Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How would i increase the production and required resources for ALL industries?  (Read 548 times)

Alfa Cor

• Ensign
  • Ya-yeet the rich
    • View Profile

And would i have to increase how many merchant convoys there are to prevent shortages?

Salv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

That depends on what you mean. If you want to increase the quantity per unit that is available on the market, you can change it in the commodities.csv. If you want to increase the units produced, you would have to edit the individual classes for each industry and then replace the original plugins in the industries.csv file in the plugin column with your edited variant. I've done something similar in my personal overhaul, but I haven't published it because there are other things that need to be adjusted, that are deeply rooted in the code, and without which the mod would be pretty unpolished.

As for shortages, merchant convoys only affect imports of the target colony when they are destroyed. To compensate for the increased production and demand, you would actually need to adjust the accessibilityPerUnit value in settings.json. But then there are other complications. For example, the accessibility penalty for commodity units lost in the destruction of a merchant fleet would remain the same. Fleets would carry more commodities and destroying them would cause higher penalty to the accessibility of the target colony. You could balance it out though by decreasing the spawn frequency of merchant fleets, but that's just a bandaid I suppose.

Also another problem is the deficit penatly. If you made colonies require more food, each unit deficit would cause the same penalty as in the normal game. To illustrate, if you increase food demand of 10 by 2x and the colony has, say, a 50% deficit, stability would plummet from 10 to 0 ( -1 for each food unit missing). In vanilla, stability would only be down to 5. Other deficit penalties can be adjusted in individual industry classes, but food shortage has separate classes.

I just mean to warn you against making drastic changes without keeping in mind the implications of these changes for other systems.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 05:54:20 AM by Salv »