Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95.1a is out! (12/10/21); Blog post: The Pilgrim's Path (07/19/22)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.2.8  (Read 40839 times)

PuffyJelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95.1a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.2.6a
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2022, 01:28:51 AM »

First off I love the flavour of this mod, being a history nerd and seeing the designs instantly made me download this, and I have not regretted it. Thanks for all your hard work!

Question, is the Kuzuryu large turrets working properly? they only face forward at very narrow arcs (well compared to all other ships of this mod I've played). The description almost seems like it mentions this till I noticed all the front large turret only ships have that "frontal focus" phrase.

I don't have a problem with these angles (maybe another 10 degrees would be nice but I'm ok with it as is) but considering its only ship in modpack I've played that has it (so far, haven't played all small ships nor the super biggun yet) it just makes me curious if its intentional.

First off, thanks! I don't mind a question like this at all. And yea, the turret is designed to be like that. The idea is the ship's role would be limited to prevent it from being an issue if the AI core went rogue. Having a more limited role makes a fleet of Kuzuryu a lot less terrifying than a fleet of Bishamonten. And hence would be easier to control in case they went rogue. BTW if anyone thinks any description is not good enough, feel free to lets me know what ideas you have. I'm open to all suggestions. Cheers!

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2022, 07:11:11 PM »

Thanks for your reply!

Maybe the flavour text could be exactly as you said. You do somewhat have it in there but maybe just condense it into one sentence and mention the limited arcs as well

"Their answer is Kuzuryu. Bishamonten's cousin was designed to have limited function. The frontal focus mounts mean little use for any other role" (btw there is an apostrophe in that sentence.

Maybe merge it and say something like;
"Bishamonten's cousin was designed to have restricted main turret arcs to limit its function, meaning it has little user for other roles"

As I'm not a writer or anything, no idea how to word better or if the "other roles" phrase could be improved, but me and another bud who play thought it was a bug so maybe the above change would be nice.

PuffyJelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2022, 09:38:42 PM »

The changes sound great. Thank you for the help. I'm not a native English speaker and it is not easy to come up with the description ;D. I will go over the other description also before I re-upload the mod.

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2022, 11:12:55 AM »

Another question, not quite balance but maybe in part.

Me and bud have hard time playing Susanowo, we usually use the Bishamonten and are loving it.

While we have a few aesthetic qualms with Susanowo (if it lost 2 of the side mount Enera Batteries and had the other 2 move inward towards center to look more sleek) we have hit one major wall with Susanowo. The big problem is this, the number of secondary mounts are very high and very often even speccing into fast flux dissipation we still get overloaded firing just one side of Ibitsu ward and the medium rail rifles. This is to say nothing of even attempting to fire the Enera main guns.

I'm not sure if higher dissipation is needed on Susanowo or if number of smaller mounts/secondary batteries(mediums) need reduction, which I kinda don't want to see because with some range modifiers on the broadside hailstorm of Ibitsu wards is very satisfying. If you go the route of increasing flux capacity and dissipation, maybe raising DP would be required as well to offset balance.

Regardless of whether you do change Susanowo or not, we have really been liking this mod and it is at least a staple for my playthroughs moving forward. I'd be interested to see what others think of my Susanowo problems, in case I may be setting it up wrong.

PuffyJelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2022, 08:57:10 AM »

Yea, Susanowo is super hard to balance for me. The real reason I make it is to try the double-layered turrets lol. And my original plan is for it to be a unique ship and only obtainable through a special quest. I don't know how to do that yet so I try to make it not too OP. Maybe you can consider fitting it with weapons with lower flux costs. Or grouping the weapons more specifically.

PuffyJelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95.1a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.2.8
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2022, 08:30:13 PM »

Hi,

Update 1.2.8 is here. There is a new shop called Moreya. It is kind of weird and something I have never done before. IF you have any issue with its balance, let me know. I also updated Kuzuryu description a bit so it is clearer. Thanks! Draconas!

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2022, 08:59:09 PM »

Hi,

Update 1.2.8 is here. There is a new shop called Moreya. It is kind of weird and something I have never done before. IF you have any issue with its balance, let me know. I also updated Kuzuryu description a bit so it is clearer. Thanks! Draconas!

Looks solid! Cheers

Arthur_The_Ok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2022, 03:39:04 AM »

Game crashed when I pressed ESC. Seeing the crash log, I'm assuming the ship previewer on the options menu failed to load the Moreya, but I don't know why

22360524 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [mm_moreya] variant [mm_moreya_variant]: slot id [WS0023] not found for weapon [atropos]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [mm_moreya] variant [mm_moreya_variant]: slot id [WS0023] not found for weapon [atropos]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs._.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.M.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.M.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.M.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.I.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2022, 04:21:28 PM »

The atropos is a missile weapon right?  Maybe the moreya doesn't have one but something said it should?

PuffyJelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2022, 11:39:38 PM »

Game crashed when I pressed ESC. Seeing the crash log, I'm assuming the ship previewer on the options menu failed to load the Moreya, but I don't know why

22360524 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [mm_moreya] variant [mm_moreya_variant]: slot id [WS0023] not found for weapon [atropos]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [mm_moreya] variant [mm_moreya_variant]: slot id [WS0023] not found for weapon [atropos]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs._.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.M.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.M.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.M.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.I.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Hey bro, I think IGdood is right. The issue seems to be that the variant is missing a weapon. The ship was designed to have some missile slots at the start but I decided to get rid of them. I will check when I have time. In the meanwhile, I will upload an older version to the Patreon page.

PuffyJelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2022, 04:38:23 AM »

Hi Arthur_The_Ok,

I've checked and the 'mm_moreya_variant' should not be in the game. I named the variant of moreya as 'mm_moreya_standard'. Have you tried removing the old version of the mod folders and putting a new one in? I think that might help.

Countable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2022, 09:50:48 PM »

Are the Musashi in-built range booster hullmods supposed to block ITU/DTC?

The description mentions precluding their installation, but you can mount them on Musashi ships regardless.

PuffyJelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2022, 07:24:43 AM »

Are the Musashi in-built range booster hullmods supposed to block ITU/DTC?

The description mentions precluding their installation, but you can mount them on Musashi ships regardless.

Hey bro, The core should override the bene of another targeting core but I'm not sure. If that is not the case then I can only advise you to not put the core on ;) . I don't have much time these days and will look into it when I can.

Countable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 26, 2022, 02:05:43 AM »

Of course, take care of yourself IRL first.

And yeah I've just been not installing the regular range mods onto Musashi ships.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]