Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Custom Fighter CTD - .log included  (Read 992 times)

Taitou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Custom Fighter CTD - .log included
« on: September 05, 2019, 03:55:33 PM »

Wanted to preface this post with giving a general 'hello' to the community here.

I've been kitbashing dabbling with making a custom ship and now a custom fighter, both of which use custom weapons. The ship mod works just fine, whereas I've been having nothing but issues with the fighter. I'm using a combination of Deathfly's Ship Editor for the basics excluding weapon mounts (which immediately crash the app), notepad++ for the rest, and Ron's Editor for CSVs.

Before I list the steps I've taken, here's the end of the .log with the error: https://pastebin.com/hY1F88d6

The Codex mentioned in the error had me thinking it had something to do with the descriptions.csv, and when I went through it I discovered I'd accidentally left inconsistencies throughout the various files pertaining directly to the fighter, which I then fixed. After that, I continued to get the same error - Fatal: null - and I did some more digging. I figured out I screwed up by not even having a ship_data.csv, and I then made that and worked it out.

However, I keep receiving the error, and I'm genuinely confused about what's going wrong. I have confirmed it is the fighter mod I'm making that is causing it, and I haven't found any posts about Fatal: null errors with the same CTD error set that the .log gave me. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and if need be, I can share the fighter mod.
Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Fighter CTD - .log included
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 04:00:04 PM »

Hi! Hmm - do you have a .variant file for the fighter? The entry for the wing in wing_data.csv needs to point to a fighter variant.

Taitou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 04:01:54 PM »

I do not. That would almost certainly be the issue, then. Thank you!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 04:02:47 PM »

Good luck! :)

Taitou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 04:12:16 PM »

That fixed it! Thank you so much for the help, and the quick reply!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 04:13:06 PM »

You're welcome - nice, glad to hear it!

Taitou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 05:13:24 PM »

Edit: I figured it out. Never put the number of fighters in a squad at 10, folks!

Unfortunately, things have gone south once again. The mod functions, to a point. However, unpausing after deploying immediate CTDs with the following error
Fatal: 10
Check starsector.log for more info.
And this at the end of the .log
267160 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 10
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 10
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.ooOO.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.ooOO.int.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.ooOO.int.(Character cut due to being non-ASCII)0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.ooOO.ooOO.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I'm genuinely confused as to what's causing this. I even tried restarting my computer to see if that would solve it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 09:46:05 PM by Taitou »