Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: So you can get rid of Pather cells?  (Read 26390 times)

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
So you can get rid of Pather cells?
« on: September 02, 2019, 05:21:38 AM »

Spoiler
[close]
I was positive that once Luddic cells are on you, there is no going back. Also I saw a ton of posts here with people saying how they're such a pain since they can't be removed and the only thing you can do is keep destroying their bases. First time I saw this in who knows how many runs since this was implemented. For the record this is a vanilla playthrough, I haven't changed anything about my colonies, was just randomly flying around in hyperspace.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: So you can get rid of Pather cells?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 06:31:27 AM »

Spoiler
[close]
I was positive that once Luddic cells are on you, there is no going back. Also I saw a ton of posts here with people saying how they're such a pain since they can't be removed and the only thing you can do is keep destroying their bases. First time I saw this in who knows how many runs since this was implemented. For the record this is a vanilla playthrough, I haven't changed anything about my colonies, was just randomly flying around in hyperspace.

This has happened to me in a Nexerelin playthrough, but I believe it happens in Vanilla as well.

I basically ordered a Base Strength with 300 + points over the strength of the Luddic Path's base every single time they popped up. After doing this like six times, the Luddic Cells become so disrupted that they scatter, dissolving.

Basically if they don't get supplies to do their terrorist acts for long periods of time, they stop existing.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 06:40:16 AM »

Removing things that cause Pather interest, so that total interest is six or less will cause them to dissolve quickly.  No help for an entrenched alpha-run colony that has ten interest.

I basically ordered a Base Strength with 300 + points over the strength of the Luddic Path's base every single time they popped up. After doing this like six times, the Luddic Cells become so disrupted that they scatter, dissolving.

Basically if they don't get supplies to do their terrorist acts for long periods of time, they stop existing.
Do you need to keep killing every last base while they are disrupted?

I disrupt one, wait until they get active, then kill them again to disrupt them.  They never go away.  Do I need to keep hunting every last base while they are still disrupted until they disappear?  Do they respawn after their bases are wiped out so much they dissolve?  What stops them from respawning after you dissolve their cells by combat?

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 07:07:02 AM »

Oh I see, makes sense since I was going full berserk mode whenever I saw a Ludd base pop up somewhere. Although the one that dissolved was already disrupted before, funny thing is I was actually on my way to disrupt the active one. Guess they went dry after a while since I destroyed their last base.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 03:05:39 PM »

Both Kamino and Tatooine as Pather bases? Pathers are Jedi. It all makes sense now.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 03:50:10 PM »

The issue with Luddic Path Cells is that you have to wipe out ALL Luddic Path bases in order to fully disrupt them.

By ALL I mean, every single Luddic Path on the entire galaxy map. There are multiple bases because the Player is not the only one who uses AI cores and has heavy / orbital works. Hegemony has Orbital Works with at least a corrupted nanoforge, if not a pristine one. Tri Tachyon has AI core admin + orbital works, etc.

So every single one of these colonies cause a luddic path base to spawn, and if you kill a base bothering only you, after a while the Luddic Cell becomes active again by using a far away base thats bothering, say, Tri Tachyon but is now bothering you AND them.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 04:00:55 PM »

Do Pather bases respawn immediately like Pirate bases?  I mean, if you kill one, does another one pop up immediately and torment everyone else, then you a year later?

Hegemony has pristine nanoforge at Chicomoztoc.  The one in Valhalla has nothing!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 04:05:17 PM by Megas »

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 04:40:42 PM »

Do Pather bases respawn immediately like Pirate bases?  I mean, if you kill one, does another one pop up immediately and torment everyone else, then you a year later?

Hegemony has pristine nanoforge at Chicomoztoc.  The one in Valhalla has nothing!

From my understanding, they don't respawn immediately like pirate bases, but they do spawn for every luddic path cell there is; aka if there are multiple planets with Luddic interest, there are multiple bases. You don't figure this out unless a bounty is placed on a base (usually when they annoy a faction enough) or if you go to a planet with Luddic Cell activity and go to the bar.

Orion03

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 05:26:52 PM »

I basically ordered a Base Strength with 300 + points

sorry for the newbie question but what does this mean?

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 06:55:26 PM »

From my understanding, they don't respawn immediately like pirate bases, but they do spawn for every luddic path cell there is; aka if there are multiple planets with Luddic interest, there are multiple bases. You don't figure this out unless a bounty is placed on a base (usually when they annoy a faction enough) or if you go to a planet with Luddic Cell activity and go to the bar.
When I have multiple planets with luddic path activity, they usually all link to the same base.  When the next base they link to appears, it's usually in exactly the same system as the last one.  Pirates usually split up by region, meaning planets/systems in one area will be affected by one nearby pirate base, while planets halfway across the sector will be affected by another.  LP might be the same, but if so their effect radius is much larger.

I suppose it's possible that multiple LP bases are generated, but only one is ever linked to my colonies.  It's almost always the same one, so any others that are generated clearly aren't a direct threat. 

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 10:30:00 PM »

With Nexerelin, you can spend credits when you have a faction (made a colony) or have a commission (which lets you send a fleet made of your commissioned factions ships) against either a enemy faction or a base.

Invasion and Base Strike are what its called. Invasion lets you hit enemy faction bases and tells you the space and ground strength of the base. Base Strike hits only Luddic Path, Pirate, and other modded faction bases that act like pirates (See: Stormhawk Republic and Kadur Remnants). It tells you the space strength of said bases, so I usually send a base strike with 300 extra points to overwhelm said bases.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 02:20:32 AM »

It's a mod.