Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Market Volatility, mods changed it?  (Read 635 times)

Vivratelnica

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Market Volatility, mods changed it?
« on: September 22, 2019, 02:04:34 PM »

anyone else notice that the economy seems to be far less volatile with certain mods in it, it's kind of a bummer... I used to be able to just make shitloads of credits by trading stuff on the blackmarket. Now things hardly ever go up or down. is there a way to determine market volatility in settings or something? I went through almost an entire play through and heavy armaments pretty much never go over like 600 credits. When I was playing vanilla they went up to 1500 credits quite frequently, which was really nice. The same could be said for almost any other commodity. I can still make money by other means, but this was a huge part of the game that I found very fun.

I have a list of my mods installed.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Market Volatility, mods changed it?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 02:26:57 PM »

Depends what mods you run.

If you have Nexerelin, 1000 + credit shortages for heavy armaments are very common due to invasions, and raids that take out space ports.

You can also create shortages by taking out convoys and smugglers, which do the same thing except you essentially get goods for free (except for the supplies cost in recovery and some fuel).

A real gamer move is to commission with a faction, and disable your factions enemy space ports, then invade and take over the market. Then you can shuttle goods there as the space port is disabled, making you mad cash as they will constantly want goods till the space port is re-enabled.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 02:29:19 PM by Agile »