Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Anvil Industries V1.3.6: Its dead jim...  (Read 149483 times)

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Anvil Industries V1.3.6: Its dead jim...
« on: October 07, 2019, 03:13:16 PM »

disclaimer: this mod is dead, i have no interest in continuing it. but that does not mean all ships will be lost forever, im working on a new mod Keruvim Shipyards which as the name suggests is a ship building company, it will have a midline military fleet but will sell various civ ships to the independents aswell as other factions. many ships will be deleted and few ships are staying, anvil as a faction is no more and blackjacks fate is unknown atm. many new ships and maybe a new weapon or 2 will be added. this new mod will be incompatible with Anvil Industries and as such this mod is no longer available

all and all things are gonna change and ive made up my mind on it, this wont come to pass for some time as ive been busy with work and working on my other mod The Exalted, which is where i will leave off on, check them out sometime! just updated them not to long ago with some new sprites and a new color scheme, have another update already in the works to fix some loose ends!
shameless self plug to the exalted can be found here! https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19036.0

DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE ANVIL INDUSTRIES ON THIS OR ANY OTHER SITE, ITS DEAD AND I WANT IT TO STAY DEAD

the download?: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19036.0/Anvil%20Industries1.3.6.zip?dl=1 nah sorry

special thanks
Spoiler
to vayra for her help on the new outlaw sprite and modding tutorial! wouldn't be here without it!
J0hn Shm0 for their help with modules.
king alfonzo for help with nex support
knightoftigers for incredible help setting up star systems!
tartiflette for their kitbash database
black lynx for looking over and improving many descriptions
captain trek for major balance help
avanitia for some major description changes
thanks to my brother for his miserable ship ideas on the spirit and cudgel
and to SierraTangoDelta for proof reading and editing the earlier descriptions. (none of the newer ones)
Blackjack theme: business by Faizyr https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/487401
anvil theme: the old record by faizyr https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/488465

[close]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 02:33:18 PM by connortron7 »

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Anvil Industries ship pack(for now) (V:0.1)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 06:46:15 PM »

new update out!
V:0.2:
changed name of several ships.
gave starcarrier(now named quiver) a facelift and made changes to stats
added the halberd heavy cruiser

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Anvil Industries (V:0.2)
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 03:12:33 PM »

Oooo! New faction? This looks like it has quite a bit of potential. I like the drone capital ship.
Hello!

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 03:13:43 PM »

Oooo! New faction? This looks like it has quite a bit of potential. I like the drone capital ship.

Thanks! Not a faction yet as stated but hopefully will be soon, wanna flesh the fleet out a lil first, and no idea where to start

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 07:50:46 PM »

The ships looks good but some of them has some glaring areas where you can see what part of the ship was cut-off and another pasted over it. Especially the Voyager where you can still see a blurred left part and the engine part where you pasted the inverted Mora over a Tarsus/Condor. There is also the Convoy which is just....ugly. Same issue with the Voyager, since I can see that you added alot of different ships to build that thing. There's alot of blurred lines here and there.

The Ember and the Sheep Dog looks great since you used ship with identical colors. Making them look well together. The Bastion's sprite looks well done and clean even with different ships of different tech mashed up together since they are using proper colors and are cut cleanly.

I suggest you could make them a bit smoother or them give them a uniformed color. If you want to keep the coloring scheme of these ships, then there should be some sprites floating around in the sprite judgement thread where they have different colored ships cobbled up together and still look good. Try using those as reference.

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 08:05:51 PM »

The ships looks good but some of them has some glaring areas where you can see what part of the ship was cut-off and another pasted over it. Especially the Voyager where you can still see a blurred left part and the engine part where you pasted the inverted Mora over a Tarsus/Condor. There is also the Convoy which is just....ugly. Same issue with the Voyager, since I can see that you added alot of different ships to build that thing. There's alot of blurred lines here and there.

The Ember and the Sheep Dog looks great since you used ship with identical colors. Making them look well together. The Bastion's sprite looks well done and clean even with different ships of different tech mashed up together since they are using proper colors and are cut cleanly.

