Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can I remove the rep loss from defending against expeditions?  (Read 1893 times)

Hobostabbins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Can I remove the rep loss from defending against expeditions?
« on: August 29, 2019, 09:40:19 AM »

I am trying to find if there is a line in the settings somewhere that will let me turn off the reputation loss from defending against expedition fleets. Is there anything like that in vanilla or mods?
Speak softly and field a surprisingly large carrier element.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Can I remove the rep loss from defending against expeditions?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 02:29:25 PM »

You cal always use the console command

SetRelationship hegemony 10
SetRelationship persean 20

etc

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 09:23:04 PM »

Every single time... No.

It is pretty dumb.  They attack you, officially deny involvement, but they hate you because you defend yourself.  It's just forced reputation decay really.

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 12:07:19 AM »

Encountered a related quirk: I left my colony undefended (didn't come to defend) and there was no loss of reputation from the faction that bombarded my colony to dust. Pretty weird if you ask me.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 03:31:08 AM »

I'm ok with the rep decay from the opportunistic factions until the point of trade loss.

Trade loss hurts them just as much as it hurts me and it's not like it helps with the market loss with third parties anyway, so why go that far?

Drop me down to -49% and let that be the base line for factions that don't like me but also don't want a full blown war with me.... unless I start it.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 12:50:21 PM »

You cal always use the console command

SetRelationship hegemony 10
SetRelationship persean 20

etc
If you wanted to be helpful you could include how to get console command.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 12:57:54 PM »

Encountered a related quirk: I left my colony undefended (didn't come to defend) and there was no loss of reputation from the faction that bombarded my colony to dust. Pretty weird if you ask me.
There is no rep loss if they succeed in their expedition.  You only take rep loss if they fail.

It is pretty dumb.  They attack you, officially deny involvement, but they hate you because you defend yourself.  It's just forced reputation decay really.
Forced decay it is.  Makes system bounties to rebuild rep yet another part of babysitting, and excess babysitting is annoying.

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 05:22:27 PM »

There is no rep loss if they succeed in their expedition.  You only take rep loss if they fail.

Forced decay it is.  Makes system bounties to rebuild rep yet another part of babysitting, and excess babysitting is annoying.
More efficient to farm AI cores.  You get tons of gamma cores while you are hunting for useful alphas anyway, so you can just trade those cores in to most factions for instant rep.

Hobostabbins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 09:05:34 AM »

Bummer that there isn't an option to adjust this in settings. Thanks for the replies, and hopefully this becomes a simple option in the settings in the future.
Speak softly and field a surprisingly large carrier element.