Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Quick Bar" Showing  (Read 656 times)

Digganob

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
"Quick Bar" Showing
« on: September 01, 2019, 01:37:51 PM »

So I just opened up Starsector today, and when the main menu loaded up, the quick bar thingy was showing at the bottom of my screen. This was the same when I loaded a save and started playing. This isn't a huge issue as I think I could just re-download the game, likely fixing it, but if it were to happen again with a save I like more I wouldn't want to have to do it again. Any fixes? I tried changing the resolution, and setting it to windowed mode then changing it back, but the windows quick bar was always there in full screen mode.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: "Quick Bar" Showing
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 01:44:17 PM »

Hi - can you take a look at this thread? Some of the potential solutions there may be relevant.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-taskbar-always-on-top-would-like-to/a39fe424-44f1-457e-8669-9f9f33e9e7e7

If it wasn't happening before, but is happening now, then it's got to be something that changed on your system; just have to figure out what it was. It's definitely not related to the save and I don't think reinstalling the game would help.

Digganob

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 01:53:41 PM »

Hi - can you take a look at this thread? Some of the potential solutions there may be relevant.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-taskbar-always-on-top-would-like-to/a39fe424-44f1-457e-8669-9f9f33e9e7e7

If it wasn't happening before, but is happening now, then it's got to be something that changed on your system; just have to figure out what it was. It's definitely not related to the save and I don't think reinstalling the game would help.

Hey, thanks for responding, but I fixed it using Ol' Reliable, restarting my computer. That was some fast response time btw, good job.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 05:10:10 PM by Digganob »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 01:59:49 PM »

Haha, ol' reliable indeed :) Glad you got it sorted out!