I suggest you could make them a bit smoother or them give them a uniformed color. If you want to keep the coloring scheme of these ships, then there should be some sprites floating around in the sprite judgement thread where they have different colored ships cobbled up together and still look good. Try using those as reference.
Yeah the voyager was one of the first sprites i ever made so it definitely needs a redo, the convoys supposed to look ugly as sin, the hammer also was an early one and needs some touch ups. the sheep dog and ember are of better quality because they are my newest ships with the halberd. Once i get around to it all the older ships will get a makeover. 
Thanks for the advice

lagmagnet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 08:21:06 PM »

The AP ships and the bastion look SLICK. While I see what DK is talking about I am not sure I agree that the convoy and others  need to be recolored, I think it gives them a good junkyard salvage aesthetic. Since you like lore and background, if these are gonna (eventually :) ) be one faction I might suggest adding designations to explain the difference between your Corrupted Blueprint Refits from hulls cobbled together, and the slick professional looking ships. (Like naming them CBR-Convoy, CBR-Tauras, but keeping the plain Bastion name)

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 09:53:13 PM »

The AP ships and the bastion look SLICK. While I see what DK is talking about I am not sure I agree that the convoy and others  need to be recolored, I think it gives them a good junkyard salvage aesthetic. Since you like lore and background, if these are gonna (eventually :) ) be one faction I might suggest adding designations to explain the difference between your Corrupted Blueprint Refits from hulls cobbled together, and the slick professional looking ships. (Like naming them CBR-Convoy, CBR-Tauras, but keeping the plain Bastion name)
Sounds like a good idea ill definitely look into it, (tho the convoy and taurus arent the corrupted blueprints ones they are made using mass produced derelict hulls then reconstructed using the mothership) but definitely something like DR(derelict reconstruction) for those , but will definitely think on it when its time for some general refinement!

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 02:05:01 PM »

After doing alota of research it seems that making a custom sector is beyond my capabilities, so most likely this is just going to be a ship pack for now
Dont expect a faction outa this for awhile  :'(

On a lighter note new update with 4 new ships and balancing coming soon

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Anvil Industries (V:0.3)
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2019, 09:14:45 PM »

update!

changes
Spoiler
V:0.3
enforcer AP:
removed small ballistic
decreased op by 5
changed system from plasmajets to microburn

mule AP:
changed medium composite to ballistic
decreased op by 10
changed system from plasmajets to microburn

halberd:
added insulated engine assembly
increased shield arc by 50

added the morning star heavy destroyer
added the chariot light carrier
added the shank droneship
added the legion AP

descriptions amazingly updated by SierraTangoDelta
[close]
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 09:19:18 PM by connortron7 »

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 07:59:52 AM »

The chariot looks nice, wish the IBO mod was still alive so I can put MS on that badboy.

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 02:45:46 PM »

hotfix! now it actually shows new descriptions!  :P

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 07:32:56 AM »

Wow these new descriptions sure are great, I wonder who did them.

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Anvil Industries ship pack (V:0.3)
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2019, 01:39:10 PM »

New update with a ton of fixes and a few new ships in the coming days  apparently i miss labeled a few ships as 1 class smaller an a few missing numbers in the stats resulting in very weak performance in them

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Anvil Industries ship pack (V:0.4)
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2019, 03:19:06 PM »

version 0.4 out! Will break saves

changes
Spoiler
V:0.4

added ship kingdom class heavy carrier(dont worry about the front hangers! its fiiiiiiine)
added ship sparrow (P) class missile frigate
added ship hawkeye class utility drone

ember:
changed skin color
increased acceleration from 55 to 65

chariot:
changed skin color

convoy:
changed from destoyer to cruiser (as originally intended)
max cargo decreased from 1000 to 900

voyager:
updated sprite
fixed front right small ballistic placement

sheep dog:
decreased max armor from 600 to 500

hammer:
fixed flux dissipation (was 70 now 450)
increased max armor from 1300 to 1500

bastion:
fixed a seam above the bridge in the sprite
decreased max flux from 30000 to 25000