Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is it a bug that saturation bombarding a station is a warcrime?  (Read 6102 times)

mvp7

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Is it a bug that saturation bombarding a station is a warcrime?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 09:25:23 AM »

I couldn't possibly tell you where those people actually came from.

I think it's implied there is a considerable vagabond or transient population throughout the sector. Also including the unlucky sods who still live on the de-civilised worlds.

That would mean that only  about 2-4% of the total sector population is living in the colonies at the start of the game and that all the rest have moved into the size 10 colony if such exists...

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 09:29:42 AM »

I wonder how long it takes now for a size 10 planet now.

Eji1700

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 10:14:29 AM »

Back on the original point (kinda... not really) to be honest i really wish it was the gold mine it should be when you find a planet with an abandoned skyhook or space elevator orbiting it. Should increase the accessibility massively. And probably add a bonus to orbital works due to it being much cheaper to move resources up to the factory.
I'm hoping stations also wind up factoring into this.  Seeing orbital habitats/mining rigs/research stations as goodie huts is interesting at first, but it seems a shame that you can't repurposed them if you colonize there.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2019, 11:09:28 AM »

It takes about four or five in-game years for a planet with Free Port and other population bonuses (without cryorevival) to grow from size 7 to size 8.

They probably reach size 10 either through breeding or being aware that they are in a game and just clone more of themselves in existence as the game demands.
Pages: 1 [2]