Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New and Confused  (Read 1410 times)

ClusterDSA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
New and Confused
« on: September 10, 2019, 12:28:09 AM »

So I just bought this game and I found a list of recommended mods to play with. So I went and got them off the Mod Index.  All of them showed as currently up to date and working with the current version of the game. I put them in the games mod folder, extracting folders were necessary. Here is were my confusion is, many, probably more than half of them, including GraphicsLib and MagicLib simply do not appear in the mod list. I look in the mod folder and the files are there but when starting the game they are not on the mod list to enable at all. As a result a couple of the mods that do show up crash the game when loading. I'm stumped on how or why this is happening. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, nothing else looked right but I would appreciate any help that can be offered. 

Salv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: New and Confused
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 12:52:30 AM »

I don't know if that's the case, but have you made sure that the unpacked mod directory does not look like this: Starsector/mods/graphicslib 1.4.1/graphicslib/*, but like this: Starsector/mods/graphicslib/*? That was the only time when I noticed the game not reading a mod.

ClusterDSA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 01:10:10 AM »

So GraphicsLib and MagicLib aren't folders, they appear as single files of the .7z type, which I am wholly unfamiliar with and are simply in the Starsector/mods folder. Do I need to make file folders for each of the mods that aren't in their own folders? Or are these compressed files that I have no idea how to unpack?

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 01:15:59 AM »

So GraphicsLib and MagicLib aren't folders, they appear as single files of the .7z type, which I am wholly unfamiliar with and are simply in the Starsector/mods folder. Do I need to make file folders for each of the mods that aren't in their own folders? Or are these compressed files that I have no idea how to unpack?

7z is a upgraded version of zip. Normally, every decompress/compress application, today, can decompress a 7z. ^^

(Reason why people use zip: More fast than 7z  /// Reason why people use 7z: Take less space than zip)

7z == 7Zip
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

ClusterDSA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 01:18:51 AM »

Ok, that is for sure the problem then, I have a bunch of compressed files in there. I guess I'll need to find a program to decompress them as the others windows was able to extract with no problems. Thanks! (EDIT) Yep, this solved the problem, thanks so much for the info!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 01:37:24 AM by ClusterDSA »