Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Ansering to a necropost...  (Read 600 times)

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
Ansering to a necropost...
« on: September 14, 2019, 01:07:43 PM »

This may be a little bit of a necro, but I have to chime in here. It just happened to me too. I clicked on the agree to turn on my transponder and got attacked anyway.  If this is supposed to be a tutorial, it needs to teach you HOW to turn on the transponder. I am literally alt tabbing out of the game to write this and I just checked.. I do not see anything with the words transponder on the control bar.  I just thought I would post this before having to open up a new tab to look up how to actually do the tutorial.  (This game looks like it will be amazing..just hard not to show my frustration at a tutorial)

try hiting top bar 1 twice, it's configured to that as default

Mar Sara

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Ansering to a necropost...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 02:27:44 PM »

You skipped part of the tutorial. This can happen if you go against the on screen directions.

Here's a few steps to get you the transponder ability.

1. Go straight forward to the debris feild
2. Use thebsalvage ability
3. Press f5 to quicksave. This will triger a pirate ship to spawn and attack you.
4. Fight the pirate. It's an easy fight and you should be fine even while learning the controls.
5. After the fight, quicksave again by pressing f5
6. You will receive a level and be prompted to press C to open the character screen. Once you close out of the character screen, you will receive the plot hook text and unlock the sustained burn ability.
7. Plot a course to the friendly planet. As you get close, you will now unlock the transponder ability, and instructions how to use it.

Now you should be good to go off the rails a bit if you want. The rest of the tutorial is not as easy to break. It can be done though if you really try....