Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)  (Read 268736 times)

The One Who Crawl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)
« Reply #375 on: January 23, 2022, 11:42:37 AM »

Hello

Your mod is displayed in blue in the index, but is not compactible with the game, I cannot activate it. Even though I have the most recent version installed.
I don't know if the problem is with the mod or with me, but I wanted to let you know.

(I use a translator, so there might be errors)

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 23, 2022, 11:48:06 AM »

....  I have the most recent version installed....
???  I think that might be your problem right there.

This mod is for Starsector version 0.9.1a.

The most recent Starsector version is 0.95.1a, this mod hasn't been updated to the newest version of the game.... it's several versions back in fact. Unless you play it on an older version of the game, or the mod author comes back to update it, I doubt it'll work well if at all.

Tyrant11

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 23, 2022, 01:13:08 PM »

....  I have the most recent version installed....
???  I think that might be your problem right there.

This mod is for Starsector version 0.9.1a.

The most recent Starsector version is 0.95.1a, this mod hasn't been updated to the newest version of the game.... it's several versions back in fact. Unless you play it on an older version of the game, or the mod author comes back to update it, I doubt it'll work well if at all.
Nope, this mod has been maintained by Nick XR.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 25, 2022, 10:20:52 AM »

Go back a few pages and find the posts with the download link. 

Don't modify the version file locally to get it to run, you'll be sorry if you do.

Requal

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 19, 2022, 04:10:12 PM »

I laughed so loud at the ship named Dachshund.
Everything I look at my neighbours dog now which is a Dachshund I think of this ship.

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 26, 2022, 08:36:42 PM »

Great mod. It's unfortunate that the AI cannot prevent the Newfoundland from destroying its own fleet when it changes direction.

XeroNecross

• Ensign
  • Praise be Slaanesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 06, 2022, 11:50:13 AM »

In-game I get an error saying the was a problem starting the mod or something? I mean it doesn't crash the game and another mod (a portrait mod) is doing the same, but I still see all the portraits in-game... I haven't seen the ships in game yet, but I'm also not seeing a faction for Ed's Shipyard either (is there supposed to?).

All it says is: Ed Shipyard (v2.4, malformed JSON in remote version file at URL "https://github.com/Nickwest/StarSectorMods/blob/main/edshipyard.version")

and honestly thats a lot I don't understand in that.

XeroNecross

• Ensign
  • Praise be Slaanesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 08, 2022, 01:19:32 AM »

In-game I get an error saying the was a problem starting the mod or something? I mean it doesn't crash the game and another mod (a portrait mod) is doing the same, but I still see all the portraits in-game... I haven't seen the ships in game yet, but I'm also not seeing a faction for Ed's Shipyard either (is there supposed to?).

All it says is: Ed Shipyard (v2.4, malformed JSON in remote version file at URL "https://github.com/Nickwest/StarSectorMods/blob/main/edshipyard.version")

I logged in last night to play and the mod is working now. I don't know if you did anything or it just resolved itself. Either way thank you and great mod on behalf of the original author and many great thanks to Nick for updating it to 0.9.5.1a

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 08, 2022, 09:40:22 AM »

I logged in last night to play and the mod is working now. I don't know if you did anything or it just resolved itself. Either way thank you and great mod on behalf of the original author and many great thanks to Nick for updating it to 0.9.5.1a

Always good when things self resolve >.<

The URL you have a above is missing a `w` in the name.  I'll track down that typo.  Thanks!

XeroNecross

• Ensign
  • Praise be Slaanesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 08, 2022, 02:51:30 PM »

Always good when things self resolve >.<

The URL you have a above is missing a `w` in the name.  I'll track down that typo.  Thanks!

Glad I could be of service!

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 11, 2022, 05:44:57 PM »

One of my favorite mod, great work!

Danoob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 14, 2022, 08:12:25 PM »

How to get lvl 50 the only mod i see is max 40 is it required Nex? ,Or you just to need max independent relation and 25 mil?

Sry bad grammar

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 04, 2022, 12:50:29 PM »

Wurg is on the list of ships to look at
[/quote]

Finally someone works on that mod. As very expirienced Wurg user i have only one, major complain - it's main gun sucks.
And the main reason is - it doesn't pierce through ships, fighters, asteroids, ship and fighter debres. I mean there is already not so many targets for such devastating weapon, but even if you happened to fight some massive boss ship or remnant battlestation you can't connect that beam with your target. There is always something in the way what absorbs significant (if not all) damage output and it's just super frustrating. For the entire 300h playthrough i never happened to fire something successfully other than just obliterating few capitals here and there, but it's such an overkill (and by the way, seems like Fortress shield completely counters it KEKW). For example - as soon as you try to destroy orbital station it just losts one module and that module literally protects all other modules.

I think it's totally possible to allow it going through every object. At least i saw something similar in "Superweapons" mod.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 06, 2022, 11:36:15 AM »

Why not make a new thread for this?

It's fairly confusing to have the Index link to the first page of this thread with outdated download links and no indication that you need to dig through posts to find an updated version (just helped someone on the Discord server who had downloaded an old version).
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

#Negi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 24, 2022, 11:11:38 PM »

I have a question about the Newfoundland's modules: how does it interact with logistics mods?  Example: I want to put Solar Shielding on it, do I place it on the front segment?  Or on all segments?  Do the latter segments have any effect on logistics?  Do they stack or have a proportional effect on the ship as a whole?  Or do they have no effect and only the front segment matters for logistics?  Thank you. 
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27