Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: armv7l library problems  (Read 1610 times)

kgost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
armv7l library problems
« on: August 26, 2019, 04:25:44 PM »

Probably unrealistic to expect an arm device to be supported at all but I figured I'd give it a shot. Trying to get starsector running on my 32 bit arm device. The jre version included in the zip is presumably for x86 so I changed the java to the one installed on my machine in the bash file. When I tried to run it got through a few of the first steps but then failed on some of the library so files:

Code
jack@devuan:~/Downloads/starsector/starsector$ sh starsector.sh
0    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Starting Starsector 0.9.1a-RC8 launcher
4    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Running in /home/jack/Downloads/starsector/starsector
5    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - OS: Linux 3.14.0
5    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.7.0_231 (32-bit)
79   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings  - Loading settings
95   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [ABSOLUTE_AND_CWD: null (data/config/settings.json)]
Aug 26, 2019 7:10:17 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$1 run
INFO: Created user preferences directory.
OpenJDK Zero VM warning: You have loaded library /home/jack/Downloads/starsector/starsector/native/linux/liblwjgl64.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
923  [main] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/jack/Downloads/starsector/starsector/native/linux/liblwjgl.so: /home/jack/Downloads/starsector/starsector/native/linux/liblwjgl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (Possible cause: can't load IA 32-bit .so on a ARM-bit platform)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/jack/Downloads/starsector/starsector/native/linux/liblwjgl.so: /home/jack/Downloads/starsector/starsector/native/linux/liblwjgl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (Possible cause: can't load IA 32-bit .so on a ARM-bit platform)
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(ClassLoader.java:1973)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1898)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1888)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:849)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1088)
at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:72)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:66)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:96)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:117)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:135)
at com.fs.graphics.DisplayManager.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher.detectResolutions(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher.createUI(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.lwjgl.Sys
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

as show in the logs `Possible cause: can't load IA 32-bit .so on a ARM-bit platform` so I think all the binary libs that come with the zip are compiled for x86. Is there a way to compile arm7l versions of those libraries or if its a proprietary part of the game, get a release with the libs compiled for arm7l? Figured I'd ask if someone knows let me know.

kgost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: armv7l library problems
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 04:31:20 PM »

ok, looks like that library is the java lightweight game library so the library files might not be from fractal softworks themselves, I'll try to hunt down arm7l versions of those libraries, replace them and see what happens

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 05:05:56 PM »

Good luck! Just to be clear, this is totally unsupported, and while I'm curious whether it works or not, I wouldn't be particularly optimistic about it :)

kgost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 05:57:33 PM »

Thanks, I'm already having trouble with `liblwjgl.so`, the version that my package manager comes with that I've tried using doesn't link jawt when I run ldd but when I ran the same command on my x64 machine for starsector's library it does and I get this error when running on my arm machine
Code
java: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/jni/liblwjgl.so: undefined symbol: JAWT_GetAWT
. What version of lwjgl does starsector use so I can compile it for arm if need be.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 05:59:55 PM »

It's using 2.9.3.

kgost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 06:03:11 PM »

ok cool, looks like debian is using 2.7.1, perhaps the use of jawt was added afterwards, I gotta figure out how to compile that so then

kgost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 06:45:34 PM »

got it, well at least the start screen I'll let you know if the full game actually works. If anyones curious, I followed this guide on how to compile those libraries for arm and then pasted them in http://rogerallen.github.io/jetson/2014/07/31/minecraft-on-jetson-tk1/

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 06:47:20 PM »

Neat! I wonder if the framerate will be measured in FPS or SPF :)

kgost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 07:11:01 PM »

lol took like 20 minutes to load and then ran at 1 fps, clearly you theres still some optimization to be done on arm, I'm sure it'll be ironed out before 1.0  ;). I thought it might work because this cpu has low clock rate but has 4 cores but I guess its probably single threaded. I also tried doing remote x11 sessions over ssh to a fast computer but that was also 1fps, wonder if theres a better way to do remote games.