Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Npc and Remnants relation  (Read 7158 times)

wei270

• Commander
    • View Profile
Npc and Remnants relation
« on: September 20, 2019, 06:40:44 PM »

do have a good or bad relation with NPC and Remnants do anything for you or are they just shorta of there at the moment and are waiting for future implimation.

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Npc and Remnants relation
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 07:14:45 PM »

Technically if you managed to get to non-hostile relations with remnants they would stop attacking you, just like any other faction.  Had this happen in a Nex game, but even there I think it was a bug.

I've heard that NPC patrol captains with high relations ignore contraband or something, but it's so niche a thing that I don't even know how to confirm it.

Demonocolips

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 03:17:16 PM »

if they hate you certain markets are blocked off on planets. if they like you and you have signed a commission you can buy high end ships weapons and sometimes blueprints.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 02:24:35 PM »

Technically if you managed to get to non-hostile relations with remnants they would stop attacking you, just like any other faction.  Had this happen in a Nex game, but even there I think it was a bug.

I've heard that NPC patrol captains with high relations ignore contraband or something, but it's so niche a thing that I don't even know how to confirm it.

This is not a bug.

By default, Tri Tachyon is Neutral (0) reputation with all remnant forces. There's even a special dialogue option if you speak to remnants when you have neutral or above reputation with them; you are considered a "Tri Tachyon operator" to them.

You can get this benefit if you commission with Tri Tachyon as you inherit your commissioned factions reputation.

This is the big secret to colonizing in the rim; if you commission with Tri Tachyon, and find a high beacon system, you can colonize there and the remnants will kill all pirates / enemy factions that enter. Double points if you setup your base near the Remnant Nexus, as enemies will gravitate towards it and get owned.

wei270

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 04:51:39 AM »

well that is nice and all but the problem with all commission is that there is still no real way to quit a commission right, i don't really consider piracy till hostile a way to exist commission.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 04:56:58 AM »

You can always exit a commission. But there really isn't much of a purpose to relations with NPC and remnants so far. It is as you written, it is there for future implementation.

wei270

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 08:13:48 PM »

it is good to know you can exit commission now days