Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)  (Read 268729 times)

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.9.0a (updated 06/11/2019)
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2019, 07:13:42 PM »

Great mod, especially loving the delievery drones.

I am always too careful with my missiles, even if I almost never ran out. Maybe I`ll need them later. This makes me use them like they are intended.

Question about the Maltese repair drones tho, are they meant to be useful only in the early game and on small ships. The repair speed is rather....low.
Glad you like the Terrier drones

About the Maltese, i was thinking of giving them buff allowing them to repair a small percent instead of just fixed amounts to make them more useful late game, but they are quite dangerous to buff as hull/armor repair mechanics have a bad history in starsector
Check out my ships

Sartek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2019, 10:17:21 AM »

Havent gotten the Rescue Nurse ship yet.

Perhaps massed repair drones work better, but looks like I was looking for the terrier and maltese drones in the wrong part of the sector at first.

6 drones repairing one ship would be a bit more noticeable, I would think.

Would still not say no to a percentage healing buff tho.

Kulverstukass

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2019, 03:07:43 PM »

Terrier drones quite picky about what to replenish, it seems, as they ignore some modded and even vanilla missiles.
Ship being carrier seems to be an issue, vanilla or mod didn't shown difference. "No self-replenishing carriers"-logic at work? ::) Gryphon as non-carrier test-bed haven't had an issue, Onslaught as well, but 14's Legion had.
Examples goes as:
Vanilla - harpoons and sabots are not replenished, drones just ignore ship with them, or ignore weapon if other missiles require, and receiving, ammo. Absolute most other are problemless, it seems.
Modded - SCY Laser and Cluster torpedoes, while other, like Heavy Modular Swarmer just works; from Interstellar Imperium - Onager being ignored, while Javelin launchers being treated just fine; Nia Tahl's Tahlan - Hekaton torps being overlooked as well.
Buckle up for broken english vocabulary, comrade!

Rawne233

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.8.2 (updated 21/10/2019)
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2019, 04:09:30 AM »

I seem to be having some problems with the Doberman. When using the grand salvo it first only activates 2 Hellbores that don't fire and then the other 2 while the first 2 go back into the doberman. Non of them are firing. Is there anything I should be aware of while using it? I can send you a gif later aswell if that helps.
Please post a screenshot or a video
The ship system will stop shooting if you run out of flux (costs 500 per sec), but other than that it should not be failing.

Finally got around to making the gif (moved right after I posted). The problem seems to be enemy ships in the vicinity. If I use it in a vacuum it works as advertised. But even with 0 flux it bugs out near enemy ships. https://streamable.com/rgkkw

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2019, 05:44:36 AM »

Terrier drones quite picky about what to replenish, it seems, as they ignore some modded and even vanilla missiles.
Ship being carrier seems to be an issue, vanilla or mod didn't shown difference. "No self-replenishing carriers"-logic at work? ::) Gryphon as non-carrier test-bed haven't had an issue, Onslaught as well, but 14's Legion had.
Examples goes as:
Vanilla - harpoons and sabots are not replenished, drones just ignore ship with them, or ignore weapon if other missiles require, and receiving, ammo. Absolute most other are problemless, it seems.
Modded - SCY Laser and Cluster torpedoes, while other, like Heavy Modular Swarmer just works; from Interstellar Imperium - Onager being ignored, while Javelin launchers being treated just fine; Nia Tahl's Tahlan - Hekaton torps being overlooked as well.

The full description of the terrier explains this, i just noticed now it only appears fully in the codex, my bad i will make sure this explanation is always visible:

Not all weapons can be refilled, built in weapons cannot be reached by the drone and so they cannot be reloaded and weapons with very limited ammo require special materials that cannot be replaced during combat. Small weapons must have at least 2 max ammo to be reloadable, medium weapons require 5 and large weapons must have minimum 20 ammo clips. The drones are not programmed to refill ammo of their own carrier ship's weapons.

Finally got around to making the gif (moved right after I posted). The problem seems to be enemy ships in the vicinity. If I use it in a vacuum it works as advertised. But even with 0 flux it bugs out near enemy ships. https://streamable.com/rgkkw

This is so weird, i never seen it happen before, but i think it is not related to enemy ships nearby as there is nothing in the code that would cause this, it might instead be caused by 2x combat speed since the whole system use precise timing for each phase. i will rework the system to make sure it works in all time speeds.
Check out my ships

Rawne233

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2019, 10:25:17 AM »

I'll test it without 2x speed. Do you think the timing gets out of whack by just turning 2x speed on and off or by having it on while using the ability?

