Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Repair speed  (Read 1518 times)

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Repair speed
« on: August 28, 2019, 12:48:12 PM »

Isn't it way too fast? Colony buildings/stations take months to repair, but the entire players fleet can be repaired in-space almost instantly.

Kinda reduces the impact of battle and makes is seem trivial. Also instant repairs on planets. There should be time passing, right now it's abuseable if you fight near friendly worlds - just burn to it, full repair, get back into battle.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Repair speed
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 01:01:13 PM »

Seeing how many fleets can jump you and what kind of multiple battles you have to endure, absolutely not. I'd even say it's too slow even with 100% increased speed from the skill when you have to fight Remnants or fighting multiple fleets when trying to destroy upgraded Pirate/Ludd bases.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 07:48:13 PM »

Ship repairs mean nothing, CR recovery is what will get you killed and what takes forever.

Hell it even costs more then repairs.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 08:25:35 PM by Locklave »

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 03:02:33 AM »

Seeing how many fleets can jump you and what kind of multiple battles you have to endure, absolutely not. I'd even say it's too slow even with 100% increased speed from the skill when you have to fight Remnants or fighting multiple fleets when trying to destroy upgraded Pirate/Ludd bases.

So? Reduce AI fleet spam, and for the player - that's what retreat is for.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 01:59:11 PM »

Let me get this straight. You suggest a change to the game, but your response to another player is for him to mod the game himself.

Repair speed is fine. It could even be said to be too slow, especially for a new start and a new player, causing a no-CR problem from a series of running away and being harrassed by pirates problem.

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 08:43:04 PM »

I would say that CR recovery is too slow and repair speed is too fast

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 10:02:47 PM »

I would say that CR recovery is too slow and repair speed is too fast

Which is intended, low tech takes armor/hull damage by design. If even moderate repair was longer than CR recovery, low tech would be at additional disadvantage.