Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What exactly do the "8/6/5/4%", "fuel" and "range" values in ship_data.csv mean?  (Read 5250 times)

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hi all,

What exactly do the "8/6/5/4%", "fuel" and "range" values in ship_data.csv mean? Especially range is something I'm curious about, because I have a feeling that it's important but I can't quite figure it out looking at the core game's ship data file. I would imagine fuel to be something regarding fuel usage, but don't we have fuel/ly for this?

Probably some dumb questions above, but yeah... Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

"range" is not implemented into the game yet, but when it will be, it's those numbers that dictate (i think) how far the ship will go on the system map (counted in lightyears, this also is needed for calculating how much fuel you need)

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile

Fuel is fuel carried and the other two are not used

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile

Thanks for the info! :)

Fuel is fuel carried

Isn't fuel counted as normal cargo? Or am I just misunderstanding something here? I never really did pay much attention to the whole fuel mechanics in the game as I always had plenty to go on from all the raiding I did, so I might not be entirely familiar with them.

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile

Thanks for the info! :)

Fuel is fuel carried

Isn't fuel counted as normal cargo? Or am I just misunderstanding something here? I never really did pay much attention to the whole fuel mechanics in the game as I always had plenty to go on from all the raiding I did, so I might not be entirely familiar with them.
no is separate, that is the reason why there cargo ship and fuel tanker

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile

Oh wow, that explains a LOT. Thanks!

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Instead of this "8/6/5/4%"  just put ,,  . It have no purpose now, maybe later.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums

8/6/5/4% and range are used by Alex as unused by the game, but used by him as comparative indicators to his balance guidelines. Range is computed automatically by the game, and 8/6/5/4% is just a guideline. Fuel IS however used by the game, its the fuel capacity of the ship.