Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Decivilization: The Humane Alternative to Saturation Bombing  (Read 7186 times)

Torchwood202

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Decivilization: The Humane Alternative to Saturation Bombing
« on: August 26, 2019, 10:45:38 AM »

How long does it take for a planet with 0 stability to become decivilized? Is it a set amount of time, when the growth meter reaches 0%, or some other trigger?

In addition, what's a good number of negative stability (unrest) to apply to an enemy colony to ensure it will eventually fall without the need to return for more raids?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 11:21:36 AM by Torchwood202 »

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Decivilization: The Humane Alternative to Saturation Bombing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 01:41:40 PM »

I also want to know, i bullied a lv3 colony until it had -84 stability and it still kept going
Check out my ships

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 02:41:48 PM »

Do planets actually decivilize in 0.9.1a?

They certainly did in 0.9a (and it happened less than ten cycles), but for all I know, they could be hit by a bug similar to Pathers and not decivilize anymore.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 03:13:38 PM »

Yes they do, at least I've done it with nexerelin on the current patch

Torchwood202

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 03:20:22 PM »

I've had a PL planet deteriorate and decivilize all on it's own. I never checked why - I assume pirates.

DaLagga

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 03:43:41 PM »

Do planets actually decivilize in 0.9.1a?

They certainly did in 0.9a (and it happened less than ten cycles), but for all I know, they could be hit by a bug similar to Pathers and not decivilize anymore.

I had one decivilize earlier today in vanilla.  It was a Luddic Path planet that I had raided to oblivion.  I had forgotten about it when I got the message so I'm not sure how many cycles had passed but it was quite a few (20 or so if I had to guess)

cerebus23

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 05:40:54 PM »

yes they will but i think the bigger the colony it has to go through several "destablize" events before a final "decolnoize" event happens.

how long it takes? dunno never timed it i did my thing to =teen -20 something went off explored of farmed other faction rep stuff, the colony would always flip eventually flip i never have seen the AI make efforts like paying to undo your efforts. seemingly each step takes months i would guess.

and yes pirate raids can get to the point they will cause colonies to go under. in fully vanilla even.

have other things to do is the moral or get the nex mod so you can raid colonies outright skip the year or longer wait, and the decivilized debuff to the planet. until 1.0 enables the ability to undo that stuff.

also reading the tool top if you raid a colony to mnus 10 each point take 3 months to drop by one so that is 30 months almost 3 years to undo your pillaging and plundering. unless the AI will pay off that stuff they dooomed evenetualy.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 05:46:57 PM by cerebus23 »