Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Blueprints acquisition - commands  (Read 2621 times)

Ataren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Blueprints acquisition - commands
« on: September 01, 2019, 08:41:01 AM »

So the title says it all, can we actually obtain blueprints through in-game commands? I've been looking around and all I can find is wing blueprints, apart from that, nothing.

This is incredibly important cause this is the only easy way to check if the desired mod has all the required blueprints for future production. This way I am able to see what mods should I use for the next campaign, for example, I heard that Neutrino doesn't have hulls blueprints and I want to verify other mods to be sure not to start the next campaign thinking of how cool it will be to build my own empire based on this factions ships, only to realize that the mod doesn't feature the blueprint system yet.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
Re: Blueprints acquisition - commands
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 10:49:50 AM »

With Console Commands enabled, pull up the console and enter
Code
list specials
and it'll spit out an alphabetical list of blueprints and other special items.

Ataren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 01:08:31 AM »

Thanks for help, works perfectly!

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 01:16:01 AM »

So the title says it all, can we actually obtain blueprints through in-game commands? I've been looking around and all I can find is wing blueprints, apart from that, nothing.

This is incredibly important cause this is the only easy way to check if the desired mod has all the required blueprints for future production. This way I am able to see what mods should I use for the next campaign, for example, I heard that Neutrino doesn't have hulls blueprints and I want to verify other mods to be sure not to start the next campaign thinking of how cool it will be to build my own empire based on this factions ships, only to realize that the mod doesn't feature the blueprint system yet.
Neutrino does have hull blueprints.  I can't confirm that 100% of their ships have blueprints, but I haven't noticed any missing either.  I haven't actually noticed any mods yet with significant missing blueprints.  I'm currently running nearly all of the nexerelin-compatible factions.