Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nanoforge  (Read 5483 times)

crazykiddeath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Nanoforge
« on: September 29, 2019, 07:37:34 AM »

Hey guys, new to the game and hoped someone could answer a question for me.

I've found a Pristine nanoforge, should I hang on to it or are they pretty common? The extra credits would be nice but I can live without them if it's worth saving.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Nanoforge
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 07:39:39 AM »

A pristine one is very rare and a critical component for operating an effective private empire.

I'd keep it personally, as otherwise it can be very costly to reacquire assuming it's not lost forever.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

crazykiddeath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 07:41:11 AM »

A pristine one is very rare and a critical component for operating an effective private empire.

I'd keep it personally, as otherwise it can be very costly to reacquire assuming it's not lost forever.

KK, will do, thank you for the help  :)

Terethall

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 03:32:53 PM »

Yeah, I'd save one or two before I started selling them. Same for synchrotron cores.

crazykiddeath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 12:55:53 PM »

Yeah, I'd save one or two before I started selling them. Same for synchrotron cores.

I'll keep that in mind if/when I find them.

Ondrasek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 03:03:44 AM »

Oh, there's a question, I started my third build in an old small universe and the only two pristine nanoforges i found, are in hegemony and persean league homeworlds(kazeron and chicomoztoc). It just doesnt feel right i've done technology cache and the red planet (and also ((literally)) searched the whole galaxy) but only got corrupted, I now own 12 to 15 of them. Is that a bug or small maps don't spawn pristine nanoforges?

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 03:21:24 AM »

No guaranteed items. In my current playthrough i got zero cryosleeper ships zero pristine nanoforges and 2 high-tech blueprints total found for all sector ruins. I got packs of pirate/luddic path blueprint packages and corrupt nanoforges...

Ondrasek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 04:43:24 AM »

Damn, I read somewhere that there are always at least 2 cryochambers in each galaxy, guess I'll have to raid a 12k planet then...

Terethall

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 09:08:19 AM »

Damn, I read somewhere that there are always at least 2 cryochambers in each galaxy, guess I'll have to raid a 12k planet then...

I've also always found 2 cryosleepers, but I've never done a small sector -- so that may only be for normal size.

Anyway, just raid for them if you really want them. After the expeditions and inspection fleets start hitting your colonies you'll feel pretty justified decivilizing the core worlds.

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 05:09:14 PM »

Oh, there's a question, I started my third build in an old small universe and the only two pristine nanoforges i found, are in hegemony and persean league homeworlds(kazeron and chicomoztoc). It just doesnt feel right i've done technology cache and the red planet (and also ((literally)) searched the whole galaxy) but only got corrupted, I now own 12 to 15 of them. Is that a bug or small maps don't spawn pristine nanoforges?

Pristine nanoforges are meant to be pretty rare. In vanilla only Hegemony and Persean League will have one regardless of map size as the core worlds are hand made while all but pathers have corrupted. If you want more raidable pristine nanoforges though then add in some faction mods. Mods below include pristine nanoforges so that their ships have an advantage in campaign autoresolve battles due to having less/no D-mods compared to vanilla factions. List does not cover every mod, just the ones I've played with that have a pristine nanoforge.

Diable Avionics (+ synchrotron + 4 Alpha + 2 Beta + 22 gamma)
SCY
Interstellar Imperium (+ synchrotron (independent) + 15 Alphas)
Dassault Mikoyan Engineering (2 Pristines + 1 corrupted)
Blackrock Drive Yards
Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority (+ 1 corrupted)
Neutrino
ASP (Junk Pirates mod)

« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 05:26:37 PM by SapphireSage »