Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: AI admin increases demand?  (Read 1671 times)

DaLagga

• Ensign
    • View Profile
AI admin increases demand?
« on: August 26, 2019, 01:37:59 PM »

So I've had 5 colonies for a while, 4 under my control and one run by an AI.  I have all 3 admin skills maxed and just created my 6th colony.  Yet when I go to put another one of my colonies under AI control so I don't suffer the stability penalty from having more than 4 myself, the demand for several goods increases.  What gives?  We have the same skills so shouldn't it be the same?  Or does having multiple AI admins increase demand for each subsequent AI or something?  And yes, they're both alpha AI cores. 

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
Re: AI admin increases demand?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 02:22:20 PM »

Pretty sure it is because Alpha cores have all the colony skills (and thus increase production while also increasing demand)

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 03:15:58 PM »

So I've had 5 colonies for a while, 4 under my control and one run by an AI.  I have all 3 admin skills maxed and just created my 6th colony.  Yet when I go to put another one of my colonies under AI control so I don't suffer the stability penalty from having more than 4 myself, the demand for several goods increases.  What gives?  We have the same skills so shouldn't it be the same?  Or does having multiple AI admins increase demand for each subsequent AI or something?  And yes, they're both alpha AI cores.

Pretty sure it is because Alpha cores have all the colony skills (and thus increase production while also increasing demand)

Alphas should keep the same amount of demand for someting in your colonys, this fells like it's a big in the code, and no Alphas remove one of demand and add one off supply on all buildings in a colony

DaLagga

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 03:34:51 PM »

This is what I'm talking about.  The first screenshot is the normal state of affairs for this colony where my main character is admin.  The second shot is with the AI in charge.  Notice the increase in demand for drugs, organs and ores that are now not being met? 

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 04:13:12 PM »

You can mouse over a resource, say supplies, and see what the tooltip says about consumption, bonuses or penalties. Then we can find out more about what's going on.

I suspect what might be going on is that player character's Industrial Planning skill decreases consumption by one, like it used to in the previous versions, but the same skill by Administrator's and AI core doesn't. If so this might be a bug with the Player's skill not being updated.

Edit: Quick test, yup this is indeed the case.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 04:18:50 PM by goduranus »

DaLagga

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 04:48:40 PM »

You can mouse over a resource, say supplies, and see what the tooltip says about consumption, bonuses or penalties. Then we can find out more about what's going on.

I suspect what might be going on is that player character's Industrial Planning skill decreases consumption by one, like it used to in the previous versions, but the same skill by Administrator's and AI core doesn't. If so this might be a bug with the Player's skill not being updated.

Edit: Quick test, yup this is indeed the case.

I have hovered over them and basically it just lists the consumption as having increased by 1.  Come to think of it, this is an old save from when .9 first dropped, so you think that's the problem? 

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 05:55:08 PM »

No it's bugged, I started a new game, take Industrial Planning Lv1, and immediately run into the same problem. This also won't be fixed because new skills are coming for next version.