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2019, 10:43:56 AM »

I'll test it without 2x speed. Do you think the timing gets out of whack by just turning 2x speed on and off or by having it on while using the ability?
probably both
Check out my ships

Rawne233

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2019, 01:02:41 PM »

probably both

Tested it and it works if I turn 2x speed off for using it if that helps you at all. Only occurs when 2x speed is actually on.

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2019, 02:02:41 PM »

Not all weapons can be refilled, built in weapons cannot be reached by the drone and so they cannot be reloaded and weapons with very limited ammo require special materials that cannot be replaced during combat. Small weapons must have at least 2 max ammo to be reloadable, medium weapons require 5 and large weapons must have minimum 20 ammo clips. The drones are not programmed to refill ammo of their own carrier ship's weapons.
Still not getting it fully, sorry
On the left half of the Bell curve

puffzor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2019, 08:48:41 PM »

The full description of the terrier explains this, i just noticed now it only appears fully in the codex, my bad i will make sure this explanation is always visible:

Does this include ammo gained by the Expanded Missile Racks hullmod? So a terrier wouldn't reload a small mount reaper unless it had expanded missile racks?

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2019, 12:04:32 PM »

Tested it and it works if I turn 2x speed off for using it if that helps you at all. Only occurs when 2x speed is actually on.

I see, i will have to take the speed up mod in consideration when reworking the system, thanks for confirming.

The drones can only fill small weapons with at least 2 max ammo, 5 max ammo for medium weapons and 20 max ammo for large weapons, i did it to stop the drones from reloading powerful one shot weapons that have low ammo as a limitation. they also will not reload system weapons nor built-in weapons.

Does this include ammo gained by the Expanded Missile Racks hullmod? So a terrier wouldn't reload a small mount reaper unless it had expanded missile racks?

Expanded missile racks should work, unless the method i used to get the max ammo doesn't update stats mods, in this case i will need to make a workaround, i haven't tested this situation yet.
Check out my ships

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2019, 12:53:47 AM »

I see, i will have to take the speed up mod in consideration when reworking the system, thanks for confirming.

The drones can only fill small weapons with at least 2 max ammo, 5 max ammo for medium weapons and 20 max ammo for large weapons, i did it to stop the drones from reloading powerful one shot weapons that have low ammo as a limitation. they also will not reload system weapons nor built-in weapons.

Expanded missile racks should work, unless the method i used to get the max ammo doesn't update stats mods, in this case i will need to make a workaround, i haven't tested this situation yet.

So a Cyclone Reaper Launcher (large weapon, 20 ammo) would be reloaded?
So would a small Harpoon (3 ammo) and a Atropos (2 ammo)

Correct?
On the left half of the Bell curve

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2019, 02:16:53 AM »

I've noticed that the repair and restock drones seem to not get cleaned up from the battlefield after they docked.
They can still be seen drifting away from the ship in the overview map (green triangle blips) and they also get targeted by other ships that way.
That leads to the enemy sometimes shooting an invisible /invulnerable drone, ignoring other (real) targets.

Anyone else had that problem?
(btw. I'm using this mod and Nexerelin)

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2019, 04:20:13 PM »

So a Cyclone Reaper Launcher (large weapon, 20 ammo) would be reloaded?
So would a small Harpoon (3 ammo) and a Atropos (2 ammo)

Correct?

yes

I've noticed that the repair and restock drones seem to not get cleaned up from the battlefield after they docked.
They can still be seen drifting away from the ship in the overview map (green triangle blips) and they also get targeted by other ships that way.
That leads to the enemy sometimes shooting an invisible /invulnerable drone, ignoring other (real) targets.

Anyone else had that problem?
(btw. I'm using this mod and Nexerelin)

I never seen it happen if you manage to make a video of it would be greatly appreciated and would help fixing the issue.
Check out my ships

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2019, 12:54:30 AM »

I never seen it happen if you manage to make a video of it would be greatly appreciated and would help fixing the issue.

Will get at it right away :)

Here's the thing in action:
https://youtu.be/CJv654wzyjA?t=116
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 01:17:26 AM by WASP103 »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27