Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.13.1) - Taverns in Caverns (+Hotfix)  (Read 244135 times)

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.8) - Dino Babies
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2020, 02:39:55 PM »

Your mod looks utterly fantastic! I can't imagine how much work must go into making something like this. Congratulations as well on your background flavor text, both well imagined and well written. Thank you ever so much for creating it for us.
I super appreciate you saying so! Knowing it's enjoyed is what makes it worthwhile. And, you're welcome :)

I've a few newbie questions. (I just discovered the game a week ago. How it took so long baffles me.) I presume this faction won't appear unless I start a new game, right? Is it's placement in the universe random or pre-mapped? Can a starting player get commissioned by this faction so as to gain access to it's hulls and gear? Finally, is their planet at least in theory conquerable and if so, do we inherit it's prodigious production capacity?
- The way it works is (I think) as follows. The faction is tied to a planet and a system, which are only created during a new game. So if you add it to the existing game, it won't break the game, but the faction won't exist, so there will be nowhere to buy (most of) the ships. You WILL still be able to find blueprints, and most weapons (plus a couple ships) are available to pirates and other factions. So you will get a partial slice of the content in your current playthrough. Although I might be wrong on some of this info.
- The home system and planets of the faction are in a fixed location, unless you use Nexerelin and start with randomized core worlds.
- If you're playing in Nexerelin (as most people who play with modding factions do) you have the option to start with a Kingdom commission. If not, you'll have to get commissioned the old fashioned way.
- Yes, and yes (again assuming you're playing in Nex).

Whew, I just finished the Ouroboros bounty and that was insane, I managed to wipe out a couple of sneks and destroyers with a Titan missile from the Imperium mod but when I tried to fire a second a Rhino decided to charge it while it was right in the middle of my fleet, thank god it destroyed it before it blew up. Then the Ouroboros came and the whole battle turned into a wrestling match between it and my Kadur capital ships.
Sweet, glad to hear the boys can make a worthy war story! (And that the Ouro bounty executes as planned ;) ) Congrats.

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2020, 03:11:59 PM »

The faction is tied to a planet and a system, which are only created during a new game. So if you add it to the existing game, it won't break the game, but the faction won't exist, so there will be nowhere to buy (most of) the ships. You WILL still be able to find blueprints, and most weapons (plus a couple ships) are available to pirates and other factions. So you will get a partial slice of the content in your current playthrough. Although I might be wrong on some of this info.

Additionally, if you have Nexerelin, you should be able to take over a planet and gift it to the faction. Make sure it has a heavy industry before you do, and they will make better quality ships. This gives the faction a leg up in the sector, and effectively adds them fully to your in-progress game.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2020, 04:35:04 PM »

^ Cool, I didn't even know you can do that. Thanks for sharing it :)

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.9) - Ramming Speed
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2020, 01:31:47 PM »

Update time.

I heard a bunch of talk about ramming ships, including one personal request. Who am I to deny the universe?

Meet the Pulverizer:

Also, a series of production line mishaps involving many deaths has prompted the Kingdom to scale back some of its more explosive weaponry, resulting in some weapon nerfs (to the relief of the sector).
Full nerf list
- Nerfs
-- Blunderbuss: Damage lowered (3200 -> 2400)
-- Flushpipe: Damage lowered (1500en/5000emp -> 500en/2000emp)
-- Flushpipe rack: OP cost raised (4 -> 5)
-- Triceratorp: Damage of submunitions lowered (1500 -> 1000)
-- Rockchucker: fixed bug that made AI less leery of it, no stat changes
- Buffs
-- Slingshot bomber: OP cost lowered (4 -> 0)
[close]

Special thanks to Hasp (a random lad on discord) and his unnamed friend (actually named Inabikari) for their balance feedback. Criticism is always appreciated! The more constructive the better!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 08:52:20 PM by Sinosauropteryx »

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2020, 12:35:58 PM »

That Pulverizer is sexy.

Rammificatingly sexy.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2020, 07:22:49 AM »

There is something about features that are overpowered or can be seen as making the game easier which makes them less palatable, which was my immediate reaction to certain designs the videos.

