Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: level up administrators  (Read 8915 times)

Blurple Berry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
level up administrators
« on: September 09, 2019, 08:49:55 AM »

simple question - do administrators level up and if they do, how?

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: level up administrators
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 09:52:05 AM »

They do not level up.
The less good ones are there as an option to expand your holdings 'on the cheap', or temporarily without commiting to paying a fairly large salary.

Blurple Berry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 10:59:48 AM »

good to know, thanks

would be kinda nice to have them level up each or at least every other cycle or something
maybe with random abilities
... maybe let them have personalities aswell - like shrewd or diligent - that affect stability, accessibility, civil/military production etc

... or maybe its fine how it is idk

DaLagga

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 02:29:21 PM »

What I'm wonder is, do 3/3/3 administrators exist (not counting Alpha AI's of course)?  I've found one with two of the colony skills maxed, but never all 3. 

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 05:41:12 AM »

Hmm, leveling up admins could be a use for the new story points...

What I'm wonder is, do 3/3/3 administrators exist (not counting Alpha AI's of course)?  I've found one with two of the colony skills maxed, but never all 3. 
Nope, human admins can only have 0-2 skills.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 06:11:35 AM »

Not the ones you can hire.  Some leader NPCs (Baikal Daud, CEO Sun, and Kanta) have 3/3/3.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 06:57:57 AM »

Th player is penalized far too much for not having AI.
You can put cores in EVERY slot and industry and there is no limit on cores, while there is a limit on planets and admin.

Basically, a player has to spend skill points and even then the colonies will GREATLY underperform compared to just sticking cores in everything.
The "downside" of inspection is not really a downside for a players perspective. Free XP and salvage.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 07:04:44 AM »

I would be more annoyed at Pathers than Hegemony if not for the sabotage bug that makes cells nearly harmless.  As for Hegemony, either bribes or wipe them off the map.

Zeeheld

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 07:58:44 AM »

Th player is penalized far too much for not having AI.
You can put cores in EVERY slot and industry and there is no limit on cores, while there is a limit on planets and admin.

Basically, a player has to spend skill points and even then the colonies will GREATLY underperform compared to just sticking cores in everything.
The "downside" of inspection is not really a downside for a players perspective. Free XP and salvage.
I totally agree with you. Filling every nook and cranny of you colony full of AI cores has literally no downsides. The eventual AI inspections can easily be paid off by just the profits your AI cores make you rake in.
That system needs to be tweaked in one way or another. At this point, an alpha-AI is just a straight upgrade like a pristine nanoforge or synchrotron core.
I thought AI cores were supposed to be the abominable intelligences on par with 40k lore. They brought humanity to its knees twice so I would expect them to be much more dangerous, and much more hated, even.
And seeing how in the next update, the player can even commandeer [REDACTED] ships which are officially illegal in every part of known space, I have my doubts it's going to change. I would want every faction to turn hostile upon even seeing one of these bad boys roll up alongside your fleet.
Cool story, bro.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 08:25:08 AM »

I imagine the consequences of AI cores will be expanded significantly in the future. It's an unfinished mechanic right now.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 09:57:18 AM »

AI cores didn't bring humanity to its knees twice. It's just a small tiny isolated sector of the galaxy fighting over laws on how to use them.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 01:23:32 PM »

I thought AI cores were supposed to be the abominable intelligences on par with 40k lore.

I am fairly sure the capabilities of AI cores as given in their descriptions are exaggerations by scared and ignorant Sectorites. A full Combat player is more capable than even an Alpha Core officer, for example.

Pale0veil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 01:36:58 PM »

I would like to see AI governors pull a Skynet style uprising if they become too numerous.  Alternatively they could use their positions of power to covertly boost [REDACTED]'s capabilities or even assist them in spreading to more systems.

Blurple Berry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 02:47:05 PM »

AI cores didn't bring humanity to its knees twice. It's just a small tiny isolated sector of the galaxy fighting over laws on how to use them.

thats exactly what a Tri-Tachyon collaborator would say  >:(

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 03:10:26 PM »

One of my ideas for AI cores being "unviable" is that if you have x amount of alpha cores, you get an x amount of chance (which grows exponentially to the amount of cores you have, where 2 your completely safe, and anything above 2 it starts getting bad for the player) where an AI core revolts, turning your colony into a Remnant Nexus that has to be pacified, and the AI core disrupts all your industries depending on how long you let the Remnant Nexus stay alive, with a minimum disruption of 60 days, and a maximum of 365 days.

This would make AI cores a real risk instead of just plop in and print money. However, if this mechanic is added, the administrator limit either has to be loosened or removed entirely, because administrators already have the limit of only having 2 max skills instead of 3, and you have to pay them a hefty salary. So its already enough of a demerit to hire a administrator over an AI core (which is free and has all 3 skills).

This rebellion ONLY happens with AI core ADMINS, so you can put your alpha AI cores onto industries and they wouldn't be able to rebel.
Pages: [1] 2