Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)  (Read 269587 times)

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)
« Reply #360 on: September 04, 2021, 10:56:25 AM »

Almost like changing a number doesn't actually fix the compatibility with the newest update......

dub

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 30, 2021, 09:52:41 AM »

Does anyone know where to get older versions of this mod? I'm trying to find the 1.7.0 version specifically.

IraqiWalker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 22, 2021, 06:52:45 PM »

I'm looking forward to all the fixes and updates folks might be able to do to revive this mod.

MrNage

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 23, 2021, 09:24:53 AM »

Tyrant Maw does not function at all, spatial swap causes a CTD, yeah I'm gonna pass for now.

If no-one's come up with a fix for this weapon, the best hack for the weapon is to just edit the weapon_data.csv and remove the ammo count for the Tyrant Maw, leaving it blank. As far as I've checked, the weapon itself works fine; it seems that there was supposed to be a check in the weapon script that occurs which ensures that the Maw only fires once per battle, and that script isn't working out somehow.

With this hack, as a consequence the weapon fires as fast as it's soon done firing (the firing sequence is around 30 secs), though the weapon will damage itself if it is fired while any part of the ship is overloaded, which is a few seconds after the Maw concludes it's firing sequence.

Stalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 26, 2021, 07:51:16 AM »

Honeslty the look of ships already gets me sold on trying this one out
quite sad that we have this situation
Spoiler
Oh hey guys, sorry for not updating the mod, still busy and burned out.

I am totally fine with anyone else taking over the mod, If I ever return to Starsector modding it would probably be on a completely new faction mod anyways.

Oh btw the discord version had more content and the latest balances, it was incomplete so I didn't release here. but seems like it was stable, I recommend picking up and taking over from that version.
[close]

maybe someday

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 26, 2021, 11:57:54 PM »

ED Shipyard 2.4 Released

-=Download=-

• Migrated to StarSector 0.95.1a-RC6 with permission from Ed
  • Uses the original code from 2.3 Beta
  • Get the Wurgandal at Nova Maxios or Prism Freeport with 25M & Max rep with independents from a bar event
  • Minor balance changes to bring in line with vanilla ships

Goal is to maintain in this long term, Ed has done 99.99% of the work, full credit still goes to him. 

This is a full fledged faction and doesn't need any real work as the roster of ships is extensive, high quality and the balance is great so I don't anticipate any substantive, functional changes.  I'll probably start a new thread in a few days where I can update the original post.

Please leave balance feedback and bug reports.

Known issues:
Newfoundland (locomotive) has some bendy issues

HellBent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 27, 2021, 03:32:05 AM »

ED Shipyard 2.4 Released

-=Download=-

• Migrated to StarSector 0.95.1a-RC6 with permission from Ed
  • Uses the original code from 2.3 Beta
  • Get the Wurgandal at Nova Maxios or Prism Freeport with 25M & Max rep with independents from a bar event
  • Minor balance changes to bring in line with vanilla ships

Goal is to maintain in this long term, Ed has done 99.99% of the work, full credit still goes to him. 

This is a full fledged faction and doesn't need any real work as the roster of ships is extensive, high quality and the balance is great so I don't anticipate any substantive, functional changes.  I'll probably start a new thread in a few days where I can update the original post.

Known issues:

Typo in mod info file, for version 9.1a instead of 95.1a

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 27, 2021, 10:28:49 AM »

Typo in mod info file, for version 9.1a instead of 95.1a

Are you sure?  I downloaded the 2.4.0 version to check and it was:
Code
"gameVersion":"0.95.1a-RC6",

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 27, 2021, 02:39:05 PM »

ED Shipyard 2.4.1 Released

-=Download=-

• Save compatible with 2.4.0
  • Updated remote version file URL
  • This mod can now be added mid-game and everything will work (before there would be no buy locations)

Known issues:

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 27, 2021, 05:28:04 PM »

This isn't compatible with the most recent SS version, right? There isn't a typo in the mod_info?

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 27, 2021, 07:11:50 PM »

I retract what I said. I am a dumbass.

Stalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 08, 2022, 01:13:31 PM »

first things first,thanks for reviving this
Played around quite a bit with a faction,not as much as i wanned due to natural restriction on having to be close to indep's or nex free port,but what can i say....i generally liked it
Spoiler
the drone restriction on carriers made sense,despite how limiting it is basically forcing you to use either [REDACTED] fighters (mods,that expand that help quite a bit) or fighters from here

leoberger (phase BC) felt very weird and i coudlnt get used to piloting it,maybe its just me and phase ships not getting along

i cant spell the name for the life of me capital carrier (7-slot one) felt really good,specially when you realise you can outfit it with 8 medium missles and 2 large missle slots(dont remember if it had smaller SRM or LRM mounts),its insanely good as LRM support for saturation tactic,active system on the other hand is barely used by AI unless ally ship is actually near death,plus it was often hanging around quite far,i think it should use it when ally ship is near overloading or getting some hits rather then being at deaths-door,as that is a loss of resources by that point (and if you use starship legends its also losing points for that mod)

retreiver is a neat design,doesnt really work with capital fleets in late game but still good until you get there,but repair drones felt too weak honestly,at least from my tests they barely did anithing,maybe i was doing smth wrong on that one but from combat tests and tests with me damaging friendly freighter in simulation barely had any result,they look neat doe thats sure

unless i am mistaken with the other ship but pretty sure dobermann model and design was changed a bit

and something of the biggest disappoinment for me was the wurgandal,from a looks of it and from active system it felt like its supposed to be front-load capital ship ("maw",4 frontal large mounts 4 mediums and a bunch of small on "claws" felt like they all were all facing forward)
but when i got to hand it around it turned out to be a very weird broadsider carrier from how weapons are angled,which absolutely 180*ed me from it
also seems like you have absolutely no control over the fighters,they will fly off and commit death as soon as modules lock to something,aint as bad as you practically are locked to using drones,so no crew loss,but that is still firepower lost if you have interceptors or anything other then a bomber
i hope that having a core-controlled module commands chain will be something that becomes a standart later on for all mods or default modular ships
maybe i was doing something wrong but for some reason despite me usually liking modular ships and specially liking HT this didnt work out at all

basically all it comes down to that you will use only 3 large mounds and 3 medium mounts per side,nothing else,small weaponry is all gonna be PD,which is less weaponry then most of other default or modded capitals in the game can offer which forces you to mostly rely on fighters and staying away,and that is for a price of 100 dp+higher maint cost of 300 p/m doesnt seem like its worth it at all
well....at least it looks cool AF thats for sure

This is a full fledged faction and doesn't need any real work as the roster of ships is extensive, high quality and the balance is great so I don't anticipate any substantive, functional changes
but considering this was said, highly doubt wurgandal would get any meaningful changes to weaponry as it would mean heavy structural edits,so i guess that is a dead ship for me

liked the idea of newfoundland but not that hard of a trader to make use of it so didnt bother with it

berdnard is a must have for me now,+2 speed saves my ass from hostiles(mainly remnants or unwanted pathers) when i run BIG SLOW ships which i do quite often(practically dreadnoight or capital fleet) and the fuel capacity is usually enough for long travel,didnt feel the need to get more then one as its already enough fuel to get around the galaxy unless you run like 30 ships that drink fuel like water

doog is like a smaller version of killer queen?(doom)definetely feels like it,good god mines(from built-in weapons on front) are no friendly fire on them at least for the doog itself
[close]
unfortunately havent fought against them for much to say how do they work as enemies on pirate edition
everything else was nothing of note to go for against or for,at least for now,maybe will add something later if you actually care
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 05:04:44 PM by Stalkar »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 08, 2022, 04:58:47 PM »

first things first,thanks for reviving this
Played around quite a bit with a faction,not as much as i wanned due to natural restriction on having to be close to indep's or nex free port,but what can i say....i generally liked it
Spoiler
the drone restriction on carriers made sense,despite how limiting it is basically forcing you to use either [REDACTED] fighters (mods,that expand that help quite a bit) or fighters from here

leoberger (phase BC) felt very weird and i coudlnt get used to piloting it,maybe its just me and phase ships not getting along

i cant spell the name for the life of me capital carrier (7-slot one) felt really good,specially when you realise you can outfit it with 8 medium missles and 2 large missle slots(dont remember if it had smaller SRM or LRM mounts),its insanely good as LRM support for saturation tactic,active system on the other hand is barely used by AI unless ally ship is actually near death,plus it was often hanging around quite far,i think it should use it when ally ship is near overloading or getting some hits rather then being at deaths-door,as that is a loss of resources by that point (and if you use starship legends its also losing points for that mod)