But so far I've only come across grappling beams and I'll be damned if they aren't a hilarious addition to any fleet friend or foe. I was merrily plucking frigates from an enemy formation and watched in horror as they mercilessly started doing the same to me with tractor beam mounted Venture cruisers. Too funny.

I used to deploy a faster ship towards the end of combat to switch to and chase down agile enemies, and its kind of nice skipping that step in those encounters. Anyways good job man can't wait to see the ships in action.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2020, 09:05:08 AM »

That Pulverizer is sexy.

Rammificatingly sexy.
Thanks, it feels sexy.

But so far I've only come across grappling beams and I'll be damned if they aren't a hilarious addition to any fleet friend or foe. I was merrily plucking frigates from an enemy formation and watched in horror as they mercilessly started doing the same to me with tractor beam mounted Venture cruisers. Too funny.
I'm glad you're liking the grappling beams, truth be told they're one of my favourites. (I thought I'd removed them from pirate fleets...but I guess it didn't work.)

There is something about features that are overpowered or can be seen as making the game easier which makes them less palatable, which was my immediate reaction to certain designs the videos.
Thanks for saying so. Maybe those gifs are a bit misleading...the melee ships are particularly good in 1-on-1 settings (which is usually the only way I can record), but they get riskier to approach with as fleet sizes increase. And most of them were unfair fights against weaker ships.

FWIW I've done a couple playthroughs with a Kingdom commission and some more with KoT as an enemy, none of them struck me as a particularly easier or harder game experience (although very different). But there's never enough playtest data! Feel free to tell me if you find them overpowered, or too easy to stomp with.

Lethice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2020, 04:02:35 AM »

Emm, the download isnt working for me for some reason, is there an alternate place to download it?

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2020, 05:41:58 AM »

Emm, the download isnt working for me for some reason, is there an alternate place to download it?
I'll throw it on bitbucket, here.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.9.5) - Hullmods and boring balance changes
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2020, 04:09:38 PM »

New mini update. These two affordable hullmods, for bumper-ship shenanigans:

And these mostly balance-related changes:
Spoiler
- Quetzalcoatl: Nerfs.
-- Hull, armor, and shield of head segment all reduced by ~15%.
-- EMP emitter: Cooldown increased (9s -> 12s), also affects Hatchling.
-- Overdriven escape: Major speed/maneuverability cut (-40%), also affects Hatchling.
- Smasher: Divebomb nerfed (10x mass -> 7x, 80% damage resist -> 65%). Psst, use the new hull mods to bring it (mostly) back up to spec!
- Trilobyte: Buffed. Receives bonus speed in combat when not equipped with logistics hullmods.
- Flushpipe: Buffed (500en/2000emp -> 750en/2500emp)
- Pulverizer: AI improvements. Should blast off into empty space less often.
- Pulverizer system: Charge-up time increased (3s -> 4s)
- CHAD Lance: Beam will now overload hit modules as well as the mothership.
[close]

Also, I plan to use Bitbucket instead of Google as my main file host going forward. I'm sure you'll let me know of any problems.

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2020, 09:03:50 PM »

Integral Density is a hullmod I didn't know i wanted! Thank you! Time to make a ramming build ship!

Lethice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2020, 06:10:29 AM »

Soo, is this new update save compatible?

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2020, 07:04:44 AM »

Integral Density is a hullmod I didn't know i wanted! Thank you! Time to make a ramming build ship!
You're quite welcome :)

Soo, is this new update save compatible?
Yes.

CrimsonPhalanx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2020, 07:21:53 AM »

Probably because I just came from looking at Yuri Expedition,

but I can't unsee a white haired android girl in a dress at the back of the Pulverizer.
Just imagine the booster as the bottom of the dress, then as you work your way up you see robotic hands and then a robotic-ish face and hair.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2020, 09:44:54 AM »

Probably because I just came from looking at Yuri Expedition,

but I can't unsee a white haired android girl in a dress at the back of the Pulverizer.
Just imagine the booster as the bottom of the dress, then as you work your way up you see robotic hands and then a robotic-ish face and hair.
Great, now I can't unsee it!

Take that

and that
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16