Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Alpha core station commander defers to lv 1 commander  (Read 441 times)

helmacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Alpha core station commander defers to lv 1 commander
« on: August 21, 2019, 02:38:21 PM »

The title pretty much says it all.

When entering a battle where an alpha core is commanding a friendly station, the alpha core commander will sometimes default to a lv 1 commander with a seemingly random portrait. Although I don't know this for sure, it certainly seems to be performing as a lv one commander as well. (much worse than one would expect from an alpha core)

When I initially encounter the fleet the icon is that of the AI, and after choosing to join the defenders the icon remains as such on the ship icons displayed to the right. However, as soon as I click to deploy, I can see the icon switch to a lv 1 commander portrait just before it brings me into the battle deployment screen.

I have also noticed at times that an AI commander will seem to be replaced mid fight as part of the station takes damage.

Saving and reloading will see the same problem consistently, but as to weather a particular engagement has this problem or not seems fairly random.

I dug through all the relevant logs and can't seem to find anything on this. Does anyone have any idea where this may be coming from?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 02:52:40 PM by helmacon »