Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Spoilers! Guardian: The most powerfull ship in Vanilla  (Read 9303 times)

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
Spoilers! Guardian: The most powerfull ship in Vanilla
« on: October 05, 2019, 08:24:35 PM »

so first off let's know who is Guardian:
Guardian

Guardian
[close]

but why whould I call this ship stronger than a Radiant?

Simple this ship can just out-range, out-run and out-tank a Radiant, that's all because of how the ship is made, but first let's see what this ship, and why all she does is tranform this ship into a moster.

First, she has Auroras ship system, Plasma Jets, making she Really fast, since her's acelleration goes from kinda meh to insanely good, acelleration defining the true speed of a ship in combat, Radiant system is locked to the direction the ship is going so if you are acellerating backyards to disengage and the ship is still moving foward ativating her's ship system will not only send you foward but also disable your shield, allowing for your armor to be sheaped in the time the shield needs to get back up, meanwhile Guardian's system just make her able to desingage an enemy beyond that, the only mobility system that surpaces Plasma Jets is Hyperion's Phase Teleporter;

Second, she has Paragon's Signature hull mod Advaned Targeting Core, alone she is not scarry, but when conbined whit not one, not two, not three but for Gauss Cannons makes she being the ship which has the longest targeting distance for kinetics, and she also can out range ATC+AO Tachyon Lance by about 50-100su, making she not only the only ship in game which has this combination of out ranging a Paragon;

Third, as all droneships she is an automated ship, making her really better to suport, since you only pay for Supplies and Fuel to use;

Fourth, she has Missile Autoforge as a base mod, so she can just span missiles all she whants whitout getting punished for this;

to her Stats,
from the three ships which have 25k base capacitors, she has the worst flux dissipation at 1k/s vs 1.25k/s of Paragon and 1.5k/s from Radiant;

she also has the most armor from it's group at 1.7k armor vs 1.5k from both Paragon and Radiant and almost tying up whit Onslaught at 1.75k;

she has the highest base OP at 450 vs 320 from Radiant and 370 from both Paragon and XIV Onslaught;
she has 3 large Hybrid(Balistic+Energy) weapon mounts, are complemented by 2 Large Composite(Balistics+Missiles), recomended loadout is two Gauss and two Tachyon Lances and the backyards most left empty;

8 Medium mounts to furter complent her's Large payload, 2 Missiles and 6 Hybirds, Add the missiles you want, Harpoons are recomended, and of the 6 Hybrids use the 2 forwards and backyards but not from the sides, recomended use is 2 Heavy Mauler in foward and two dual flacks at backyard;

8 Small Hybrid mounts, use the two foward facing turrets from both sides to place 4 Burst PD Lasers to protect your foward from missiles;

recomentded Hull Mods to make her even more powerfull, no Lodout Desing:

Advanced Optics(AO) for the extra range on her Tachyon Lances, since it needs to have a range similar to the Gauss Cannon to be usable;
Stabilised Shields, Herdened Shields and Extended Shields to increase the Shield power;
Resistent Flux Conduits for extra vent speed;
Heavy Armor and Armored Weapon Mounts for for extra armor;
44 Caps and 50 Vents;

for Lodout Desing 3 pesants:
Reinforced Bulkheads for extra HP, not like she needs it;
49 Caps and 60 Vents;

Video Explanation
I'm with a cold now, will get gameplay to use in it and do a Post Comment
[close]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 08:29:37 PM by pedro1_1 »

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilers! Guardian: The most powerfull ship in Vanilla
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 08:27:07 PM »

You forgot one thing.This is a rare one of a kind ship which is unavailable without mods. It can be 4x time more powerful and still fine.

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 08:33:02 PM »

You forgot one thing.This is a rare one of a kind ship which is unavailable without mods. It can be 4x time more powerful and still fine.

the point of the post is to literally aknologe it as the strongest ship in game, and to avoid a mistake in the next release if Alex ever think of giving this thing even to the player AI, and to give tips on how to build one for those witch use mods were you can get it

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 11:14:02 PM »

The Guardian only appears defending a sleeper ship, and I believe only alone.  It might be accompanied by domain ships, but I doubt it and even if it were, those ships may as well be debris for all they good they do in battle.  Basically this thing has to solo your entire fleet, and pretty much any sort of competent fleet can take care of it quite easily.  Honestly I'm not sure if it really has any reason to exist, given that.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 12:02:12 AM »

Oh, yeah, the Guardian's the strongest ship in existence, but it's not brought up, as it still is just a single ship. Its strength comes from the fact that it has to pretend to be a station, when it's not a station. The range and speed advantages are so that it's hard to defeat, while missile regen ensures it can't be outlasted. Under AI control, though, it fails to kite properly, so it's possible to destroy it even with a bunch of frigates and destroyers. As a playership, it could probably defeat everything in the game on its own, besides stations (and even then, a Paragon with combat skills can do that, so perhaps the Guardian can, too, despite not having fortress shield), as they have the advantages the Guardian has, but way more of them.
All its strength means very little. It's alone and its only opponent is the player, and it's impossible to win against the player in the long run.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 12:05:16 AM »

