Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.97a] Commissioned Crews 1.999999gggg  (Read 314341 times)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Commissioned Crews 1.999999gg
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2021, 11:48:35 PM »

ok apparently the "last resort" option ended up working, but i wonder what happened
Unsolvable bug from how the player faction is generated at the start of the game. The automatic option should work usually when you buy new ships.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2021, 05:03:38 AM »

Support is very easy to support for modders. You can download this example code to see how Hegemony gets its hullmod.. You just need to remember to put something in the TechpriestCommission.csv to align with the corresponding faction string and hullmod string while making sure your hull mod has code (in the example) to remove itself when the player is no longer commissioned to the faction. The hullmod should somewhat encourage players for receiving a commission with them (straight debuffs are ? but buffs for a debuff is fine). Support is extremely stable at the moment.

Once you have support, there should little need to maintain support aside from balancing out the commissioned hull mods. If you want some ideas, you may check a look into what the supported modded faction have as their bonuses. For mine, all of the vanilla factions are open-sourced, so you may take a peek to see how I made the code work.

1. In `data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv`,
    - [ ] Under `id`, change `CHM_hegemony` to whatever hull mod id you want.
    - [ ] Under `script`, change `data.scripts.hullmods.CHM_hegemony` to use your hull mod id instead.
    - [ ] If desired, change any other values, like the `desc`.

2. In `data/scripts/hullmods`,
    - [ ] Rename `CHM_hegemony.java` to `<your hull mod id>.java`.
    - [ ] Inside that file, replace `class CHM_hegemony` with `class <your hull mod id>`.
    - [ ] Inside that file, replace `hegemony` with your faction id.

3. In `data/config/CommissionBonus/TechpriestCommission.csv`,
    - [ ] Change `hegemony` to your faction id.
    - [ ] Change `CHM_hegemony` to your hull mod id.
4. Optionally you may want to add a tip, hullmod font colors, but that's only if users have this mod so they may get confused if they take a commission and they don't get anything.
I'm not seeing anything in the example file's script that limits it to the Hegemony, is that handled elsewhere (now?)?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2021, 09:51:03 PM »

I'm not seeing anything in the example file's script that limits it to the Hegemony, is that handled elsewhere (now?)?

3. In `data/config/CommissionBonus/TechpriestCommission.csv`,
    - [ ] Change `hegemony` to your faction id.
    - [ ] Change `CHM_hegemony` to your hull mod id.
The limitation is handled in the TechpriestCommission.csv. If you want your commissioned hullmods to affect pirates, you can do that which means taking a pirate commission grants you two commissioned hullmods (one from mine and one from yours)

i didn't know that you are into memes
Buy me dinner first before we go into those personal details yeah?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Commissioned Crews 1.999999ggg
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2022, 09:43:27 PM »

Janurary 4, 2022
  • Tri-Tachyon CC Bonus Reworked Again!!!
    • Gain 250/400/600/1000 Flux Capacity and 15/25/35/50 Flux dissipation if the ship has an S-Mod.
  • Sindrian CC Bonus Reworked Again!!
    • +10% Maneuverability (+30% if Steady'd)
    • Gain +33% Damage to Weapons and Engines if Aggressive'd and Reckless'd
    • Gain 1/3 of Hardened Shields if Timid'd and Cautious'd
  • Luddic Church Bonus Reworked Again!
    • Missile HP Bonus increased from +25% to +33%
    • +10% Missile Damage (from +20%/16%/12%/8% missile damage to shields)
  • Persean League Bonus
    • Skeleton Crew Reduction increased from -10% to -20%

Hey, have you checked the Supported Modded Factions lately? It grew with 4 supported factions from the last patch to this patch! Wow!

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2022, 02:01:25 AM »

Tri-Tach: is bonus per smod or just for a presence of any smod?

Sindrian: is bonus for ships with officers only or will doctrine tab settings apply?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2022, 08:30:55 AM »

Tri-Tach: is bonus per smod or just for a presence of any smod?

