Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Please For The Love of God help me Oh Jeez Oh God Oh Man  (Read 2116 times)

Space Asian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Please For The Love of God help me Oh Jeez Oh God Oh Man
« on: September 01, 2019, 11:58:41 PM »

Look listen I *** up. Or I feel like I really *** up.

Long story short I tried to copy my save files to a different folder as a backup and then delete my old saves because I savescum a lot. Now I cant save the game at all. I keep getting "Error saving game" amd "access is denied". I know that I maybe should not have tried to backup save files in a different folder but now I just don't want to have to start all over again cause I cant save. Help what do I do!?!

Orion03

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Please For The Love of God help me Oh Jeez Oh God Oh Man
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 12:34:04 AM »

have you tried copying the files back into the correct folder?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 12:54:26 AM »

Try launching Starsector in admin mode.

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
  • Are you hiding the blueprints under your farms?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 11:18:31 PM »

Status update? This looked pretty urgent.

.____.

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 02:25:02 AM »

Look listen I *** up. Or I feel like I really *** up.

Long story short I tried to copy my save files to a different folder as a backup and then delete my old saves because I savescum a lot. Now I cant save the game at all. I keep getting "Error saving game" amd "access is denied". I know that I maybe should not have tried to backup save files in a different folder but now I just don't want to have to start all over again cause I cant save. Help what do I do!?!

Lol m8, r click starsector\saves folder and remove read only from it if it doesn't help r click starsector\saves\yoursave_game and also remove the check mark on read only.
The easiest way to backup your save games is to either rclick saves folder and compress into a .rar or .zip. You can also do this for the individual save games in your save folder, keep in mind that repeating this process will overwrite the contents of the zip or rar file if it still shares the same name as the source folder it originates from.
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

Space Asian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 10:04:45 AM »

I do not know why, but after I got back from work I tried restoring the files I copied and pasted from the "saves" but some of the files from my most recent saves just are not there. I ran it in admin mode and at least that fixed the saving issue but now I have lost at last a day worth of desperate scavenging profits. I'll just have to remember to run it on admin mode every time so I don't end up not being able to save.

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 10:45:59 AM »

I'll just have to remember to run it on admin mode every time so I don't end up not being able to save.

O lol m8, r click starsector shortcut - properties - shorcut - lower right corner advanced - put a check on (always) run as administrator. You screwed up your permissions i guess, well done that's not smthing that happens that easily, not blaming you stuff like that can happen to anyone but its exceedingly rare. You can reset your permission for a folder and its contents on the security tab once you open a folders properties.
"The early worm catcheth the bird."