Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.95a] Pirate Collection  (Read 99347 times)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Pirate Collection
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2021, 03:25:22 PM »

Yay, I actually had this mod on my "wishlist" that still had to be updated! Looking forward to stapling this into my ongoing campaign and have an even more varied pirate roster! Looking forward to the hidden pirate capital!
Question time!
1)Would that Monitor Mk.2 be the first frigate to get a modular hangar bay or does it have mining drones like  sheperd?
2)How do you feel about the back section of the Citadel Class?
I am aware of the intended "pirate feel" revolving about the concept of stapling an engine block to a litteral piece of a battlestation, but I've got this recurring sensation that it would look a lot better if it had a pair of smaller, bolted on thrusters (even better if it's actual thruster sections of other ships) on the sides instead of the one big sticc protruding from the middle. Bonus points if you slap a fighter bay inbetween the two hypothetical engine blocks :)
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2021, 03:42:54 PM »

Okay, so I went ahead and did some aggressively heretical kitbashing on my own. I don't expect to be forgiven for this as it's quite bad.

I took the Citadel, hacked off its dangly thing at the bottom (giggle), then took the Chimera, cut its head off and proceeded to slap two chimera engine blocks to the back (plus the ship bridge, I should've cut it more) of the now disabled Citadel, with a red abomination trying to emphasize the theoretical spot in which two fighter bays would be kitbashed in.

Thoughts? Aside from getting the manured-up tip pitchforks ready?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 04:03:04 PM by Arcagnello »

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2021, 03:28:24 AM »

Briefly getting back to this lovely mod thread to say I really like how the CItadel works. Beinf fired upon by storm needlers and heavy mortars at extreme range sure makes the ship a hasse to deal with and most definetly adds it to one of the prime ships to use in a hypothetical pirate playtrough :)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2021, 11:24:58 AM »

Yay, I actually had this mod on my "wishlist" that still had to be updated! Looking forward to stapling this into my ongoing campaign and have an even more varied pirate roster! Looking forward to the hidden pirate capital!
:D
1)Would that Monitor Mk.2 be the first frigate to get a modular hangar bay or does it have mining drones like  sheperd?
First and only, when compared with vanilla! Fully modular.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2021, 08:30:25 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbi9fQudXu0

Briefly coming back since I've found my first Citadel and I've noticed it's installing Heavy Mortars into Large Weapon mounts:
Spoiler
[close]
I think the ship could handle 2 Storm Needlers and 2 Hellbores with everything else being cheap PD, but I do find a pirate ship being able to lob heavy mortar shells at over 2.000 units to be absolutely hilarious anyway  :)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2021, 11:02:06 AM »

I eagerly await the day you encounter the big capital ship.

It'll also be the first non-self feedback I've gotten in a while :P

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2021, 11:20:25 AM »

I eagerly await the day you encounter the big capital ship.

It'll also be the first non-self feedback I've gotten in a while :P

It's bound to happen eventually. I plan on doing the Kanta mission and immediately satbomb Kanta's den while surrounded by Pirate fleets chasing my rich booty around. It's bound to be there somewhere :P

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2021, 01:57:01 PM »

wow thanks  :) ;D

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Pirate Collection
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2021, 02:54:43 AM »

There is an issue with Citadel class hullmod balance. Targeting Supercomputer which extends range of regular weapons up to 250% isn't really intended for player usage. I know that it is in fact a piece of station with engines, but main issue is that you could strap Integrated Targeting Unit on it and gain the whole 350% range + approximately 160% of PD range which is hilariously OP. Needs fixing, for example, you might want to consider to add something like "Salvaged Targeting Supercomputer" hullmod which extends weapon range for, let's say, 150-200%, but conflicts with DTC or ITU or something like that.
I'm not sure if the AI changed to be more cautious, or my loadouts just got better, but I am now finding this to be an issue.

Heads up to those using a Citadel with DTC or ITU, next update I'll probably be swapping the Targeting Supercomputer for both a DTC and ITU (reducing the range increase from 250%+ to "just" 110%). I mention this now in case you have/want to S-Mod either of the two.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2021, 04:09:37 AM »

I would personally suggest keeping the targeting supercomputer and nerfing the size of weapon mounts instead. The ship is definetly in line with pirate standards and wonkyness with a plethora of medium ballistic mounts firing at very long ranges.

Making ITU unable to be installed is a good idea tough!

Addendum: I'm still searching for the super secret pirate boss ship by the way, altough considering the nature of the Citadel I might just have an idea of what it is  ;)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2021, 09:42:36 AM »

Small update that introduces the Atlas MkIII, turning what once shipped goods and wares into a shipper of death.
Requires YunruCore, which can be found in the mod megathread.

xzardas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2021, 10:20:53 AM »

It was the only logical conclusion.

I was laughing maniacaly while oneshoting frigates with quad gaus salvos

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 10:22:32 AM by xzardas »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2021, 12:21:30 PM »

These look great!  Looking forward to checking them out.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2021, 05:30:16 AM »

New update out, this should actually implement the Atlas Mk. III carrier, and an unique Commissioned Crew bonus for those who don't like (just) smuggling! Be sure to update YunruCore too!

Pratapon51

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2021, 08:29:17 PM »

I bought a Citadel on the cheap and it was fun, but the +250% range definitely can be a bit oppressive in player hands. Quad Hellbores alone will batter their way through any puny shield emitters.  Longer ranged weapons extend past the default max zoom on my 1080p screen, heh. ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4