retreiver is a neat design,doesnt really work with capital fleets in late game but still good until you get there,but repair drones felt too weak honestly,at least from my tests they barely did anithing,maybe i was doing smth wrong on that one but from combat tests and tests with me damaging friendly freighter in simulation barely had any result,they look neat doe thats sure

unless i am mistaken with the other ship but pretty sure dobermann model and design was changed a bit

and something of the biggest disappoinment for me was the wurgandal,from a looks of it and from active system it felt like its supposed to be front-load ship ("maw",4 frontal large mounts 4 mediums and a bunch of small on "claws" felt like they all were all facing forward)
but when i got to hand it around it turned out to be a very weird broadsider from how weapons are angled,which absolutely 180*ed me from it
also seems like you have absolutely no control over the fighters,they will fly off and commit death as soon as modules lock to something,aint as bad as you practically are locked to using drones,so no crew loss,but that is still firepower lost if you have interceptors or anything other then a bomber
i hope that having a core-controlled module commands chain will be something that becomes a standart later on for all mods or default modular ships
maybe i was doing somethign wrong but for some reason despite me usually liking modular ships and specially liking HT this didnt work out at all with a bad aftertaste

basically all it comes down to that you will use only 3 large mounds and 3 medium mounts per side,nothing else,small weaponry is all gonna be PD or none to save OP,which is less weaponry then most of other default or modded capitals in the game can offer,and that is for a price of 100 dp+higher maint cost of 300 p/m doesnt seem like its worth it at all despite all of the range boost and fighters its extremly undergunned on large and medium mounts
well....at least it looks cool AF thats for sure

This is a full fledged faction and doesn't need any real work as the roster of ships is extensive, high quality and the balance is great so I don't anticipate any substantive, functional changes
but considering this was said, highly doubt wurgandal would get any meaningful changes to weaponry as it would mean heavy structural edits,so i guess that is a dead ship for me

liked the idea of newfoundland but not that hard of a trader to make use of it so didnt bother with it

berdnard is a must have for me now,+2 speed saves my ass from hostiles(mainly remnants or unwanted pathers) when i run BIG SLOW ships which i do quite often(practically dreadnoight or capital fleet) and the fuel capacity is usually enough for long travel,didnt feel the need to get more then one as its already enough fuel to get around the galaxy unless you run like 30 ships that drink fuel like water

doog is like a smaller version of killer queen?(doom)definetely feels like it,good god mines(from built-in weapons on front) are no friendly fire on them at least for the doog itself
[close]
unfortunately havent fought against them for much to say how do they work as enemies on pirate edition
everything else was nothing of note to go for against or for,at least for now,maybe will add something later if you actually care

Great feedback, thanks!

Wurg is on the list of ships to look at, it's just not much fun to fly, there's not a lot of agency involved with it.  Other mods have super caps that support cascading commands and what not to give you a much better feeling of being in control, I'll eventually do something like that here. 

I do like that some ships feel a bit weird or play differently than the majority of ships (vanilla or otherwise), but that's what makes these ships worth using.  With the quantity of other high quality faction mods out there, anything approaching vanilla play has already been done and done well.

My biggest concern is with balancing carriers since they are basically trash meta in the current version, the capital carriers rarely feel worth it DP wise when compared to other things.

pucin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 11, 2022, 11:49:53 AM »

should been updated in mod index

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 16, 2022, 01:30:57 PM »

Interesting, do you plan making balance changes related to recent patches phase ship rework, like increasing proportionally HP and Armour of phase ships like vanilla phase ships got?

And another balance issue due patch changes, is Bernard tanker, latest patches decreased fuel usage of Atlas and Prometheus, now they use 6 fuel instead of 10, I think its fuel usage needs to be adjusted accordingly, it was not efficient even in 091 version, since Bernard fuel usage is 40, while 2 Prometheuses 10+10 and 2 Ox Tugs 5+5 gives you 30 fuel per year, and now they gives 6+6+5+5, 24 fuel usage. So its now almost twice as unefficient than using 2 Prometheuses and 2 Tugs. Also, if you reduce current fuel usage by 40% like Prometheus in latest patch got, you actually get 24 fuel per year.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 01:36:58 PM by BreenBB »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27