Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)  (Read 268712 times)

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.9.4 (updated 17/11/2019)
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2019, 08:57:38 AM »

Released 1.9.4

Added Beauceron
Added Pirate Beauceron
Added Pirate Dobermann
Added Wisp Launcher Small Energy PD System
Terrier drones now should always give priority to weapons that do not replenish themselves
Remodeled the Retriever, also the shield now changes color depending on how much accumulated damage the generator has
Remodeled the Groenendael again, removed the silly accidental face
Reduced Chin DP to 4 from 5
Reduced Collie DP to 8 from 9
Reduced Shiba DP to 9 from 11
Increased Corgi DP to 11 from 10
Corrected the problem where Papillons wouldn't release their missiles if the target engines were disabled already
Increased Papillon Refit time to 40 seconds from 30 seconds to compensate for how strong they became after the previous fix
Lowered the Papillon attack run range
Changed the Papillon PD laser for a Wisp Launcher
Changed Pug system to ammofeed from flare launcher (fighter)
Added 4 Wisp Launchers to the Pug
Made some ships less rare
Check out my ships

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2019, 12:04:26 AM »

Released 1.9.4

So far the changes look nice :)
Seems like the ship mounted dust missiles still suffer from the fact that they can't hit targets when the target in question has no engines. What they do instead is to seek for the next target with engines. The player can use that to essentially lock down an entire battle in place with one gryphon.

Some of the papillons seem to particularly love to hug the enemy to a point they run out of energy and then die to AA.
what happens is if they have to go phase shift en route to target (when getting attacked by lasers or other fighters) they basically stay that way until they are on top of the target hull. And then they just whoosh around there until they die, essentially without attacking.
So you lose some due to that hugging behaviour.
And then you lose the rest becaus due to the fact they still have their payload on board, the AI does not recognize the attack run commenced and does never call the bombers back. So in a prolonged battle the carrier stays in engage mode indefinitely, sending the bombers in one at a time until the replacement rate is at 0 :/

The terriers do an awesome job now with the missile reload :) Your fix definitely works!
And I like the wisp launcher as well despite the fact it's currently a 0cp addon. Don't wanna argue about your decisions here, just wanna know if there is some lore behind it or if it is intended that way at all :)

Here's another quick vid of the action:
https://youtu.be/D_Jjj37704w

take care and keep up the good work! :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 12:26:43 AM by WASP103 »

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2019, 09:13:22 AM »

Released 1.9.4

So far the changes look nice :)
Seems like the ship mounted dust missiles still suffer from the fact that they can't hit targets when the target in question has no engines. What they do instead is to seek for the next target with engines. The player can use that to essentially lock down an entire battle in place with one gryphon.

Some of the papillons seem to particularly love to hug the enemy to a point they run out of energy and then die to AA.
what happens is if they have to go phase shift en route to target (when getting attacked by lasers or other fighters) they basically stay that way until they are on top of the target hull. And then they just whoosh around there until they die, essentially without attacking.
So you lose some due to that hugging behaviour.
And then you lose the rest becaus due to the fact they still have their payload on board, the AI does not recognize the attack run commenced and does never call the bombers back. So in a prolonged battle the carrier stays in engage mode indefinitely, sending the bombers in one at a time until the replacement rate is at 0 :/

The terriers do an awesome job now with the missile reload :) Your fix definitely works!
And I like the wisp launcher as well despite the fact it's currently a 0cp addon. Don't wanna argue about your decisions here, just wanna know if there is some lore behind it or if it is intended that way at all :)

Here's another quick vid of the action:
https://youtu.be/D_Jjj37704w

take care and keep up the good work! :)

While the dust missiles are absolute beasts against front-locked shields they are very weak against omni shields or full bubble shields, i don't think they are OP right now even with that gryphon setup you made, now if you could do that to a paragon, then we would have a big problem.

It is possible that the only way to fix the papillon problem would be removing the phase cloaks or replacing the default AI with a custom one, but that would be much harder.

Glad the terrier works better now.

The wisp launcher is supposed to be free since it is unreliable and almost useless unless you have several of them, so this would require sacrificing many slots for a PD weapon that can only defend you against missiles. if you think they are too strong i could increase the cooldown and shorten their duration.
Check out my ships

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2019, 10:27:26 AM »

It is possible that the only way to fix the papillon problem would be removing the phase cloaks or replacing the default AI with a custom one, but that would be much harder.

You could try talking to soren and see if he has some advice for you, since he made some phase fighters for the blade breaker faction

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11322.0

But i'm not sure (100%) if they work with the same AI (default) yours do or not. But they seem to be ok-ish.

I'm sure there are other phase fighters/bombers etc out there. This is just one that I have seen while playing today that came to mind.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2019, 03:38:48 PM »

Removed the phase cloak and they now behave more like bombers than before, seems like the Phase AI doesn't work well on bombers.
Check out my ships

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2019, 12:34:58 AM »

Removed the phase cloak and they now behave more like bombers than before, seems like the Phase AI doesn't work well on bombers.

Is there like a github where I could fork and tinker with that ai a bit?

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2019, 05:43:07 AM »

Is there like a github where I could fork and tinker with that ai a bit?
I leave all the source on the file itself like most modders, you just need to set up an IDE to compile, the .java classes are all there, feel free to change and test anything you want.
Check out my ships

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2019, 06:07:24 AM »

I leave all the source on the file itself like most modders, you just need to set up an IDE to compile, the .java classes are all there, feel free to change and test anything you want.

Was checking out the folder and started working on some of the things earlier today.
I just can't seem to get it compiled into a jar properly. I'm quite clueless why it compiles error free but still doesn't work when I drop it into the folder. Always dies with some CoreLifeCycle error when I place my edited jar in there -.-

I've tried the netbeans way described in the forums.
What do you use?
What JDK version?