With frontal partial shield, it is instantly curbstomped by by Thunders or torpedoed by phase ships.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 12:06:38 AM »

Alex already confirmed it won't be available with the Tech 5 skill, as it's pretty obvious why. And I agree with others, it's not even that scary when you can just swarm it with destroyers.
Please don't take me too seriously.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 12:23:31 AM »

Funnily enough, despite how obviously overpowered it is, it still can lose to a Radiant. Steady AI is just way too stupid, it doesn't use it's range/speed advantage. And trying to grind it out in melee against a 5xAutopulse, 4xGrav Radiant ends badly even for this monster.

(Of course I could use some build tailored to avoid AI pitfalls, by excluding ANY short ranged weapons or just build it for close combat)

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 12:26:03 AM by TaLaR »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 05:30:55 AM »

If Guardian has unlimited missiles, and player could pilot it, I would have it spam missiles, much like Doom or Venture did in that one 0.6.5a release with unlimited Fast Missile Racks and Salamanders (when it did 500 damage), which could kill everything beyond fog-of-war.

I guess Guardian could be piloted by Timid behavior and just spam missiles.

Guardian is practically unique and cannot be farmed, unlike Remnants.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2019, 03:51:11 PM »

The biggest problem with fighting the Guardian is not its stats, but that the AI is so scared of it. I had to take manual control of an omen to loop around its back and knock out the engines because the AI would not engage, even with eliminate orders.

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 11:45:36 PM »

The biggest problem with fighting the Guardian is not its stats, but that the AI is so scared of it. I had to take manual control of an omen to loop around its back and knock out the engines because the AI would not engage, even with eliminate orders.
So the moral of the story is if you can't code AI to be smart enough to win, code all the other AI to be dumb enough to lose.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2019, 11:53:22 PM »

Correctly piloted Guardian is pretty much invincible. It has absolute range+speed+firepower advantage over any other ship. The only ways to kill a properly piloted one would be to corner it with large fleet, drown it in fighters or assassinate it with Hyperion/phase frigates. Only cornering is doable for AI, more as accident than actual plan.

...Yet AI-piloted Guardian tends to lose to just 2 of most capitals. It has decent chances vs 2 Onslaughts/Conquests, but as long as at least 1 of 2 is Odyssey or Paragon, the Guardian usually loses (in skill-less combat). AI just doesn't understand that with mobility system it can completely outmaneuver opponents.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 11:56:03 PM by TaLaR »

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 01:21:00 AM »

Correctly piloted Guardian is pretty much invincible. It has absolute range+speed+firepower advantage over any other ship. The only ways to kill a properly piloted one would be to corner it with large fleet, drown it in fighters or assassinate it with Hyperion/phase frigates. Only cornering is doable for AI, more as accident than actual plan.

...Yet AI-piloted Guardian tends to lose to just 2 of most capitals. It has decent chances vs 2 Onslaughts/Conquests, but as long as at least 1 of 2 is Odyssey or Paragon, the Guardian usually loses (in skill-less combat). AI just doesn't understand that with mobility system it can completely outmaneuver opponents.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Odyssey can out-chase the Guardian.  That cuts off the Guardian's range and speed advantages outright, so all it has left is a firepower match.  From there it's just a question of how many Odysseys does it take to out-gun the Guardian, I'm thinking 2.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 01:32:22 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Odyssey can out-chase the Guardian.  That cuts off the Guardian's range and speed advantages outright, so all it has left is a firepower match.  From there it's just a question of how many Odysseys does it take to out-gun the Guardian, I'm thinking 2.

Odyssey takes quite a lot of time to approach an actively backpedaling Guardian, all while being pelted with longer range hard flux weapons and infinite ammo missiles. Single Odyssey can't reliably approach on it's own without dying, it can only create window of opportunity for the second one.

Of course, AI doesn't properly backpedal and is easily overwhelmed by a tag team of 2 enemy Odysseys, but a player-piloted Guardian can handle them without taking notable armor damage. Guardian is exactly the kind of ship to profit immensely from player piloting... what a cruel irony.

... You could edit one of mission definitions to include a Guardian for testing and then add custom opponent Odysseys to sim, if you want to see it yourself.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 02:22:08 AM by TaLaR »

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 07:06:18 AM »

I actualy tested the loadout i made just to see how well she did whit a optimazed loadout vs Paragon + Onslaught skill-less, it came in at 45% hull left and almost all frontal armor depleted after both had been eliminated, Paragon was the last ship to explode in that situation, it did knife fight a lot, which is strange because all of it's weapons were long range kinetic/energy/he weapons, I also did the same test, and I just got minor hits from tatical lasers on the Paragon and 1 or 2 TPC hits whem the Onlaught used burn drive
Pages: [1] 2 3