Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Are there any mods that add ridiculously huge ships?  (Read 6724 times)

React52

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Are there any mods that add ridiculously huge ships?
« on: September 12, 2019, 08:40:51 PM »

I do mean bigger than capital ships . I feel like capital ships aren't big enough (I expected capital ships to be at-least 3x bigger than every other ship) so I am wondering if there is a mod or mods that add really really huge ships that cost probably millions to buy.

oh god..

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any mods that add ridiculously huge ships?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 09:06:30 PM »

I do mean bigger than capital ships . I feel like capital ships aren't big enough (I expected capital ships to be at-least 3x bigger than every other ship) so I am wondering if there is a mod or mods that add really really huge ships that cost probably millions to buy.

capitals are aredy big, like 1.8 km long and 0,8 km whide, probably 40 meters tall, and that is because I did nt even try to get the size of them yet(the way we can know the size of any ship in game is to pit the 127mm Swarmer missile(the actual shot not the weapom) agains any ship in the game)

as for the question try Ship and Weapon pack, that adds the Catedral battleship(I almost made the mistake of calling it a "mobile space station" lol)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 09:08:36 PM by pedro1_1 »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 09:11:02 PM »

Weapon calibers were retconned a good while back... Which is a good thing.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 09:56:45 PM »

I mean, the Cathedral basically -is- a mobile space station, at least lore-wise.  Can't sell stuff to it, though.

You could also take a look at Vayra's Kadur Remnants mod, combined with the Vayra's Sector utility-ish mod; with both of those, you'll eventually get access to a bounty mission that sends you up against a super-capital; with a bit of luck (or save-scumming) you can capture the thing.  (At which point you've basically won the game - it's, uh, rather powerful in player hands.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 10:40:32 PM »

I mean, the Cathedral basically -is- a mobile space station, at least lore-wise.  Can't sell stuff to it, though.

You can't have someting that's mobile aka that can move and someting stationary and, on space that means predicteble orbit, at the same time so it's either a really big ship or it's a station

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 10:55:47 PM »

I have an unboardable superdreadnought as an NPC battlestation equivalent (not 3x larger, but larger than your average capital). You can use Console Commands to spawn yourself one:
Code
addship istl_BBsuperheavy_std
or alter the files to make it available, but it's kind of boring to have that kind of firepower accessible to the player.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 12:06:08 AM »

On reason that capitals may not look larger than cruisers is just...how your brain perceives 2d objects.

As it is, capitals tend to be about twice the length and width of cruisers (or more). This should mean theyre about 4 times the top down area and 8 times the mass/volume. The odyssey and conquest arent quite that big. And the civilian capitals arent as big (probably clocking in at 2-3 times the sieze) but the onslaught and paragon defintely are that big

React52

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2019, 12:49:12 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions I just have a weird un-satisfied feeling with how big the ships are. I want just really want bigger. but not just for me. I'd want Ai to have access to these large ships too, and then there can be glorious super ship satisfying battles.

BIGGERRRR
oh god..

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 01:44:18 AM »

Seeker Ship Pack has a couple of pretty big ships for the Pirates and the Remnants. The former being capturable.

download:https://bitbucket.org/CodingTartiflette/seeker-mod/downloads/SEEKER_UC_v0.20DEV31b.7z

Spoiler
[close]

Ship and Weapon Pack also has a massive special bounty

BTracer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2019, 10:02:58 AM »

You can't have someting that's mobile aka that can move and someting stationary and, on space that means predicteble orbit, at the same time so it's either a really big ship or it's a station

• Station and stationary are not synonyms.
  • Stationary doesn't mean immobile, immobile means immobile. Stationary means not *currently* in motion through a particular reference frame.

So, "mobile space station" is in fact the correct term.

React52

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 02:08:12 PM »

Seeker Ship Pack has a couple of pretty big ships for the Pirates and the Remnants. The former being capturable.

download:https://bitbucket.org/CodingTartiflette/seeker-mod/downloads/SEEKER_UC_v0.20DEV31b.7z

Spoiler
[close]

that's badass
oh god..

React52

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2019, 10:47:50 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

uh..isn't this mod out-dated? I don't think I can use it
oh god..

React52

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2019, 03:32:29 PM »

yeah definitely out dated, can't use it without the game giving an error on load.
oh god..

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2019, 04:32:08 PM »

yeah definitely out dated, can't use it without the game giving an error on load.
Did you download the one in the link or the one on the forum? That link should be for the Seeker Ship Pack, which is current. The one on the mod forums in outdated
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2019, 01:23:24 AM »

capitals are aredy big, like 1.8 km long and 0,8 km whide, probably 40 meters tall, and that is because I did nt even try to get the size of them yet(the way we can know the size of any ship in game is to pit the 127mm Swarmer missile(the actual shot not the weapom) agains any ship in the game)

Do you honestly believe you can get any sensible scale out of that?
Sprites are not to scale. Look at the size of some weapons compared to ships (like frigates).

I think the bigger problem is the size of the ship sprites compared to weapons. It makes them looks cluttered and tiny, especially frigates, where the guns are plastered over eachother because of how little space you have to work with.
Pages: [1] 2