Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pirate deathballs - allow them (albiet....)  (Read 914 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Pirate deathballs - allow them (albiet....)
« on: October 17, 2019, 09:59:57 PM »

Those multi-Atlas pirate zombie deathballs fleets would make sense.... if a faction is paying them in the first place, to attack another faction. If player disrupts them while they're preparing, player get millions of credits or at least hundred thousands credits that the faction had given to pirates.
Additionally, player should be able to pay to send the same fleets against other factions!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:49:07 PM by SonnaBanana »
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

specyalic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate deathballs - allow them (albiet....)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 11:33:20 PM »

it would make more sense if the pirates were funded by a pirate empire outside the core worlds, who mount constant raids into the core worlds to secure booty, since there just isnt a way to explain how the pirates seem to outnumber the entire hegemony navy

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 12:14:04 AM »

Currently StarSector feels like it's following the plot of Vatta's War where pirates form an empire strong enough to threaten every single civilised human polity combined. If the player doesn't intervene the Sector will eventually decivilise into anarchy.

It wouldn't actually be a bad idea to make that an official plot line... everyone's expecting a third AI war, but the real threat is the mysterious faction funding all these gigantic pirate fleets and fortresses in the rimworlds.

braciszek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 05:37:46 AM »

Where are these pirates getting dozens and dozens of atlases from, anyway? The pirates seem to have stolen more ships than people actually fly in space.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 06:05:21 AM »

Currently StarSector feels like it's following the plot of Vatta's War where pirates form an empire strong enough to threaten every single civilised human polity combined. If the player doesn't intervene the Sector will eventually decivilise into anarchy.
If pirates did not put pirate activity at my systems at all times, I would let the pirates kill core worlds so the latter would stop sending oversized invasion fleets at my colonies.  Alas, killing all of core means the pirates always target my systems instead of core worlds, because my planets are the only thing left.  When I kill a pirate base, it respawns immediately and adds pirate activity to my system a day later.

I think of pirates as zombies, because they respawn as soon as they are killed, and they seek to decivilize worlds, effectively devouring them.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 06:14:07 AM »

Yep, space pirate zombies and space terrorist zombies. The true masters of starsector.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 06:31:05 AM »

Thanks to Pather bug, the terrorists are completely irrelevant aside from -1 stability, if they even appear.  During the one time I killed all of core, Pather cells did not appear at all at any of my overdeveloped or alpha-run colonies.  I do not know the exact criteria that prevents Pathers cells from appearing when they should.  Nailing that criteria down would be handy next release when Pather bug gets fixed.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 07:52:46 AM by Megas »