1 and according to Originem there will be another release coming soon. You can try out the translation I've currently posted if you can't wait for an updated version.

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 11:50:23 AM »

Hmm, I'll need to check what exactly has changed when you're done. Any changes to Approlight Plus or is it all just on the main mod?
I uploaded the new versions. And It's in ApproLight's topic now.
My mods

Avatier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 12:01:41 PM »

I uploaded the new versions. And It's in ApproLight's topic now.

I'll go have a better look when I'm off from work.

A quick look indicates it's alot of number tweaks, bug fixes and the new planetary facility (Spotlight Shield?). I've already dealt with the Spectre Pioneer Marketplace in the current translation. I'll stick up the new translation in the proper Approlight topic when it's done.

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 08:34:42 PM »

A quick look indicates it's alot of number tweaks, bug fixes and the new planetary facility (Spotlight Shield?). I've already dealt with the Spectre Pioneer Marketplace in the current translation. I'll stick up the new translation in the proper Approlight topic when it's done.
If it will be very awful to keep pace on update? Because maybe I will update just in few days. :-X
My mods

Avatier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 08:43:56 PM »

It should be fine. I'm almost done the current translation port (Currently 75% through the descriptions.csv). It'll be functional but without the missions translated. If I have a good base to use it'll be easier to update.

Edit: Oh god, I forgot that I haven't translated a majority of the string.json file. The Unos section will take me a bit.

Edit 2: It's now complete. I need to test if it boots and see if anything is broken. I'll move onto Appro-Light Plus once that's done.

Edit 3: It's been posted on the main Appro-Light topic.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 10:12:27 PM by Avatier »