Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)  (Read 268711 times)

epixinvites

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Will this mod be updated to 0.95a? Or is it permanently discountinued?
« Reply #330 on: March 28, 2021, 05:03:02 AM »

I really love this mod due to its unique ships and hullmods, but ED seems like he's gone for an unknown amount of time. So, will this mod be updated to 0.95a? Or will it not?

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)
« Reply #331 on: April 03, 2021, 11:36:27 AM »

Eventually... if no one else is interested in taking over the mod.
Check out my ships

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 03, 2021, 03:00:25 PM »

How about the Discord server? Is there no one want to forked your mod or maintaining it until you come back?

Also i hope you are doing well there  :D
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

PlatinumSun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 04, 2021, 12:34:16 PM »

Eventually... if no one else is interested in taking over the mod.

Say, I plan on learning to program basic Java during the summer, how complicated would simply updating the mod to 0.95 be? I have almost zero programming experience other than a small random text picker program (It asks a question and gives you a random positive or negetive fortune depending on how you asnwered the questions. The Python version had a tally system where it gives you one fortune at the end after adding together the sum of the answers.) I wrote years ago in C#, which I also made again in Python. But if I am going to be honest I can't remember anything of programing them or programming in general. Other than I made heavy use of arrays for them. And both of them (C# and Python) had something wrong that caused a crash which I couldn't figure out what for the life of me.

ModdedLaharl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 09, 2021, 03:20:16 PM »

I'd also be quite interested in helping to continue ED Shipyards. I'm already in the process of setting up a jar and teaching myself some slightly more complicated scripting in order to execute what I want to do.

Glancing through the files, there's definitely some things here I'd need to chew on; not least of which being that onHit effects need to be updated for 0.95 for weapons like the Grapeshot; and frankly I can't even pretend to mimic the artstyle.

I'm currently out of state and thus away from my work computer so it'd be a bit if I did do this, but I'd definitely throw my hat in the ring.

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 09, 2021, 06:18:12 PM »

Glancing through the files, there's definitely some things here I'd need to chew on; not least of which being that onHit effects need to be updated for 0.95 for weapons like the Grapeshot; and frankly I can't even pretend to mimic the artstyle.

Updating on hit effects is very easy- you just need to add the ApplyDamageResultAPI argument. For example:
public void onHit(DamagingProjectileAPI projectile, CombatEntityAPI target, Vector2f point, boolean shieldHit, CombatEngineAPI engine) becomes
public void onHit(DamagingProjectileAPI projectile, CombatEntityAPI target, Vector2f point, boolean shieldHit, ApplyDamageResultAPI damageResult, CombatEngineAPI engine)
and that's it.

Lord Sputnik

• Commander
  • "One Of Ours, Sir!" = Best ship name ever...
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 11, 2021, 11:22:43 AM »

Updating on hit effects is very easy- you just need to add the ApplyDamageResultAPI argument. For example:
public void onHit(DamagingProjectileAPI projectile, CombatEntityAPI target, Vector2f point, boolean shieldHit, CombatEngineAPI engine) becomes
public void onHit(DamagingProjectileAPI projectile, CombatEntityAPI target, Vector2f point, boolean shieldHit, ApplyDamageResultAPI damageResult, CombatEngineAPI engine)
and that's it.

That totally explains this error when I tried updating it myself to 0.95...
Spoiler
12304987 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.AbstractMethodError: data.scripts.weapons.Magnablast.onHit(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/DamagingProjectileAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;ZLcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/listeners/ApplyDamageResultAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEngineAPI;)V
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: data.scripts.weapons.Magnablast.onHit(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/DamagingProjectileAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;ZLcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/listeners/ApplyDamageResultAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEngineAPI;)V
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.BallisticProjectile.setDidDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.BallisticProjectile.notifyDealtDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.oOOO.O0OO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.oOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.oOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
ZeroGman

Self-proclaimed lord of Eos, lord of Magec, and lord of the dance.

fattytheking

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 23, 2021, 06:37:31 PM »

Love this mod Ed! Cant wait for it to get updated for 0.95

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 23, 2021, 07:45:11 PM »

I enjoyed this mod back in 0.91a so I was considering updating it for 0.95a since the author was asking about it. I have a build for personal use but a few other people said they were going to try updating it so I wanted to check first before I try uploading anything.  I couldn't do like, any long term development on it outside of like, gamebreaking problems though.
Lover of moths
Nexus Profile: NovaCoru

Coldbolt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 14, 2021, 07:38:11 AM »

{
   "id":"edshipyard",
   "name":"ED Shipyard",
   "author":"Ed",
   "version":"2.1.2",
   "description":"Adds some fun ships, fair and balanced!",
   "gameVersion":"0.95a-RC15",
   "jars":["jars/EDShipyard.jar"],   
   "modPlugin":"data.scripts.ED_modPlugin",
}
try replace it to 0.95a-RC15 under gameVersion it run well and didn't crash when starting up the game but during the game play on battle it will crash so play at your own risk
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 08:39:27 AM by Coldbolt »

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 14, 2021, 03:12:11 PM »

{
   "id":"edshipyard",
   "name":"ED Shipyard",
   "author":"Ed",
   "version":"2.1.2",
   "description":"Adds some fun ships, fair and balanced!",
   "gameVersion":"0.95a-RC15",
   "jars":["jars/EDShipyard.jar"],   
   "modPlugin":"data.scripts.ED_modPlugin",
}
try replace it to 0.95a-RC15 under gameVersion it run well and didn't crash when starting up the game but during the game play on battle it will crash so play at your own risk
The issue is many of the weapons use special OnHit effects that have to be updated to the modern implementation of those methods.  Its super easy to do, but requires you to recompile the mod's jar file.  Otherwise it'll crash whenever you try to use those weapons.
Lover of moths
Nexus Profile: NovaCoru

AlhazredTheMad

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 31, 2021, 03:33:47 PM »

We must have a savior out there! I need those ED Ships in my life. Anyone done the update and it's just posted somewhere?

GaryVary

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 11, 2021, 08:28:32 AM »

We must have a savior out there! I need those ED Ships in my life. Anyone done the update and it's just posted somewhere?
I'll be your savior, I've fixed onHit method and now it's compatible with [0.95a]. So far didn't find any other issues.
I hope mod author will not be angry that I ported his mod.

https://github.com/GaryVary/ED-Shipyard/releases/download/1.0.0/ED.Shipyard.zip

If anyone will find other issues, then post exception text and (if possible) reproduction steps, I'll try to fix it (until Sunday, I will not have access to the computer, so I will not be able to start looking at the problems earlier.).

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 11, 2021, 10:15:54 AM »

I'll be your savior, I've fixed onHit method and now it's compatible with [0.95a]. So far didn't find any other issues.
I hope mod author will not be angry that I ported his mod.

https://github.com/GaryVary/ED-Shipyard/releases/download/1.0.0/ED.Shipyard.zip

If anyone will find other issues, then post exception text and (if possible) reproduction steps, I'll try to fix it (until Sunday, I will not have access to the computer, so I will not be able to start looking at the problems earlier.).

You did a good job, thanks for the link!
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

GaryVary

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2021, 11:43:17 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27