Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Varus, where are my ships?  (Read 1098 times)

Schmendrick

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Varus, where are my ships?
« on: September 06, 2019, 06:50:30 AM »

Hi community,

I built a colonies which got quite a good industry going, then went on to some exploration. when doing that i received the message some faction fleets are on the way because i have a free port and one because i have such a market share. i rushed home, defended valiantly, then put my good big battleships into storage on the colony and took out some freighters and went for trading. when i received warnings again enemy fleets are on the way i didnt bother going home to defend. when i finally came back and wanted to get my battleships to do some action i have the strong impression that at least 2 of them are missing! i remember i had 3 beautiful ONSLAUGHT ships, one with only one d-mod, the other one as good as new... a few days in real life passed before i came back to the game, so i COULD be mistaken though. still...
My main question:
Is it possible a raid against my colony killed off my ships? or is it possible it robs my storage or colony resources? Or is a colony a "safe haven" if its not COMPLETELY destroyed. some posts in the forum indicate to me its NOT safe, but i am not sure? 
I btw. find the -5 reputation penalty for defending against a raiding fleet of a faction still 'too much' of a penalty (like some other forum posters)... if i attack them again after repelling them initially, ok to get the penalty... but as it is... maybe it is my playstyle but it takes quite some time until i get new reputation and i feel like i am attacked often.

second minor question:
apart from the core worlds, the things i explored so far were all empty worlds. so how i understood it (and read in the forums), those worlds will never be colonized? except for pirate bases? because when i cap-out on my own colonies that i can govern myself and with the few administrators i can have... then there will still be a vast amount of systems just sit around empty? or can i give away my colonies to other factions? is there a mod for that OTHER than nexerilin which i do not want to use because it totally converts the game? it does not seem to be included in the varya mod either, but i see that new factions might colonize the outer districts.

third minor question:
is there a mod to "gift" my ships / crew to the patrols of my colony in a system? (i did not find any in the list in the mod-thread)

fourth minor question:
when i build new ships with heavy industry and nanoforge, they are also just for my personal armada right? i also cannot gift those to the patrols. patrols are just "auto-built" with time with the armada setup i can roughly influence.

it is such a great game by the way....
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 07:51:48 AM by Schmendrick »

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Varus, where are my ships?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 07:31:05 PM »

I don't actually know the answer to your first question, but I can help a little with the rest.

#2 Without mods, the factions in the sector will never colonize new systems except for pirate and pather bases. When you reach your personal governing cap and max out on administrators you can still find and use Alpha level AI cores to govern colonies without using an administrator or taking from your personal cap. If you have the time, you could theoretically colonize the entire sector using Alphas.

#3 No, but there isn't any real reason to, if you have military buildings.

#4 Yes, the ships you order are only for your personal fleet. However, having Heavy Industry and nanoforges increase the quality of all your patrol fleets.

Seleukus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Varus, where are my ships?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 08:49:27 AM »

2. There are at least two mods that allow NPC faction to colonize new worlds. Nexelerin and Vayra's Sector I believe.
3 & 4. No. Your patrol's ship quality is defined by doctrine you choose first and then further improved by the availability of Orbital Works and Corrupted/Pristine nanoforged installed in said heavy Industry or Orbital works. I think in Nexelerin you can gift colonies to a faction - that's the only gifting i've read about.