Edit: Alright, got it to work :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:36:11 AM by WASP103 »

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2019, 08:30:35 AM »

Was checking out the folder and started working on some of the things earlier today.
I just can't seem to get it compiled into a jar properly. I'm quite clueless why it compiles error free but still doesn't work when I drop it into the folder. Always dies with some CoreLifeCycle error when I place my edited jar in there -.-

I've tried the netbeans way described in the forums.
What do you use?
What JDK version?

Edit: Alright, got it to work :)

Sorry for the delay i use Eclipse, there is a tutorial for it here in the forums, the java version is 1.7, but i guess you figured it out.
Check out my ships

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2019, 07:09:15 AM »

Sorry for the delay i use Eclipse, there is a tutorial for it here in the forums, the java version is 1.7, but i guess you figured it out.

Np mate! :)
I got it to work with netbeans, just had to set the original source up as being Java 1.7
now I can even compile it with Java 13. I still think your way is safer, compatibility wise.
So far I managed to make the terrier drones reach their resupply target more reliably.

Didn't have time to check into the papillon yet.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2019, 11:18:51 AM »

I got it to work with netbeans, just had to set the original source up as being Java 1.7
now I can even compile it with Java 13. I still think your way is safer, compatibility wise.
So far I managed to make the terrier drones reach their resupply target more reliably.

If you want to contribute you can send me the code later, i will make a build and release tonight.

For the papillon i want to make it clear: i already changed them into normal bombers (removed phase cloak) so if you want to try to fix them just to know if you can go ahead. If you make a nice custom AI that uses phase cloaks properly and let me use the code i could make a new bomber that uses it (if you will do it make them go past the target while phased and do the bombing run from behind)
Check out my ships

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2019, 01:06:19 PM »

If you want to contribute you can send me the code later, i will make a build and release tonight.

For the papillon i want to make it clear: i already changed them into normal bombers (removed phase cloak) so if you want to try to fix them just to know if you can go ahead. If you make a nice custom AI that uses phase cloaks properly and let me use the code i could make a new bomber that uses it (if you will do it make them go past the target while phased and do the bombing run from behind)

Hm. Might be a bit tricky. But you could do something like set a fixed point behind the target to unphase (like 100 units closer than the maximum lead on their equipped bombs/rockets etc) for them to fly to before unphasing.

Or set them to target engines first, since you'll be hitting those first from behind anyway.

I'm not a programmer (some experience, but no AI development experience), but those are what I think would be simplest for what you have in mind as a phasecloak bomber.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.9.5 (updated 21/11/2019)
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2019, 03:34:39 PM »

Version 1.9.5
-Added Basenji
-Changed the Chin ship system to microburn
-Nerfed Bernard's Great Drive Field burn increase to 2 from 4
-Lowered Bernard price, fuel use and supply use and increased burn speed to compensate for the nerf
-Remodeled wolfhound and the pirate version
-Fixed a glitch in Spatial Swap AI
-Added some blinkers and swag and ***
-Minor remodeling in parts of the Beauceron and Wurgandal
-Changed corgi small composite mounts into universals
-Nerfed Corgi OP to 70 from 80
-Removed High Maintenance from the Chin
-Reworked the Papillon, removed Phase Cloak and increased several other attributes to compensate
-Buffed Pincher speed to 300 from 200
-Nerfed Pug operational range to 600 from 1200
-Nerfed Pug OP cost to 3 from 1
-Increased Pug wing size by 1
-Increased Pincher and Papillon armor by 50
-Added one more Dust missile and Wisp Launcher to Papillon
-Nerfed Wisp Launcher OP cost to 1 from 0
-Nerfed Wisp Launcher EMP to 20 from 100
-Nerfed Wisp Launcher duration to 4 seconds from 5 seconds
-Nerfed Wisp Launcher projectile health to 1 from 150
-Wisp Launchers no longer cost flux
-Added 1 second delay between Wisp bursts
-Nerfed Dust missiles projectile health to 75 from 150
-Nerfed Dust missile EMP to 300 from 600
-Changed the Rescue and Detonation drone`s collision to Fighter to fix an AI pathing issue with the Retriever and Beauceron
-Increased Retriever and Beauceron collision radius
-Fixed an issue that caused the Spatial Swap AI to sometimes fail to recognize allies in danger
-Reworked Detonator Drone's Self Destruct
-Saluki Remodel, changed Saluki`s large energy hidden slots into large energy hardpoints and the medium missile turrets into medium missile hardpoints
-Fixed the Groenendael collision polygon
-Added 1 medium energy mount and 2 small energy mounts to the Rottweiler
-Increased Rottweiler DP to 25 from 24
-Improved Acceleration and deceleration of Beauceron and the pirate version to hit max speed in 1 second (kept max speed the same) to improve maneuverability
Check out my ships

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2019, 06:06:56 PM »

These seem interesting, but I'm really concerned about balancing, especially after seeing the siege laser weapon on the dreadnought. That's beside it having buncha tachyons in the core variant. How's that not overkill when compared to other capitals etc?

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2019, 06:22:56 PM »

These seem interesting, but I'm really concerned about balancing, especially after seeing the siege laser weapon on the dreadnought. That's beside it having buncha tachyons in the core variant. How's that not overkill when compared to other capitals etc?
The Wurgandal has received several patches of nerfs already, it is no long the planet destroyer it was, it is now quite underpowered when compared to other ships of its size (the Cathedral and the Caliph), it is also the rarest ship in the game and costs 100 DP, twice the average capital deployment cost.
Check out my ships
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27