Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.13.1) - Taverns in Caverns (+Hotfix)  (Read 244201 times)

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.12) - Almost All Aesthetic
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2021, 06:26:48 AM »

I knew at least one wouldn't like it! As with all things.

You can replace the new image and ship files with the old, from the previous build. Just swap out these 2 files:
Kingdom of Terra/graphics/ships/modules/KT_monster_righthand.png
Kingdom of Terra/data/hulls/KT_monster_righthand.ship

This should work with the Urchin as well (swapping out files for all 3 body parts, and ignore KT_urchin_dummy). The Basilisk has a new decorative weapon on it, so the process is a little more involved if you have a save file with the new update, but let me know and I'll walk you through it.

rockguy434

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2021, 12:42:16 PM »

Is there any guide or videos on how to use this ships effectively?

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2021, 02:58:55 PM »

I don't think so, I've never seen one. Are you having trouble with any ship in particular? Are you using an all-KoT fleet?

The main things I would say for most of the melee ships is to use close-range bursty weapons, build for quick kills (more torpedoes and harpoons, fewer pilums/salamanders) and to expect some losses, especially under AI control - so Bulkheads might be to your liking. If you're having problems with friendly fire/bonking, you can try to stagger deployment so they are more spread out.

simostry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.12)
« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2021, 02:52:31 PM »

v0.12 released! A phase ship, plus this thing:
https://youtu.be/RmLNZ6bSrlQ
(video lag/choppiness is from my junkbox trying to run recording software, the mod does not normally lag.)
As someone who has played this and other mods a sizable amount, while fun, the rhino is insanely strong. I can regularly roll through massive fleets, multiple capital ships, or even the strongest space stations with just one as long as im piloting it. I think its deployment and or monthly supply cost should be massively increased or have the damage reduction from drilling into ships be heavily reduced.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2021, 07:00:59 PM »

Rhino is a strong boy. But then only the player can do truly insane things with it, just like he can phase ships, SO ships, and others.

Hmmmm... maybe I could reduce its PPT, if it's abuseable, since that won't affect most AI controlled Rhinos. Personally, I've found piloting the Rhino to be a high-risk proposition, there were always enough missiles and EMP flying around to stop it from lasting too many fights. (But I'm not an expert pilot.) It was also significantly nerfed already not too long ago. I'll keep an eye out to see if anyone else thinks it's too good as a player ship.

P.S. 0.95 update soon!

Cy420

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2021, 09:11:05 PM »

man this is one of the few shipmods I actually like, cool stuff, feels more lorefriendly than it should be :D

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2021, 07:39:08 AM »

Compatibility update!

And a few new things. Namely these upstanding barflies

and these cottage industries

One of which produces these

Full changelog here:
Spoiler
v0.13
- werks wiff 0.95
- Neoterra changes:
 -- Farming replaced with Hunting & Gathering industry, supplying food and exotic beasts
 -- New commodity, exotic beasts, found exclusively on Neoterra
 -- Subterranean Foundries increases planet's fleet size by 1.5x
 -- Anomalous Interior adds large bonus to ground defense; partially offset by downgrade of Heavy Batteries to Heavy Boulders (total change x3 -> x5)
- Caveman mass-immigration. Planets captured or colonized by KoT will gain Decivilized Subpopulation after (10 * planet size) days. This can be reversed if another faction recaptures the planet before this time. (Planet capture/transfer requires Nexerelin or similar.)
- New dockside bar art & description for KoT planets. Meet contacts in style
- Mammoth: Wool patches have been tweaked graphically to clash less with damage and engine flames
[close]

Download HERE

man this is one of the few shipmods I actually like, cool stuff, feels more lorefriendly than it should be :D
LOL. It's certainly a square rock hammered into a round hole, but lovingly so.
Thank you!

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.13.1) - Taverns in Caverns (+Hotfix)
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2021, 01:08:56 PM »

Quick hotfix.

v0.13.1
- Tentative fix to crash involving Queen's bee bombs.

Get here

Milouztovitch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2021, 03:17:49 PM »

Thank you very much for your work. This is one of the best mod faction I ever played. The ships and weapons are very unbalanced.... and fun! Which is perfect.

The ships are very fun to play: the monster are the basilisk are fun and reliable. The snake ship is very tricky to play but rewarding. And the Pulverizer is just the best and the most satisfying to play (you ram yourself into any big ship you see ;D).

And the weaponsare very fun too.... especially the Telekinesis Ray which is TOTALLY BROKEN and so satisfying to play with. (the beeshooter is pretty broken too)

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING! Even if it's very unbalanced, it's what's makes this mod so great!

I had so much fun with my fleet with one Paragon equiped with two Telekinesis Rays (to control the battlefield) and FOUR Pulverizers (to create mayhem)... it was so much fun.

Anyway, now I can't imagine one play of starsector without the Kingdom of Terra. Thank you again and keep up the good work! :)

(Sorry if I made mistakes, english isn't my first language)

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2021, 09:46:57 PM »

Thanks for saying so! You even registered on the forum to do it. (Welcome)

I have no plans to nerf that stuff. Vanilla itself is not balanced after all! The stuff you want to use as a player is always overpowered - the rest is there for pirates to use and you to blow up.
So what fun is a mod if it's less exciting to use than vanilla? Er, no need to answer that. I think you and I have a similar philosophy on the subject.

Very much appreciate the feedback!

CyberSultanVader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2021, 03:57:22 PM »

Hey man just dropped by to say what an AWESOME mod you have! Thanks for all the updates!

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2021, 06:08:20 AM »

I imagine this re-skinned with a mech look. The swinging limbs on the rascal, monster, urchin, basalisk and maybe even rex could be a mech swinging a melee weapon of some sort. Or in the case of the rascal and monster, a sword and shield even. Out of all the mech mods currently out none of them have anything like this. There is huge potential there.

That said, I still love this mod. The ideas and implementation are fresh and creative. The weapons are also fun and over the top.

P.S.: Will you ever add officers to a new level of power?

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2021, 05:25:35 PM »

Hey man just dropped by to say what an AWESOME mod you have! Thanks for all the updates!
Thanks dude!

I imagine this re-skinned with a mech look. The swinging limbs on the rascal, monster, urchin, basalisk and maybe even rex could be a mech swinging a melee weapon of some sort. Or in the case of the rascal and monster, a sword and shield even. Out of all the mech mods currently out none of them have anything like this. There is huge potential there.
I like these ideas, but the bottleneck is always sprites. If the sprites fell out of the sky I could make a whole reskinned faction with similar mechanics and different flavour. But, alas.
That said, I still love this mod. The ideas and implementation are fresh and creative. The weapons are also fun and over the top.
Thanks dude!
P.S.: Will you ever add officers to a new level of power?
I don't understand the question.

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2021, 05:26:02 PM »

lol, I had you confused with Panteradactyl who does the new level of power mods. Wish I could lend a hand with sprites, however, I have zero talent whatsoever lol -.-

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2021, 05:45:48 PM »

I like these ideas, but the bottleneck is always sprites. If the sprites fell out of the sky I could make a whole reskinned faction with similar mechanics and different flavour. But, alas.
I would be interested in trading some art for some technical help with cool swinging spaceship limbs.

HMU in private messages and we can do some problem solving:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16