Sindrian: is bonus for ships with officers only or will doctrine tab settings apply?
tritach: any

diktat: officer

Noobishnoob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2022, 02:01:14 AM »

Hi was wondering if there was a maximum amount of commission bonuses or if it was capped at 5? Cause I am currently allied to 7 factions which are ;
-Nia tahls Spindle
-Tri tachyon
-Safarijohns Roider union
-tartifelles Outer rim alliance
-Dark revenant's Imperium
-Peplats United pamed (from xhan empire mod and AFAIK has no commissioned crews for the united pamed but the xhan do)
-Sleepyfish's Star Fed (which isnt showing up at all)

^thats in chronological order so Im wondering if its due to united pamed not having a commission crew, Star fed not working or if there is a hard cap of 5 commission crew bonuses.

Any insights?

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2022, 02:56:28 AM »

I feel that the bonuses of base factions are EXTREMLY underwhelming, maybe buff the armor value for the hegemony ? and maybe movement speed for Lions training ?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 12:13:03 AM by Mira Lendin »
^^

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2022, 12:48:32 PM »

Hi was wondering if there was a maximum amount of commission bonuses or if it was capped at 5? Cause I am currently allied to 7 factions which are ;
-Nia tahls Spindle
-Tri tachyon
-Peplats United pamed (from xhan empire mod and AFAIK has no commissioned crews for the united pamed but the xhan do)

^thats in chronological order so Im wondering if its due to united pamed not having a commission crew, Star fed not working or if there is a hard cap of 5 commission crew bonuses.

Any insights?
Doesn't look like United Pamed has a Commissioned Crew hullmod bonus in the first place. Perhaps petition Peplat for a bonus of your choice?  :)
I have contacted SleepyFish for a fix on this. It can be fixed in the next update.

I have not put a cap nor limit to how many CC bonus can be earned.

I feel that the bonuses of bases factions are EXTREMLY underwhelming, maybe buff the armor value for the hegemony ? and maybe movement speed for Lions training ?
I'll think about it. Hegemony's armor bonus scales harder on higher-armored ships like the Hegemony doctrine has... I'll wait for the second blog post of uniquifying the factions for Diktat.

Noobishnoob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2022, 08:36:23 PM »

-Nia tahls Spindle
-Tri tachyon

Any insights?
Doesn't look like United Pamed has a Commissioned Crew hullmod bonus in the first place. Perhaps petition Peplat for a bonus of your choice?  :)
I have contacted SleepyFish for a fix on this. It can be fixed in the next update.

I feel that the bonuses of bases factions are EXTREMLY underwhelming, maybe buff the armor value for the hegemony ? and maybe movement speed for Lions training ?
I'll think about it. Hegemony's armor bonus scales harder on higher-armored ships like the Hegemony doctrine has... I'll wait for the second blog post of uniquifying the factions for Diktat.

Thanks Fam

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2022, 10:46:55 PM »

Hmm.... 'United We Stand' seems to only be giving me two of the bonuses for my alliance, the first two, and isn't showing the third one that's joined.

Is that a bug?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2022, 07:38:36 AM »

Hmm.... 'United We Stand' seems to only be giving me two of the bonuses for my alliance, the first two, and isn't showing the third one that's joined.

Is that a bug?

:-[ it is likely there is old code that removes the hullmod in the hullmod script itself if you are not commissioned. I do not know what the third faction is, but that is usually the case.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2022, 02:24:28 PM »

....  :-[ it is likely there is old code that removes the hullmod in the hullmod script itself if you are not commissioned. I do not know what the third faction is, but that is usually the case.
Well, I had a large alliance with my faction, Dassault, Hiigara (with the bonus you helped me make), Aurora (hasn't made a bonus so not relevant), and the Star Federation.

Only Hiigara and Dassault were showing up, but I added VIC to the mix and theirs did so I guess the problem is with the Star Federation.
I suppose not everyone got the memo to remove the old code?  ???

PS: I didn't realize my custom Hiigara bonus was stepping on ORA's toes.  :P

Trabber Shir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2022, 04:50:31 AM »

I am almost certainly missing something obvious as a relative newcommer to the community, but how do I check out the Supported Modded Factions you mention in your update announcements?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2022, 07:47:15 AM »

I am almost certainly missing something obvious as a relative newcommer to the community, but how do I check out the Supported Modded Factions you mention in your update announcements?
Click on the image to see their mod page. Their mod should have the support.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12