Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tricking the game's Fleet Size?  (Read 1272 times)

crowman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Tricking the game's Fleet Size?
« on: August 24, 2019, 02:37:49 PM »

So I've recently reached the end-game and I wanted to try my luck against some of the invasion fleets coming my way. Lo and behold, I can only deploy 120 out of 180 (300 battle size), which is fine.

My question is, would filling every slot with kites trick the game into thinking that the 2 fleets are equal and allow me to deploy 180 from the get-go? If not, what exactly influences it?

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Tricking the game's Fleet Size?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 02:43:49 PM »

You get portion of battle-size based on ratio of your fleet DP vs theirs. Min 40%, max 60%. Since Kites are only 2 DP each, they wouldn't matter much. There is no trick, to get more deployment than enemy you have to bring larger fleet (in DP).

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 03:04:55 PM »

To get bigger share of deployment points, you should stack Paragons instead, since they have the most DPs per fleet slot, of which you have 30.
You can instead opt to change battlesize in in-game settings to something higher, if you don't fancy flying around with useless Paragons.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 03:16:00 PM »

The ratio is based on the total deployment points of the fleet. You only need 50% more than their (or vice versa) for the min 120 or max 180 out of 300.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 03:16:49 PM »

Stacking Paragons is handy even at max map size if you want to deal with really large fleets (with more than one enemy fleet).  Especially if your base is next door to a red system farm.

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 03:18:08 PM »

To get bigger share of deployment points, you should stack Paragons instead, since they have the most DPs per fleet slot, of which you have 30.
You can instead opt to change battlesize in in-game settings to something higher, if you don't fancy flying around with useless Paragons.
"Useless paragons".  Yeah, right...

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 05:10:24 PM »

Yes, even weaponless Paragons full of D-mods will do.

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 06:16:06 PM »

By useless Paragons, they mean Paragons with nothing except maybe efficiency overhaul in order to raise your fleets comparative DP to ensure you keep the 60% of the Deployment split.

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 03:28:23 AM »

By useless Paragons, they mean Paragons with nothing except maybe efficiency overhaul in order to raise your fleets comparative DP to ensure you keep the 60% of the Deployment split.
Even that would be more useful in combat than most ships.  A big chunk of (fortress) shields with no weapons and no vents/capacitors (because you are too lazy to set them) is still more useful in combat than about 70-80% of the ships in the game.  Actually give it flux stats and hull mods because those are all free and you might be pushing 90% especially AI-piloted